Life steal is an offensive stat that converts a percentage of the physical damage dealt by a champion's auto attack (and the small number of abilites that proc on-hit effects as noted below) to health regained.
Life steal is calculated from the actual damage done to an enemy, after armor and all other forms of damage reduction. Almost all champions have 0% base life steal. It can be increased with items, runes, masteries, and some champion abilities.
Increasing life steal
- +15% life steal, +35 attack damage. Unique active: Target champion suffers 150 magic damage and is slowed by 50% for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown. 1825 gold. :
- +18% life steal, +15% critical strike chance. Unique passive: On hit, target suffers 4 magic damage per second for 8 seconds, this debuff doesn't stack. Unique Active: Target champion suffers −50% healing effectiveness for 8 seconds. 20 second cooldown. 1350 gold. :
- +15% life steal, +70 ability power, +40 attack damage. Unique passive: +20% spell vamp. Unique active: Target champion suffers 300 magic damage and is slowed by 50% for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown and 700 range. 3625 gold. :
- increases regeneration from life steal.
- +10% life steal. 450 gold. :
- Unique aura: Nearby allied champions gain +20% attack speed, and +12% life steal. +250 health. Unique passive: 15% cooldown reduction. 2145 gold. :
- +3% life steal, +10 attack damage, +80 health. 475 gold. :
- +12% life steal. Passive: Gain +1 attack damage and +0.2% life steal per kill (maximum +40 attack damage and +8% life steal). Half of the bonuses are lost upon death, +60 attack damage 3000 gold :
- +12% life steal, +30 armor, +23 attack damage. Unique passive: On hit, 20% chance for target minion/monster to suffer 425 magic damage. Unique Active: Places a Sight Ward at target location. 3 minute cooldown. 1600 gold. :
- +5% life steal, +20 attack damage. Unique passive: +200 health (does not stack with other Prospector items). 950 gold. :
- +15% life steal, +60 attack damage. Unique passive: On hit, you gain +5 attack damage and +1% life steal for 4 seconds (maximum 7 stacks). 2900 gold. :
- +10% life steal, +40 attack damage. Unique Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions). Unique Active: Drains target champion, dealing 150 physical damage plus 50% of your attack damage and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds (1 minute cooldown). 2825 gold :
Note: Only the life steal buff effect of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- grants 5% / 9% / 13% / 17% / 21% life steal for 5 seconds.
- passively grants him Error: Parameter '3' is not accepted. life steal.
- gives him 9% / 12% / 15% / 18% / 21% life steal for 6 seconds.
- grants him 50% / 75% / 100% life steal for 20 seconds.
- grants him 30% life steal for the duration of the ability.
- effectively grants him 10% / 12% / 14% / 16% / 18% life steal while he is in this stance.
- Quintessences of Vampirism grant 1.12% / 1.56% / 2% life steal.
- Life steal stacks additively, and has no cap.
- Life steal will not heal from damage done to towers.
- Life steal will heal from all damage done to minions, monsters, pets and champions.
- Abilities that proc on-hit effects such as and will work with life steal.
- Life steal does not work for abilities that don't proc on-hit effects, nor with proc items like .
- Healing reduction effects like Ignite, and reduce the health restored by life steal. See Healing reduction for more information.
- The maximum achievable life steal is 254.15%, using Vampirism Vampirism at rank 3, three Greater Quintessences of Vampirism, a nearby teammate with , and using rank 3 . equipped with 5 fully-stacked , a ,