- Irelia was designed by Ezreal.
- Irelia's swords stab her as she dies. Whether Irelia does this out of honor or due to losing control of her blades is up to debate.
- The floating object behind her head is the "Mantle of Decorum", which is Ionia's highest decoration.
- Irelia was one of the champions chosen for the Ionian pool available during the 2010 Ionian Versus Noxus Grudge Match. However, she was not one of the selected champions.
- It has been hinted that Irelia's brother Zelos is possibly being made into a champion and is currently in development.
- Irelia, together with Trundle, has the highest potential tenacity stat in the game, capped at 64.9% (40% from her passive passive, granted at least 3 enemy champions are within her sights, 10% from the Juggernaut Juggernaut mastery and 35% from any tenacity item in the game, i.e. after being calculated with diminishing returns). Thus, the duration of almost all crowd control effects in the game can be cut by more than half against Irelia.
- Irelia is the focus of a LoL meme "better nerf Irelia", in which Morello determines that a certain champion is currently overpowered, but chooses instead to nerf Irelia, due to his numerous alterations to her skillset.
- Irelia received nerfs one day before her release because Morello said she was too "annoying to play against."
- Her French jokes are references to the character of Brice de Nice from the eponymous French film.
- Aviator Irelia is a reference to Amelia Earhart, the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Chinese Nightblade Irelia uses the same stance as Ezio on the Assassin's Creed II cover.