- Garen was designed by Geeves.
- Garen is voiced by Jamieson Price.
- Garen is one of the three playable champions in the League of Legends Proving Grounds tutorial, alongside Ashe and Ryze.
- Garen's /dance is a choreography by N'Sync in the music video for "Bye Bye Bye."
- Contrary to popular belief, Garen yells "Demacia!" when using Courage and not during Judgment or Demacian Justice.
- The phrase "Spin To Win!" originated from how easily some kills were obtained with Judgment, however this term has in many cases loosely referred to Wukong's Ultimate, Cyclone.
- Although it doesn't benefit from ability power, his ultimate, Demacian Justice, deals magic damage.
- His ultimate is mentioned in a famous Diablo II: Lord of Destruction mod, Median XL, in a form of a sacred unique long sword. The weapon is called Demacian Justice.
- Garen is the first champion to have his IP price reduced twice.
- Garen's joke and his taunt were changed from the Test Realm to Release. The previous joke was "I know you're in that bush!"
- Garen's second joke is a reference to the Men's Wearhouse commercials, which always end with the line, "You're gonna like the way you look. I Garen-tee it. Get it?"
- In his Dreadknight and Rugged skin arts he is holding his sword in his left hand, but in-game he holds it in his right hand.
- The Rugged Garen skin was originally called the "Vagabond Garen" skin.
- Dreadknight was a prize in a drawing from Spike's Game Trailers TV show, during an episode featuring Dominion. It was a drawing through Twitter, with only 100 skin codes released.
- Sanguine Garen is likely a homage to the Blood Angels of which their primarch (leader) is Sanguinius.
- Commando Garen is a reference to the Imperial Guard of the Warhammer 40,000 series.
- Desert trooper Garen skin has become a legacy skin to get re-released in special ocasions.
- Garen and Katarina first fought during a war between Demacia and Noxus. Garen has fought with her ever since, whenever the opportunity presents itself.
- Garen and Katarina were the ones who stopped the inter-city brawl in Kalamanda.
- According to Blitzcrank's "Fleshling Compatibility Service," a dating service made by Blitzcrank, Katarina and Garen make a perfect couple, but are not officially together. Fans have since been joking about their relationship.
- The sixth issue of the Journal of Justice states Garen's family name is Crownguard, and every member of his family has joined the Demacian armed forces. His father and mother, Marcus and Lilia, are officials of the legislative Demacian Council. His younger sister Lux joined the military when she was thirteen.
- Garen is a childhood companion of 20px Jarvan IV, the crown prince of Demacia.
- When Jarvan was captured by Noxian forces, Garen led his Dauntless Vanguard through enemy lines and rescued Jarvan before he could be executed.
- Garen once protected Katarina when she came to Demacia to protest about High Councilor Heywan Relivash's conspiracy in Kalamanda along with 20px Jarvan IV