- Duelist's regeneration effect stacks up against champions, so don't be afraid to engage in small skirmishes.
- Lunge is a mechanically simple skill, but it has a lot of nuances to its usage.
- Lunge is often underestimated for its damage, especially at early levels of the game. A quick double click on the same champion works as a decent nuke.
- Remember that, while most of Fiora's damage comes from standard attacks or modified standard attacks, Lunge is an ability, so it can pierce through statuses like blind and Counter Strike to deal damage.
- To maximise damage output, apply as many autoattacks as you can before using the second Lunge.
- Make good use of Lunge's second cast to stick to your target; if the enemy has their own mobility or escaping skills, try to force them to use it prior to your second Lunge cast.
- If you're chasing an enemy champion that's too far use Lunge on a enemy minion and use its second dash to catch up.
- Try to use Riposte when the enemy is already in half-swing or when their ranged basic attack is in mid flight.
- Riposte can be also used to counter a variety of abilities, such as 伊澤瑞爾的 Mystic Shot, 剛普朗克的 Parrrley, and 納瑟斯的Siphoning Strike Siphoning Strike.
- Against melee champions Riposte is much harder to successfully parry an attack with, due to the near-instant attack time. Unless your opponent is predictable, it may not be worth it to bait attacks hoping to apply the parry damage.
- Fiora's skill order is not set in stone, and varying it depending on the game's situation can make you much more effective.
- Skilling Lunge makes it gain a decent amount of damage, but more importantly greatly reduces its cooldown. This can make all the difference in chasing opponents, especially those with mobility skills that could otherwise evade and kite Fiora.
- Riposte improves Fiora's offense while providing a situational defensive move. Parrying attacks constantly, especially enhanced attack abilities, can save your life. The passive AD bonus is also quite sizable and improves all your other abilities' effectiveness to a small degree.
- Burst of Speed Burst of Speed becomes an incredibly potent steroid when maxed out, and most champions will be unable to keep up with Fiora's sustained damage while it is active. However, it is easily countered by saving crowd control abilities until after it is activated.
- Burst of Speed Burst of Speed gives a huge attack speed boost so it can be used to effectively push turrets.
- Blade Waltz not only deals damage, but also prevents targeting from enemy abilities.
- Blade Waltz makes you untargetable for the duration of the ability and also removes turret aggro from Fiora, so it can be used to finish off low health enemies hiding under their turret.
- Blade Waltz basically counts as 5 separate basic attacks. Hence, it will proc all on-hit effects and be affected by any other autoattack modifiers (except for attack speed buffs/debuffs and crits), including the summoner spell Exhaust. However, all proc on-hit effects will stack after the first attack, granting only 4 procs (the first hit starts at 0, the second at 1, and so on, etc.)
- If you are caught at low health and have strong lifesteal use Blade Waltz , dealing massive damage and restoring a large portion of hitpoints after it.Needless to said that you are protected from damage for the duration
- Burst of Speed Burst of Speed is going, while also procing with Blade Waltz- against a single opponent it will proc 5 times, doing 20% of the targets max health, plus the flat 320/672/1000 damage from Blade Waltz.
works well with her kit, because it gives her enough attack speed to almost hit the 2.5 cap while
- However, is very costly and somewhat situational (against high HP targets).
- Blade Waltz, which, against four enemy champions, will increase the damage dealt to each by 110. , similarly, will increase her attack speed and will proc at least once during
- Blade Waltz. Along with the magic resistance and AS that it provides, the item is very useful on Fiora, especially if the opponent team is AP heavy or if an AP heavy champ constantly focuses you. is also useful as it will proc on all hits of her ultimate
- Furthermore, Blade Waltz and therefore increasing the damage dealt. In teamfights where your Blade Waltz can hit multiple targets, the armor reduction will be very helpful. In a 1v1 case, the armor reduction will greatly increase your already impressive damage from Blade Waltz. will reduce armor on every hit of her ultimate
- Building lifesteal is very important for Fiora as it allows her to regenerate large quantities of health while she is untargettable during Blade Waltz.
- Unlike many other attack damage carries, can be built but isn't necessary on Fiora because she already gets a huge attack speed boost and a movement speed boost from Burst of Speed Burst of Speed.
- Crowd control directly counters Fiora's usefulness, making , , or a good items to consider if you find yourself being CCd regularly.
- One can build her as a glass cannon carry with items like , , and . Or, one can opt to build her as a more tanky dps type with proc effects using items like , and .
- Fiora can be built in a "critless" manner as well due to her high AS. Items like Fiora to be rather tanky. , , and can be used to increase her damage output in such a build. It should be noted that active is very useful in this type of a build. This type of a build along with items like and allow
- If one is running Armor Penetration runes, it's a good idea to get both and on her, since she can recieve the full stacks for the armor shred easily.
- Building a Blade Waltz. In most games, a will be a waste of gold and an item slot that you could have used on something else, and enemies will normally not be bunched up tightly enough to fully make use of the splash-damage passive but if your team has someone like Galio on it, who can keep the entire enemy team together for a few seconds, you can potentially multiply your damage output heavily with a .
will cause all of Fiora's standard attacks to deal splash damage, including
- Keep in mind, however, that the role of Fiora is normally to pick off low health and/or high priority targets, making Idol of Durand Idol of Durand on your team since costs a fair bit of money for an item which doesn't tremendously augment your single-target damage, especially when Fiora's primary targets are often back-lines characters who won't be standing near enough to anything for to deal any splash damage. a questionable choie on her even with
- In any case, one should NEVER build more than two on any melee champion since, after buying two, all standard attacks will splash for 100% damage. Building more than two will cause a champion to deal MORE damage to surrounding targets than they deal to the primary target of their attacks, which is rarely a useful situation unless you're smart enough to attack targets beside your target, dealing more damage to the intended target(s).
- Statistically speaking, if Fiora builds 4 Blade Waltz hits only 5 times and the first and last hit are applied to the same target so they will take 25% damage on the last hit, the other champs hit by the ult (3 champs) take 3 times the 200% of damage and 50% damage off the final hits. The champion left unhit by the ult itself will take 4 times the full 200% damage and the 50% from the final hit. As every champion has armor and have an extremely low chance of ALL being in the splash range, these numbers will be approximately 3-4 times of what could be expected in-game. , boots and a fully stacked with full AD runes and every hit of her ultimate damages and procs on the whole enemy team, her damage output by her ultimate to her selected target will be close to 7000 damage, the other 3 champs physically hit by her ultimate will take over 7500 damage and the champ that was not physically hit by it will take over 8000 damage from the alone. This is because her
- Fiora is adept at dealing a lot of physical damage quickly, making armor a clear method of protecting yourself.
- In the top lane, is a highly effective way to become deceptively hard to kill to Fiora.
- Buying Fiora relies heavily on basic attacks to cause damage and it would benefit almost every member of the opposing team and increase their survival chance. is a very good option as
- A crowd control effect applied on Fiora when she activates Burst of Speed Burst of Speed will severely lower her damage output. In addition, if she is unable to autoattack or use Lunge during the 3 second duration, she will not gain bonus movement speed.
- Another good option is attack speed grinders such as , and , these all give an armor and attack speed debuff.
- Fiora is strongly countered by anti AD champions, such a Jax, Rammus and Malphite.
- Jax is a great 1v1 top lane counter due to his Counter Strike which can completely avoid Blade Waltz. As well as the bonus armor from Grandmaster's Might will reduce the damage from all of her other forms of offense.
- Rammus counters her with his anti-AD abilities such as Defensive Ball Curl, and his tendency to build up armor to stack with Spiked Shell.
- Malphite can take her on with his Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes granting him incredible amounts of armor and Ground Slam Ground Slam reducing her attack speed considerably.
- In general, long range harass, zoning, and running go a long way to controlling a Fiora at the top lane, because she has no reliable short cooldown ranged attack.