- Spell vamp from Soul Siphon and magic damage from Tormented Soil allows Morgana to stay in her lane for a long time.
- Use Dark Binding to check for enemies in the brush. The projectile stops moving and makes a distinctive sound when it hits something. While this does work, it is best to save Dark Binding unless you have maxed cooldown reduction, as it is an essential ability for Morgana's combat and will leave you vulnerable if it is on cooldown.
- With enough ability power, Dark Binding can deal a fair amount of damage as well as snaring the opponent. The projectile moves fairly slowly, though, so always lead your target at any distance longer than close range.
- Dark Binding is an exceptional zoning tool. If you're being chased, throw it at your enemies so you can get away. Even if you don't hit it will cause enemy players to waste time moving around it.
- Morgana's Damage output is centered around a simple combo, the snare from Dark Binding followed by Tormented Soil. Soul Shackles can be used with this combo either after the combo to finish the enemy off or initially to slow the enemy for better aiming the stun from Dark Binding. The magic resistance debuff from Tormented Soil makes Soul Shackles better used last.
- Tormented Soil used on an enemy champion and following up immediately with Dark Binding to snare them in place is an excellent harassing tool in the early game. Low health champions can even be killed outright since Tormented Soil lowers magic resistance and will hit for its maximum damage or more if they go below 0 magic resistance.
- When possible, try to use Tormented Soil first so that the enemy's magic resistance is reduced and takes more damage from Morgana's other spells.
- When using Tormented Soil to harass an enemy, place it somewhat behind them. This is because they will naturally run backwards and doing so will cause them to take at least 2-3 ticks of damage. Eventually they will catch on and run to the side or forwards, use this to your advantage when casting Dark Binding.
- At rank 3, Tormented Soil can initially kill a wave of caster minions, and possibly melee minions depending on ability power and time into the game. As the game progresses, minions receive additional health and magic resistance, so either level up the ability or build more AP.
- If an opposing champion must be killed in a team fight, use Soul Shackles and Dark Binding on that champion - if it doesn't kill them outright, it will at least deal a significant amount of damage and leave them stunned.
- Soul Shackles can be used to detect stealthed units and opponents in the bushes. The icon of Soul Shackles will become available only if a unit is near you. It can be used to see where they are the moment you use it, but you can't keep track of them if they are moving.
- Flashing into a group of enemies, hitting Soul Shackles and then using is excellent to initiate team fights without taking massive amounts of damage.
- Items that provide survivability make Morgana extremely difficult to kill in conjunction with Black Shield and Soul Shackles.
- Black Shield is a vital ability to learn as it stops all forms of crowd control and also makes your target temporarily absorb spells and damage from some summoned pets (e.g. 黑默丁格的 H-28G Evolution Turret). Hence, shrewd use of Black Shield can determine the outcome of team fights.
- Casting Black Shield on champions with channeled spells (e.g. Katarina and Fiddlesticks) will help keep their abilities from being interrupted.
- If you play Morgana more offensively than supportive, it is best to go for higher levels of her other spells unless you are against a heavily Crowd Control orientated team.
- Remember that Black Shield will only block Magic Damage spells, it will not block Physical Damage spells such as Ace in the Hole, Parrrley, Sonic Wave, or Volley.
- It will still block the crowd control effects from Physical Spells and on-hit items.
- Morgana needs to get close to her enemies with her Soul Shackles and to have greater sucess at landing Dark Binding. Because of this, it is useful to build her with some defensive items such as , , and/or . These items will allow her to survive a teamfight much longer, and still have good damage.
- Since Soul Shackles is not a channeled ability a player can use to have the spell continue while she is invulnerable. However, this makes it easier for enemies to leave the tether range.
- A good CDR build can also be devastating. Building a will lower cooldowns and help with mana, and building a can help with mana regeneration and ability power.
- , can be good items to provide magic resistance.
- A Morgana mana regeneration and cooldown reduction to help her spam her spells. The active from a can also increase Morgana's burst damage output after the Dark Binding, Tormented Soil combo. or a grants
- spell vamp items will synergize with Soul Siphon. and other
- A Morgana early game due to its high AP and cooldown when fully stacked for a very low cost. Since Morgana is excellent at assisting other champions in making kills, she can get a large number of stacks fairly easily. However, this method is not recommended for people who are inexperienced with Morgana. is an excellent item for
- Morgana, since it provides a good deal of health and ability power, which goes well with her tanky AP nature. However, the passive slow does not have the full effect for most of her abilities, so be aware of this. is the better choice between the two. is a good tanky AP item for
- Be aware of Morgana's survivability early game because of her passive spell vamp from Soul Siphon.
- Save your heavy CC until 莫甘娜的 Black Shield duration expires.
- Avoid standing above Tormented Soil's AoE. The spell damage is small but the tick is very fast, making it a dangerous spell.
- Moving erratically will make you safe from Dark Binding.
- When Morgana uses Soul Shackles, quickly move away to break the spell tether and avoid the second damage and the stun.
- Morgana's most dangerous form of attack is opening up with Dark Binding and immediately following up with Tormented Soil and Soul Shackles -- at most stages of the game, this combination can be devastating and in most cases it spells instant-death for the one being focused, taking great care to dodge her Dark Binding will greatly reduce her danger to your team, as that very same spell is also her method of escape.
- Due to Morgana's anti-caster nature, consider using a physical damage champion, such as Ashe or Talon, against her.