- Soraka lanes well with and against AP champions (casters); Consecration and Infuse will allow you to have more control over your lane against them and Starcall's debuff will help increase the damage of your AP partner and Infuse will help mana constraints.
- Leveling up Starcall early may limit your utility, but it can help you harass better than many other champions in the game and it lets you farm up money for items more easily.
- You should level up Starcall when your team is completely in control of the lane and you want to keep the pressure on, or want to farm up a lot of gold.
- Soraka is extremely strong in the laning phase. Getting one point in Starcall while laning allows for powerful harassment, denying creep farming. Using Infuse to harass allows for a strong push. Since she can heal herself, playing aggressively can be rewarding, as long as you are not being overly reckless.
- Starcall uses very little mana and has a short cooldown, which makes it effective for farming. It can only be cast when a target is in range. If there is a stealthed enemy (whether by ability or by being hidden in brush) within range they can be targeted.
- Don't forget that Starcall reduces enemy magic resist. The stacking 8 to 12 reduction per cast will make a difference if your team has magic damage, but don't risk your life to get in Starcall's short range. The magic reduction also increases your damage if you need to fight.
- Keep the magic resistance reduction in mind because you never know when getting in a Starcall before Infuse rather than after will just barely give you enough bonus damage to score a kill.
- Cast Starcall before Infuse to penetrate high amounts of enemy magic resistance and deal more damage.
- Leveling up Astral Blessing Astral Blessing early will be the most taxing option for Soraka as far as mana consumption goes, but after a few levels, it allows her and her teammate to shrug off all but the most tenacious harassment.
- On the off-chance that you find yourself leading a solo push against a tower, consider using Astral Blessing Astral Blessing on a Siege Minion. These minions take half damage from towers, so healing it and buffing its armor can increase its longevity by a substantial amount.
- Leveling up Infuse early is probably the most balanced aproach. Infuse has both offensive and defensive uses for Soraka.
- Take advantage of Infuse's silence to further harass enemies with Starcall or to heal yourself with Astral Blessing Astral Blessing so as to continue pressure.
- Late game, Infuse should be used on enemies with channeling spells that deal a great amount of damage such as 卡特琳娜的 Death Lotus for the silence rather than restoring allies' mana.
- Using Infuse against champions that rely on spell combos or escape abilities is very effective. For example, Annie relies on a stun and burst. A well-placed silence between will let the stun victim escape without harm. This can also work "aggressively", silencing champions with strong escape abilities such as Vladimir, LeBlanc, Kayle, and Poppy.
- You can cast Wish on your allies from across the map to save them from otherwise fatal events. Keep an eye on their health bars on the left side of the screen and cast when appropriate. This is also an effective way to grab assists, even if your allies aren't in absolute danger.
- If you are playing an arranged team, Soraka can be extremely useful due to her ultimate.
- It may also be pointed out that building Soraka with high amounts of ability power can make her an extremely aggressive champion.
- Keep in mind not to get too greedy as Soraka's abilities do have a somewhat low range.
- Be careful when playing against champions that can reduce your healing ability, such as Miss Fortune, Fizz, Tristana or Katarina. Similarly, watch for enemy support champions with , as the active ability (50% healing reduction) will greatly reduce your heals on allies.
- Soraka lanes extremely well with Kassadin for multiple reasons:
- Force Pulse needs 6 stacks for it to be usable. Starcall can easily charge this because of it's ridiculously short cooldown.
- Riftwalk uses a lot of mana especially with it's stacking mana cost. Infuse, at full rank, can quickly restore it. Null Sphere can be used to silence your taget after the silence from Infuse expires.
- Consecration can help Kassadin greatly because of his anti-mage nature.
- The bonus armor and heal from Astral Blessing Astral Blessing can help Kassadin greatly since he is a melee mage.
- Stay with your teammates. Soraka has no escaping abilities, and is little more than a gank without your team around.
- Astral Blessing Astral Blessing, Infuse and Wish give Soraka assists when used on allies, making a good choice if you play carefully.
- Soraka, because she can quickly return her health with using Starcall on large groups of minions also getting some AP and helping casters. is a great item on
- Getting items with effective auras, like a , allow her to further benefit her team.
- All of Soraka's healing abilities (Astral Blessing Astral Blessing : 45%, Wish : 70%) have average AP scaling, so building her as a tanky-caster makes her a quite effective healer.
- It also makes seemingly aggressive items like defensively potent.
- Due to how spammable Starcall is, and the high AP ratios on her heals, can be a great item to get early. The extra AP translates into extra survivability due to her heals.
- Getting a Starcall and/or slow a single opponent to a crawl with Infuse. not only is a great way to get AP and HP for Soraka, it also allows her to constantly keep the entire enemy team moving slowly with
- The combination of slow from Infuse is a great way to prevent a champion from escaping while your teammates kill him. and silence from
- One option for Soraka in especially long games is Starcall to proc the on-hit effect to make her more potent in a team fight. since all the stats are very useful on her and she can use
- By late game, Soraka's heals are so powerful, they can render much of her team nearly invincible. When this happens, the other team may start focusing Soraka, so grabbing an item like or can keep you alive long enough for your heals to come off cooldown.
- Most of Soraka's base spell power and AP ratios are directed towards healing her teammates rather than damaging enemies. This makes or her "offensive" boots of choice over , since they increase her ability to close into spell range and/or spam once there.
- Starting off with , one and one is one opportunity which gives Soraka the invaluable ability to place a ward close to her lane in the early laning phase, which can save her and her partner from early jungler's ganks. It also increases survivability by increasing movement speed.
- A common tactic is to maximize cooldown reduction. This can be done very efficiently with 10 or 6% from masteries, depending on whether you go 9/0/21 or 0/9/21, 15% from , and 20% from . A less-AP-focused, more expensive method that is arguably more "supportive" is to take 10 or 6% from masteries, , , and . Alternatively, buying a and a (in combination with CDR from masteries) will max out the stat, and leave you room to buy or .
- Now that Infuse can no longer self-target, mana regeneration is another key consideration. unique passive will not only grant you the much needed mana regeneration but also grant you bonus magic resistance, synergizing well with your passive Consecration. it can later be upgraded into an increasing its base mana regeneration, magic resistance, granting bonus cooldown reduction and high ability power providing you the highest possible MP5 rate when you have 0% mana making it an extremely cost-efficient item on Soraka. unique passive synergizes well with Starcall, and its bonuses will not be lost if you evolve it into , which provides the second-highest MP5 rate. The third-highest comes from , which has the added benefit of being cheap and providing Tenacity.
- Starcall is spammable and reduces your magic resistance whenever it hits you. Either try to stay away from her outright during laning phase so she won't be able to harass you, or wait for the magic resist debuff to fade before closing in again.
- Always have an Ignite or ready whenever you are going to engage an enemy that have Soraka in their team in order to reduce the effects of her two healing abilities.