- Cursed Touch reduces magic resistance by up to 35. When going for the kill, make sure you get in at least one melee attack, as many champions only have 30 base magic resistance.
- Refrain from spamming your skills early game, as it can lead to mana starvation.
- Maxing Bandage Toss last allows you to stack up damage with your other abilities early game. The length of the stun is the same at all levels of the skill.
- Bandage Toss can also be used through walls on neutral camps as an escape mechanism.
- The Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem buff allows Amumu, due to its mana regeneration, to keep Despair activated almost indefinitely.
- Despair is very effective against other tanks, so make sure you're in range of the opponent's highest health champions.
- Despair has a 0.01% scaling. In game the tooltip only shows despair doing more % health damage per every 100 ability power. For example 500 AP = 5% health every second + 2.7% base and 24 additional MD at level 5.
- Tantrum's passive makes Amumu a very fast jungler.
- Amumu is a great jungler with Despair and Tantrum allowing for an easy and strong jungle.
- Amumu's pre-level 6 ganks are fairly strong, provided the lane is pushed. A pushed lane, teamates with closers and good damage or teamates with 2 or more Crowd Control abilities can often result in a kill, even against enemies with Flash. They key is to hit Bandage Toss sucessfully for the stun, and pre-level 6, you will often only have 1 chance to do so. Bandaging from a bush straight to a target looks flashy, but often, teamates will not be able to fully maximize the damage they deal due to reaction time needed for your move. It can also be difficult to hit since enemies sometimes move in an unpredictable manner. A surer way of hitting Bandage Toss is to walk towards the enemy from the opposite direction of your teamates, preferably after your teamates have engaged the enemy, which places the enemy within striking range for your teamates. Bandage Toss is not cast until Amumu is chasing the enemy unless the enemy and Amumu 's teamates are still engaged in battle by the time they are within range. When Amumu is directly behind a fleeing enemy, it is easier to predict their path.
- 阿姆姆的 Curse of the Sad Mummy, is crucial in team fights and can often be the deciding factor. You should try to have it ready for when a team fight breaks out. Always try to use Curse of the Sad Mummy on as many enemies as possible while your team is in the vicinity.
- 阿姆姆的 Curse of the Sad Mummy is very effective when combined with many other champions' ultimates, particularly area of effect spells, such as Glacial Storm Glacial Storm, Bullet Time, Absolute Zero Absolute Zero, Crowstorm and Soul Shackles. Try to coordinate abilities like these to rack up heavy damage at the start of a team fight.
- 阿姆姆的 Curse of the Sad Mummy can be blocked by 魔甘娜的 Black Shield and other crowd control-preventing items/abilities.
- Keep in mind that Curse of the Sad Mummy does not stop enemy channelled abilities such as 卡特蓮娜的 Death Lotus or 努努的Absolute Zero Absolute Zero.
- If you are running away from an enemy, you can Bandage Toss over a wall to a neutral minion camp to pull yourself over the wall. It's not advised to do this if you cannot survive the aggro from the minions.
- Using Bandage Toss slightly before being knocked back by abilities will first kick Amumu back and then pull him to the target hit.
- Amumu can be built as a pure tank with health and situational magic resistance and/or armor defensive items.
- Magic Resistance Reduction is a very useful stat on Amumu as it helps him and his team to deal with magic resistance tanks. is a very good item on Amumu, as it synergizes with Cursed Touch, increases the effective damage of Despair (and ), and helps in team fights.
- physical damage teams and tends to synergize nicely with his other AoE abilities, especially Despair. can be effective against all
- Curse of the Sad Mummy, meaning that chaining it and other AoE Ultimates such as Mega Inferno Bomb Mega Inferno Bomb results in increased damage output. 's MR Reduction also has the same range as
- Cooldown Reduction on Amumu is very strong, but it's often difficult to itemize for it. Grab the Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem buff and/or and whenever possible to gain cooldown reduction without sacrificing stats.
- items to purchase - the former's mana and cooldown reduction works especially well on Amumu, while the slows of the latter helps Amumu keep the enemy close to him and wear them down with Despair and Tantrum. Consider whether or not the attack speed slow is worth the cooldown Tantrum receives upon being autoattacked. and are two great
- Some form of mana or mana regeneration is advised for Amumu as his Despair and Curse of the Sad Mummy can quickly deplete his mana pool early in the game. Because it may be difficult for him to farm a , it may be better to invest in a which can be upgraded to .
- item for Amumu as it gives him health regeneration, mana regeneration and gold per 10. is a good
- When jungling Amumu, it is possible to start with a and a . It can be built into a fast , and gives him enough health regeneration to stay in the jungle.
- However, you will need Armor Seals and Quints to be able to peform that without beein seriously harmed.
- A Amumu more sustain in the jungle as sustain is a significant problem for most magic damage junglers.
- However, most of Amumu's spells are AoE dmg, which makes it less effective. A simple helps more.
- Starting items:
, x5 OR , OR , x3
- When jungling as Amumu, keep in mind that Tantrum's passive damage reduction at rank one is as good as or better than the armor from . Because of this, you may find it more beneficial to start with . You can also put a point in Wealth Wealth to start with x4 instead of x3.
- Skill progression: Despair → Tantrum → Tantrum → Bandage Toss OR Tantrum - Despair - Tantrum - Bandage Toss
- Jungling order: Wolves → Blue Golem (Smite) → Wraiths → Golems → Red Lizard (Smite) → Wraiths → Wolves → Shop → Gank!
- Keep your team spread out while engaging Amumu to avoid his strong area of effect damage and disruptive effect of his Curse of the Sad Mummy.
- Attempt to disengage from Amumu as cleanly as possible after he uses Curse of the Sad Mummy, heal up, and attack his team again. It is a major source of his power, and if it doesn't lead to a large victory for his team that the enemy can't recover from while it is cooling down, Amumu, and his team, are much more vulnerable.
- Use your minions as a shield against initiation with Bandage Toss, but be aware that if he grabs a minion near you he can still initiate on you with his Curse of the Sad Mummy.
- While Amumu has very good sustained damage, it requires him to be fairly close to the enemy and he has no inherent methods to stick onto enemies. After he uses his Bandage Toss, he can be kited.
- Favor magic resistance over stacking health to mitigate damage from Despair and Cursed Touch.
- Amumu lacks an innate ability to heal himself and is most vulnerable to harassment as he cannot sustain himself.
- Having Curse of the Sad Mummy. Another cheaper choice would be . is an effective way to prevent from getting snared from
- If Amumu is jungling, pick up s in your lane to help prevent a potentially deadly fight. If you don't have wards, another great hint that he's ganking is if the opposing team in your lane suddenly turns aggressive, especially in a situation that would put them in a bad position.
- Amumu is a champion that especially synergizes well with teammates - as a result, he is fairly weak alone, and he is fairly lacking in the regard of escaping. Many popular junglers are easily able to beat Amumu in a one-on-one fight - gain control of the river and jungle with wards can allow your jungler to locate and kill him.