- Renekton was designed by Xypherous.
- Renekton was first revealed in the Journal of Justice, Volume 1 Issue 8, as the brother of Nasus, though his name was spelled Renekhton there. It should be noted however that Renekton has technically been in the lore as long as Nasus has, as the story of the conflict between the two brothers has been in Nasus's backstory from the start.
- His title was previously The Eater of Souls, but was changed to the current title by Riot after his sneak peek.
- Cull the Meek Cull the Meek was originally called Tyrant’s Reach but was changed with the release of the Champion Spotlight for unknown reasons.
- Renekton's Art Spotlight is the only one that is not of his original skin, but his Outback skin.
- Renekton and Nasus both bear resemblance to old Egyptian Gods, namely Sobek and Anubis. However, Renekton's lore is more resemblant of Ammit, a half-crocodile demon that, upon Anubis's judgment of a heart being impure, would eat the heart of the impure one. This is similar to Renekton's judgment of who was worthy of receiving Nasus' teachings.
- In his lore, it states that he awakens in the sewers of Zaun. This is a reference to the urban legend that crocodiles live in the sewers of various large cities.
- Renekton's blade-weapon may be a reference to the Klingon bat'leth, from the Star Trek series. Although, Renekton's blade has the grips on the inside edge of the blade where as a traditional bat'leth has them on the outside edge of the blade.
- Because Renekton uses the fury system, his spells don't cost any mana, energy or life to be used. The fury gained through attacks is used to empower them only.
- Like his brother's ultimate Fury of the Sands Fury of the Sands, Renekton's ultimate Dominus makes him bigger, gives him more health, and damages surrounding enemies.
- In the polish version, Renekton's /joke and /taunt are both quotes from a YouTube video that's popular in Poland. It is worth noting, however, that curse words are substituted with their less offensive counterparts.
- Outback Renekton skin is a reference to Crocodile Dundee.
- Even though in the Outback Renekton skin his scales appear brown in the splash art, in-game they are actually cobalt blue. A picture can be found here.
- Galactic Renekton and Galactic Nasus skins are most likely a reference to the Egyptian gods of the Stargate series.
- While standing in brush with the Bloodfury Renekton skin, his tongue will sometimes remain opaque while the rest of his body is translucent. This does not affect detection from outside the brush.
- Renekton and Nasus are brothers.