- Morgana likely takes her name from one of the several alternate names for Morgan le Fay used throughout the Arthurian legend.
- During development, her original name was "Morgana Le", which was changed to "Morgana Hex", and then simply to "Morgana".
- Her story, along with Kayle's story, closely resembles the story of Lucifer and Michael in the epic John Milton work Paradise Lost.
- Morgana and Kayle were the first champions shown to be relatives.
- Morgana has the highest Attack Damage amongst ranged champions, reaching 114.5 at level 18.
- Morgana was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match.
- Morgana was featured on the cover in the swimsuit edition of Sports Exposed, Valoran's leading magazine covering the competitive sports of the world. The Journal of Justice did an article detailing this story.
- Morgana's original cost was 3150 . It was lowered to 1350 on April 12, 2011.
- Exiled Morgana is referring to her appearance shortly after being branded as "fallen."
- Sinful Succulence Morgana is based on her bakery described in the Journal of Justice.
- Blade Mistress Morgana is a reference to the self-styled "Queen of Blades" Starcraft character Sarah Kerrigan, the corrupted, mentalic Terran who leads the Zerg armies.
- Blackthorn Morgana is possibly a reference to Morgan le Fay from the Arthurian legend.
- Morgana despises her sister Kayle and wishes to destroy her before returning to her world.