- Fiddlesticks was designed by Guinsoo.
- Fiddle's original passive ability was called "Paranoia", which caused enemies to miss their attacks. This was replaced by Dread, and the name was reused for Nocturne's ultimate.
- The quote in Fiddlesticks' background, "Those who say 'you have nothing to fear but fear itself' have not yet felt the crows." is a reference to one of Franklin D. Roosevelt's opening statements in his first inaugural address, "...we have nothing to fear but fear itself".
- Fiddlesticks' dance is strongly referenced from the Scarecrow Dance in the Wizard of Oz, since they are both "scarecrows" in a way.
- Fiddlesticks' joke is most likely a reference to the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.
- Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks resembles the traditional Halloween jack-o-lantern and scarecrow decoration.
- The Union Jack on Union Jack Fiddlesticks is the traditional flag of the United Kingdom.
- Fiddle Me Timbers is a reference to the pirate quote "Shiver me timbers" and a reference to real-life pirate Edward Teach/Blackbeard. Teach believed more in intimidation than anything else, and used his image to strike fear onto others, much like Fiddlesticks.
- Fiddlesticks' Classic Skin artwork was used as a background for Ed's computer in the 2011 film Fright Night. 
- Surprise Party Fiddlesticks was released to celebrate Riot's 2nd birthday on 27 October 2011.
- In early 2012, the Classic artwork of Fiddlesticks was replaced by the Chinese Classic artwork, as well as those of Alistar, Galio, and Malzahar.