- Umbra Blades allows Nocturne to jungle well. Attack speed runes and his Shroud of Darkness work well with jungling, additionally making Umbra Blades to occur more often due to cooldown going down with every autoattack landed.
- Using Duskbringer is an effective way to chase or escape an enemy.
- Be sure to hit your target with Duskbringer when you are ganking, it is vital in closing the distance and staying on your target.
- Stealthed champions hit by Duskbringer will leave a trail, allowing you to momentarily observe their movements despite their invisibility.
- Duskbringer can be a good tool when attacking turrets. A well aimed Duskbringer may not only damage oncoming minions, but also gives you the benefits of a Dusk Trail, allowing you to do more damage to the turret. However, this tactic should be used with caution if an enemy champion is nearby, as hitting an enemy champion with Duskbringer will cause the turret's priority to change to you.
- Unspeakable Horror has great synergy with Duskbringer. You can either use the fear to ensure landing Duskbringer or vice versa.
- Enemy champions closing on you might not see Unspeakable Horror in time. Use this to your advantage.
- Using Unspeakable Horror as an excellent tool to fend against two, it gives great surviving capabilities.
- Save your Shroud of Darkness if you don't require it. It can be essential for surviving ganks or ganking others.
- Early and mid game, Paranoia is a great way to pounce on an overextended opponent for an easy kill. Late game it becomes a useful dash during teamfights ensuring that nobody escapes with low health.
- Even if you aren't near the fight, don't be afraid to use your to confuse and separate the other team.
- Using it during a teamfight in the jungle is extra powerful because the enemies outside of brush completely lose sight inside of it due to a lack of shared sight. It can cause them to unknowingly split up in the confusion.
- Nocturne becomes more powerful with more map vision. His Paranoia does not reveal the enemy champions, so you must have vision of them in order to dash to them. Because of this getting and placing them around the map is highly recommended.
- 魔腾的 Paranoia can only target enemies in the radius of Paranoia and with sight. For this reason, 20px 崔斯特的 Destiny synergizes well as it gives sight to all enemies, even invisible champions and ones in brush, allowing Nocturne to be able to hit a target in the fog of war.
- Stacking attack damage benefits Nocturne greatly.
- As with most DPS champions, Nocturne because of the armor penetration, cooldown reduction, and most notably the attack speed and movement speed active. has great synergy with
- Combining a Shroud of Darkness will allow Nocturne to ignore two enemy abilities, greatly increasing his survivability.
- Be aware that activating Shroud of Darkness while is up will cause both shields to pop when hit by an ability.
- A Nocturne. Building it early allows for extra life steal, which can help Nocturne stay on a target longer and secure a gank, as well as the bonus ward effect. Since junglers should be assisting with wards anyways, it easily ends up paying for itself by mid-game if used consistently. is a powerful item on a jungling
- Nocturne can certainly use on-hit effects like , but does not necessarily require them. They can be very useful on him, though.
- Nocturne players should limit their choice of boots to a small range: or with emphasis on due to his squishy nature.
- Getting attack speed items can give Nocturne enormous attack speed advantage over other champions since he naturally gains 40% attack speed due to the passive from Shroud of Darkness when fully upgraded.
- Nocturne (with ability power being the least useful, though not entirely useless as Unspeakable Horror has a 1.0 ability power ratio). provides a wide variety of stats, nearly all of which are quite useful to
- In 5v5, If you think you are being targeted more often, it is best to build tanky items for survivability as Nocturne can be very squishy.
- and are examples of items that benefit Nocturne's damage output and survivability.
- While powerful in utility, Nocturne is lacking in stats. Early survivability items can boost his gameplay noticeably.
- Nocturne is a great backdoorer. When a turret is low use your ultimate and secretly push it.
- It is likely that prepared enemies are quickly getting an Nocturne. Prepare to counter them fast and properly as soon as possible. Getting your own Oracle's Elixir to counter their wards is an effective way to keep opponents unaware of your location and create optimal ganking opportunities. to counter wards or to scout for
- It's also advised to maintain good map control and counter enemy map control so you can more effectively surprise enemies with low Health when Paranoia available.
- Enemies immediately prepare for being attacked as soon as Paranoia clouds the screen. Use this to your advantage before reacting too hectic.
- Having at least one Clairvoyance on your team is a great way for you to aim champion enemies with Paranoia.
- Nocturne features Carry and Assassin skill sets. Therefore, grabbing some Attack Damage is recommended.
- Nocturne can jungle because of Umbra Blades. Depending on Runes, a Nocturne has the choice of starting with a / and (attack speed runes) or , 5x and(armor penetration runes).
- Starting items: , x5 OR
- Skill progression: Duskbringer → Shroud of Darkness → Duskbringer → Unspeakable Horror → Duskbringer → Paranoia
- Jungling order: Wolves → Blue Golem (Smite) → Wraiths → Wolves → Small Golems → Wraiths → Fountain → Red Lizard (Smite) → Gank
- Advanced Alt Route: Enemy Wraiths (Smite, leave 1 mini wraith) → Wolves → Wraiths → Mini Golems (Smite) → Recall ( and or ) → Blue Golem (Smite) → gank or continue jungling
- Alternate route: Blue golem (smite) → Gank → wolves → wraiths → Red golem (smite) → mini golems →wolves → gank again
- Advanced Counter Jungling Route: Wraiths (DPS from team) → Red Lizard (Smite, DPS and Leash from team) → Wolves → Blue Golem → Gank Enemy Red Lizard
- Although Nocturne lane dominance is great because of his Umbra Blades and Duskbringer, He is very squishy early game. Putting an aggresive pressure on him will make him underleveled or underfarmed.
- Keep in mind however that he is resilient to zoning because of the spell shield from his Shroud of Darkness.
- Try to juke to avoid Duskbringer because this will increase Nocturne's movement speed if it hits you.
- Breaking Unspeakable Horror's leash can be critical to your survival.
- If Shroud of Darkness is being used, save your crowd control abilities for after it expires - or if you want to crowd control him faster, pop it with another ability.
- Always remember, Nocturne cannot target you with his ult if he can't see you. If you lose your vision, due to the effects of Paranoia, try quickly hiding in the brush or stealthing to prevent his dash to you. Another alternative is to use Quicksilver Sash or Cleanse, which will remove the sight debuff while his ultimate is active.
- Also, while under the effects of Paranoia, you and your teammates can still see each others' map pings.
- Try to stay close with your allies when Nocturne uses his Paranoia so you and your allies are prepared to fight him.
- Never overextend when chasing Nocturne. If you are also low on health and is attacked by turret, he will activate his Paranoia and dash to you. This can result in your death.
- If you are playing as Nocturne and the enemy team also has a Nocturne, using Paranoia immediately as the opposing Nocturne does effectively makes his dash impossible, unless he is right on top of his target. Keep in mind that this tactic clearly costs you a chance to use your ult, but timing this technique can save a player near death.