- Anivia's basic combo is to place Glacial Storm Glacial Storm, place Crystallize to block the opponent from escaping, and throw Flash Frost Flash Frost at in a line towards the edge of the wall to stun the opponent as they try to move then follow up with a Frostbite.
- It is generally recommended to time Rebirth while under an allied tower or while you have your allies for protection. Do not count on your egg too much when you are alone and not under a tower. Low-level enemies can kill you because of the huge armor + magic resistance reduction and long revive time. Try to be aggressive in teamfights so you can deal good damage; be focused and let your team do the rest while they start working on your egg.
- Rebirth can be used to bait an enemy to commit to killing Anivia when your jungler ganks that lane.
- Despite having Rebirth, Anivia is fairly vulnerable to other harassment. Heavy hits can severely cripple her. Try to stop harassment by stunning your opponent before they can combo you to win tradeoffs.
- Both the damage from passing through and the detonation of Flash Frost Flash Frost remove a spell shield from . This means if you time it correctly and detonate Flash Frost Flash Frost right after it passed through an enemy with 's spell shield, it will dissolve and the detonation will deal full damage, stunning the target.
- During the laning phase, use your auto-attacks to hide harassment attempts. Stand within attack range of an enemy champion and auto-attack minions with Anivia. When the enemy doesn't expect it, launch a Flash Frost Flash Frost and charge straight at them; if you time it correctly, they will be chilled and stunned, and you'll be close enough to land a follow-up Frostbite for tons of damage. This is an effective strategy because the start of many of Anivia's spell animations look similar to the begining of her auto-attack animation, and this can often catch an enemy, expecting an auto-attack, off-guard.
- Flash Frost's Flash Frost's explosion area of effect is slightly bigger than the initial projectile's area, so try to hit the opponent twice with the spell by detonating it after it passes through them.
- Anivia's wall has a cast time, so be sure to cast it WELL in front of the opponent. Just a little in front will block you off and push them away.
- In the jungle, the wall, Crystallize can completely block off a pathway. Allies can be blocked in/out as well so timing is essential.
- In the jungle, Crystallize can completely block the 20px Ancient Golem in its area. This allows you to kill it without taking any damage as it cannot reach melee range and attack.
- Crystallize grants sight, you can cast it in a bush to safely check them.
- Crystallize will grant assists if an enemy champion touches it before dying. Be careful of turrets targeting you if an enemy touches your wall.
- Crystallize can also be used to stop 茂凯的 Sapling Toss from running by placing it on top of the sapling, which prevents it from running anywhere, or pushing a minion into it, causing it to re-assign its target.
- It is also possible to disrupt channeled ultimates by putting Crystallize directly on top of the opponent. If done correctly will shift the opponent from his/her position, canceling the ability. This is useful if Flash Frost Flash Frost is on cooldown.
- Frostbite deals double if the target is chilled by either Flash Frost Flash Frost or Glacial Storm Glacial Storm, so try to time it correctly.
- Casting Frostbite on an opponent and immediately placing Glacial Storm Glacial Storm on top of them will chill the target, allowing for a much quicker Frostbite combo.
- By concentrating Glacial Storm Glacial Storm on waves of minions, Anivia can consistently deal the largest total amount of damage during a game and get lots of gold by killing minions and keeping lanes moving.
- Glacial Storm Glacial Storm is a great spell that can clear entire minion waves very quickly. Be sure to deactivate the spell when you don't need it as it will quickly drain your mana.
- Anivia has ridiculous mana problems. Without Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem, she can quickly run out of mana from many of her abilities, especially Glacial Storm Glacial Storm.
- item is a very useful purchase as it can sustain your mana, increase your damage output, and, along with the Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem buff can lead to effortless AoE farming and pushing. , and eventually , as your first
- Due to the mechanic of Flash Frost Flash Frost and Glacial Storm Glacial Storm (you have to use both twice in order to activate and deactivate) Anivia can gain bonus mana from twice per spell. Use them at the fountain while shopping to gain a few extra charges.
- A item to help Anivia in her laning phase, giving her some much needed health and mana and can be built into a or later in the game. is a great
- To keep up rank 3 Glacial Storm Glacial Storm indefinitely, Anivia needs to have total mana regeneration of at least 300/5s. Probably easiest way to achieve this is passive, as it can practically double mana regen when one is low on mana. So via use of or , one needs flat mana regen little above 150/5s. With no external help and auras this amount can be conveniently achieved by using:
- 18 regen/5s @lv18 Anivia's base mana regen
- 3 regen/5s Utility masteries Expanded Mind Expanded Mind →Meditation Meditation
- 11 regen/5s @lv18 Clarity seals
- 15 regen/5s
- 25 regen/5s
- 25 regen/5s base regen of Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem
- 70 regen/5s @lv18 from Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem regen based on maximum mana with fully stacked
- 167 total mana regen per 5 seconds at full mana.
- 300 regen/5s is reached at 20% of remaining mana, in this case at 560 mana left, which is enough to cast her other spells.
- Total cost of these items: 5805 gold.
- Ability power provided solely by these items: 214 AP (79 of it by AA's passive).
- Anivia has 300 base movement speed, the lowest possible (the same as with the majority of attack damage carries). It is therefore suggested to build , since Anivia's low cooldowns make it beneficial to be able to stay in a fight for a longer period of time.
- tenacity and ability power which goes well with Anivia. has
- item choice since the enemy has to overcome it twice thanks to Rebirth. can be a good defensive
- Anivia's enemies. provides more powerful slows on
- Because Anivia's damage comes from only three abilities and two of them have a 100% AP ratio on a "chilled" target, is very beneficial in increasing her magic damage.
- Try to destroy her egg from her Rebirth to prevent her from coming back to life.
- Anivia is very squishy both early game and late game. It is recommended to solo her while she is weak early game.
- Try to engage her when her Rebirth is on cooldown.
- Flash Frost Flash Frost will stun you if you are in the path of the spell. Try to move away from the path to avoid both the stun and damage. Keep ranged from her to avoid damage.
- Avoid confrontation with her in the jungle. Her Crystallize can block you from escaping or chasing easily.
- Keep in mind that the double damage effect in her Frostbite only applies when you are hit by her Flash Frost Flash Frost or Glacial Storm Glacial Storm. It will not proc if you are slowed by abilities or .
- Crowd control effects that stop abilities from being cast, such as stuns or silences, immediately stop Glacial Storm Glacial Storm from being channeled. If Anivia is not guaranteed to die within the duration of such crowd control effects, it may be wiser to save them in expectation of Glacial Storm Glacial Storm to stop it from being channeled.