- A fully-charged Vault Breaker Vault Breaker will deal double damage. It's great for catching and finishing off fleeing enemies.
- Excessive Force Excessive Force does full damage to anyone caught in the shockwave. Use it on minions in lane to harass enemy champions behind them or to safely last hit minions.
- It will deal its damage in a 600 range cone behind Vi's target.
- Assault and Battery is a powerful initiation tool, just remember not to get too far ahead of the rest of your team.
- Assault and Battery can be used to dash to enemy champions through walls. Use this to your advantage when planning a gank.
- Vi fits the role of bruiser very well and should be played as a semi-tank. Abusing your Vault Breaker Vault Breaker would be a good harassing strategy as it closes the gap between you and your enemies. Be careful about using this ability as Vi has no other escape mechanisms once Vault Breaker Vault Breaker is on cooldown.
- Because Assault and Battery does 75% of the ability's damage to enemies between Vi and her target, try to hit as many champions on the way to the target as possible.
- Vault Breaker Vault Breaker can be used to dash over almost any wall in the jungle. You can dash over walls to gank unsuspecting players, or, with some right warding, easily catch the enemy jungler off guard. Using Vault Breaker Vault Breaker will also allow Vi to reach her jungle camps faster.
- Assault and Battery will place Vi behind the target enemy. Follow up with a quick Vault Breaker Vault Breaker to knock the enemy back into your team.
- As Vi is best built as an attack damage bruiser or offtank, one should purchase both offensive and defensive items.
- Also, items that provide a mixture of both offensive and defensive stats, are most often good choices for Vi.
- Items like , and provide a reliable amount of attack damage while both granting a decent amount of resistances.
- Vi can benefit from a wide selection of boots.
- and are viable choices for obvious reasons; both offer resistances and either cc reduction or less damage from auto attacks.
- Denting Blows Denting Blows faster. offer Vi some cheap and fast attack speed, which allow her to stack
- Vi to use abilities for often, while also making Excessive Force Excessive Force charge faster. offer cooldown reduction, allowing
- Vi for reducing the slow on Vault Breaker Vault Breaker by 25%. are especially useful on
- The proc from Excessive Force Excessive Force, so it is advised to build either or .
goes really well together with
- is a more offensive choice here, as it also gives attack damage, attack speed and critical strike chance. The movement speed and proc also make chasing easier.
- Excessive Force Excessive Force causes massive damage.
is more defensive, as it offers some nice armor. The area damage from the proc, combined with
- The area slow and the cooldown reduction are both also very beneficial for Vi.
- As 蔚的 Blast Shield scales with maximum health, health items are a must-have for Vi, as it increases her overall durability, while also increasing the damage absorbed by Blast Shield.
- Denting Blows Denting Blows's armor reduction, reducing the enemies armor by 40% total. This will greatly improve both your damage, and physical damage dealt by your teammates to the target. has great synergy with
- As Vi has no natural sustain, investing in lifesteal might be a good idea. Both and have high attack damage and decent lifesteal, and are great offensive items for Vi.
- can also be purchased. Although is doesn't have as much attack damage, the extra health and cooldown reduction make it worth your gold.
- is a great item for lifesteal when playing as the jungler.
- Despite you should build Vi as a attack damage caster, getting some attack speed will greatly improve her effectiveness. Due to the higher attack speed, Denting Blows Denting Blows will proc faster and Vi's overall damage will increase.
- is a great item for attack speed, as it also provides magic resist and a decent on-hit effect.
- When not building , the should be considered. The offers Tenacity, which is highly favored in the current meta, some attack damage and cooldown reduction and a decent amount of attack speed.
- Getting some cooldown reduction helps Vi charge her Excessive Force Excessive Force faster. While one should not focus on getting maximum cooldown reduction, getting one or two items won't hurt.
- is a great early game item. It has decent attack damage, some nice armor penetration and some cooldown reduction.
- More late game options could be , , and .
- The Vi's aggressive playstyle, as it will allow you to die once in a teamfight. As Vi is a great initiator, she's likely to be focussed down quite fast. Getting a will allow you get back in the fight. is a good item for
- Vi relies heavily on crowd control to win 1v1 fights or 3v3 fights. She can easily disrupt enemy lines with her ult, and this will give her teammates enough time to back her up. Scattering is a good way to prevent Vi from knocking you aside or dealing massive damage with Excessive Force Excessive Force.
- As Vi is a powerful bruiser, making sure to pin her down and not letting her get the core items she needs would give you an advantage against her team as she would be too soft to initiate and her damage output would be very low.
- Keeping Vi at bay can win skirmishes or clashes, as she has long cooldowns and very few escape mechanisms.
- Not letting Vi proc Denting Blows is crucial for lane control and poke, so watching out and avoiding a Vault Break can often decide the fate of a skirmish (being CC, a Denting Blows stack and gap closer).
- Early game Vi can easily be pushed out of lane by controlling her shield procs and attacking after it expires if she uses Excessive Force to farm.