- 20px Dr. Mundo can stay in lane very long since he is manaless and his Adrenaline Rush allows him to constantly regenerate health.
- Infected Cleaver is very effective in taking out neutral camps. It deals damage based on enemy health, which neutral creeps tend to have a lot of. This allows 20px Dr. Mundo to jungle effectively.
- Because Infected Cleaver makes a distinctive splat noise and returns health when it hits an enemy, it can be used reliably for checking bushes for enemies.
- Since Burning Agony Burning Agony also gives you crowd control reduction in addition to the damage, don't forget to use it during team fights or while chasing/fleeing especially against crowd control heavy enemies. Also, the reduction does stack with to make crowd control very ineffective against 20px Dr. Mundo.
- A well-timed Sadism can bait enemy champions into attacking you even when they lack the damage to finish you. Force enemies to chase you across the map in their attempt to finish you off, if you can- sadism's speed boost combined with the cc reduction of Burning Agony Burning Agony makes taking out Mundo frustratingly difficult.
- After you reach level 6, you should rarely have to leave your lane. Although 20px Dr. Mundo abilities use health, his Sadism has a fairly short cooldown so you can regain lost health about once every minute.
- Sadism continues to heal you when you're resurrecting from . Timing a Sadism well with is a very good way to bait and finish off low health opponents who wait for you to resurrect.
- Due to a tendency for many players to counteract Dr. Mundo's health regeneration with Ignite, taking Cleanse as a summoner spell might seem like a good choice; however, it does not actually remove the healing debuff, only the DoT. It does combine well with Burning Agony Burning Agony to cause strong crowd control resistance, though.
- Sadism, Infected Cleaver, and Ghost make 20px Dr. Mundo an amazing chaser who can chase champions all the way back to their spawning pools for kills.
- Since Sadism is a regeneration buff and not a heal it will give you the most survivability if activated right before you take major damage. Keep in mind the regeneration speed relies upon a percentage of your maximum health, so stack up for the fastest regeneration possible!
- cooldown reduction, and extra tankiness, all of which benefit 20px Dr. Mundo
is a very effective item for Mundo due to its 15% boost to regenerative effects,
- However, the regeneration and pure health of cooldown reduction or need that extra magic resistance. is usually better than . Only get , if you use a build that relies on
- 20px Dr. Mundo . It gives him extra health and the guaranteed slow. The slow from mallet stacks with the slow from Infected Cleaver, making him incredibly effective at keeping an enemy locked down with constant slows. is also an excellent item on
- Adrenaline Rush and Sadism are taken into consideration. With a maxed out , a , and a , Mundo's health regen will outpace the health cost of Burning Agony Burning Agony.
and offer a lot of health regeneration without any life steal, even more when
- Spirit Visage is not necessarily required for this to happen.
- Be wary of buying too many health items like 20px 克格'莫的 Bio-Arcane Barrage, as both can make quick work of your health.
or if the enemy team has a or a
- However, both counters lose their effectiveness if you build magic resistance. Mundo with , , and will have around 150 magic resistance, meaning Madreds procs will only damage you for about 1% of your max health instead of 4%.
- cooldown reduction, boost his passive by giving additional health, and improve survivability and dmg output of 20px Dr. Mundo and surrounding allies with lifesteal, attack speed and a short movement speed boost. should be considered as main early/mid game item due to possibility of building it into few cheap and very useful items like , and which together give impressive 40%
- Stacking health and getting an Masochism, as well as increasing your survivability. can greatly boost your damage, synergizing with
- Attack speed items or critical chance items (20px Dr. Mundo's damage output with Masochism. / ) greatly increase
- Burning Agony Burning Agony. and stack favorably with
- 20px Dr. Mundo a lot of valuable stats in the early game, health, armor, magic resist, and attack speed. paired with can offer
- Magic Penetration is overall more useful to 20px Dr. Mundo than ability power, because 20px 蒙多医生的 Infected Cleaver gains no benefit from ability power since its damage is based on enemy health, but still deals magic damage. , or are all superb choices for anyone wanting to increase the damage output of Mundo's Cleaver and Burning Agony.
- Grabbing a Ignite. is useful for countering healing reduction debuffs like
- Due to his high base Attack Damage (110) and his low Cooldown on Infected Cleaver and Masochism, 20px Dr. Mundo can use the proc of / very effectively.
- Starting items: , x5. With a leash you can start with and x3.
- Skill progression: Burning Agony Burning Agony → Masochism → Burning Agony Burning Agony→ Infected Cleaver. You can learn Infected Cleaver at level 3 if you want to gank soon.
- Jungling Order: Wraiths→ Red Lizard (Smite) → Wolves→ Wraiths→ Blue Golem (Smite) → Wolves→ GANK.
- You never really need Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem with 20px Dr. Mundo so starting there is mostly for experience and could be just a waste of time. Either give it to someone else in need of it or go for Blessing of the Lizard Elder Blessing of the Lizard Elder and gank early. Make sure you get a leash red.
- Another more risky route is to start Blue Golem without Smite (strong leash) → Enemy Red Lizard. 20px Dr. Mundo has extremely fast clearing and very strong early 1v1. Depending on the enemy jungler's clearing speed, he can often steal Blessing of the Lizard Elder Blessing of the Lizard Elder and wait for the other jungler, either forcing him to burn escapes or even killing him.
- Using Spellvamp Quintessences may give you good sustain.
- Debuffs from Ignite can be an extremely effective counter to Sadism and weaken his regeneration tremendously. If playing against a good 20px Dr. Mundo one of these three should always be available in team battles. , and
- If 20px Dr. Mundo is stacking health items, especially , then would be a wise item to build.
- Don't stack health when facing 20px Dr. Mundo, as it increases his damage from Infected Cleaver.