- Hecarim was designed by FeralPony.
- Hecarim is voiced by Scott McNeil
- Hecarim is an anagram for "Chimera".
- Hecarim is possibly inspired by the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, particularly the rider symbolizing War.
- Hecarim may also be inspired by the Assault Rider from the Kingdom Hearts games. They share a very similar body shape, concept and moveset.
- Hecarim's dance is a reference to the viral Youtube video "Dope Zebra" by rhettandlink. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- On the Twisted Treeline remake, when Hecarim caps the alters a "Spectral Summoner" appears and says " Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim" as seen from 1:14-1:20 here.
- Hecarim's joke, "Suffering is magic," is a reference to the TV show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, created by Lauren Faust.
- Hecarim's second joke, "Another blue ribbon for Hecarim," is a reference to the blue ribbon, a term used to describe something of high quality. They are often granted as an award to the winner of a contest showcasing horses or other livestock.
- Hecarim's Blood Knight skin resembles centigors or chaos marauders from the Warhammer Universe.
- Hecarim is the last champion from season two to get 2 skins upon release
- Headless Hecarim is based off of the folk legend The Headless Horseman.
- Headless Hecarim has two skulls slung to it's side. Upon inspection, it appears the two skulls are the skulls of Warwick and Rengar.
- Hecarim and Mordekaiser appear to know each other. They have similar beliefs, but apprently do not agree on the methods each uses to achieve their goals.