Health (commonly known as HP, an abbreviation for Health/Hit Points) is the amount of life a unit or structure has. Max health is the cap on life any unit can have. Current health is directly reduced by damage and is regained in many different ways.
Every unit and structure has their max and current health displayed as a bar above their models. When displayed over a champion's model in game, the health meter is displayed as segmented bars.
Additionally, for your own champion, it is represented in the interface as a green bar with two numbers ( # / # ): the first one represents the actual life available at the moment, while the second is the maximum amount of health the champion can have. If a champion's health reaches zero and he doesn't have any abilities preventing it, death will occur. Max health scales additively with every bonus health point and increases with each level, meaning that each bonus point acquired directly affects the statistic.
At level 18 base health ranges from here for the complete list.1600 health to 2381 health. See
- 1 Effective Health
- 2 Health as a casting resource
- 3 Health as scaling
- 4 Ways to restore health
- 5 Ways to increase maximum health
- 6 List of champions' health
- 7 Trivial
Effective health is considered as the amount of health that a champion has plus 1% per unit of defense as extra health due to damage reduction. In other words, Effective health is the amount of damage the enemy needs to deal to kill the champion.
For example, a champion with 1000 HP and 0 armor and an enemy with auto-attacks that deals 100 damage, then the champion can be killed when 10 auto-attacks. If the champion has 100 armor, the champion prevents 50% of the damage so the enemy deals 50 damage with each auto-attack. Therefore, as each auto-attack deals half damage and the enemy needs to execute double the amount of auto-attacks to deal 1000 damage. So the enemy instead of dealing 1000 damage before reduction to kill the champion has to deal 2000 damage before reduction.
There is effective health for physical damage and for magical damage.
In short the formula is:
- Physical Effective Health = Max Health × (1 + Armor / 100)
- Magical Effective Health = Max Health × (1 + Magic Resist / 100)
What this means, the more armor/magic resist you have, the more health benefits you, and the more health you have, the more armor/magic resist benefits you.
A few champions also use their own health to cast abilities instead of mana:
- costs 40 / 64 / 88 / 112 / 136 health per use
- costs 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 health per attack
These use the champion's personal health pool to increase the magnitude of the ability. It could involve total or extra health. By building health items you can receive more benefit and power from these abilities in most situations.
- receives bonus health regeneration per second equal to 0.3% of his maximum health.
- gains 0.4 / 0.55 / 0.7 / 0.85 / 1 attack damage for every 1% of health he is missing.
- heals 40% / 50% / 60% of his maximum health over 12 seconds.
- regenerates 0.5% of his maximum health per second if he hasn't been damaged by a Monster, Champion or Tower for 9 seconds.
- heals 2% of his maximum health over 4 seconds every time he uses an ability.
- grants him a shield equal to 10% of his maximum health which recharges if he hasn't been damaged for 10 second.
- heals 7% of his maximum health when he attacks with 5 magical sap stacks.
- grants him a shield that blocks for a flat amount plus 10% of his bonus health.
- increases his attack damage by 1% of his maximum health.
- deals 1% / 1.25% / 1.5% / 1.75% / 2% of her maximum health in additional magic damage per second.
- does 10% of his bonus health in additional magic damage.
- heals allied champions that damage a life-tapped enemy by a flat amount plus 1.5% of his maximum health over 3 seconds.
- passively gains 0.15 / 0.2 / 0.25 / 0.3 / 0.35 attack damage for every 1% of health he is missing.
- increases his ability power by 1 for every 40 bonus health points.
- does 15% of his bonus health in additional magic damage.
- heals 30% of his maximum health over 6 seconds if he gets under 30% health.
- does 15% of his bonus health in additional physical damage.
These abilities grant extra damage based on the target's maximum, current or missing health. Typically, the more health the target has (or has missing), the more damage these abilities will deal. Because of this they are more powerful against high-health targets, but their effect against low-health targets should not be ignored. Also note this type of extra damage is always capped against minions and monsters to prevent players dealing massive damage to high health pool monsters like Baron.
- (+1% per 100 AP) of their maximum health per second. harms nearby enemies for a flat magical damage plus 1.5% / 1.8% / 2.1% / 2.4% / 2.7%
- causes his spells to add a debuff to the target dealing 2% of their maximum health each second as magic damage for 4 seconds.
- (+1% per 100 AP) of their maximum health as magic damage impales all enemy champions in the targeted area, dealing 15% / 20% / 25%
- deals a flat amount plus 4% / 5% / 6% / 7% / 8% of target's missing health in magic damage over 3 seconds.
- gives his first attack on a target bonus physical damage equal to Error: Parameter '3' is not accepted. of the target's current health.
- does 8% / 11% / 14% / 17% / 20% of the target's maximum health as bonus magic damage.
- allows him to deal bonus physical damage equal to 12% of the targets missing health to Isloated enemies.
- gives him a temporary buff to his autoattacks dealing 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% / 6% of the target's maximum health as bonus magic damage.
- deals flat physical damage plus 8% of the target's missing health.
- (+1% per 100 AP) of their maximum health per second. harms enemies within an area for 4% / 5% / 6% / 7% / 8%
- deals either a flat amount of magic damage or 15% / 18% / 21% / 23% / 25% of the target's current health as magic damage (whichever is higher).
- (+1% per 100 AP) of nearby enemies maximum health per second for the duration. empowers him for 15 seconds, dealing magic damage equal to 3% / 4% / 5%
- deals a flat amount plus 8% of her target's maximum health as magic damage.
- adds marks after each spell or auto attack on her target. After 3 of these marks, the affected target takes a flat amount plus 4% / 5% / 6% / 7% / 8% of the target's maximum health as true damage.
- (+2% per 100 AP) of the affected target's maximum health per mark. Maximum 3 marks for 6% / 8.25% / 10.5% / 12.75% / 15% (+6% per 100 AP) damage. adds marks through auto attacks which can be detonated via any of his other spells for magic damage equal to 2% / 2.75% / 3.5% / 4.25% / 5%
- deals 1% more damage for every 1% of health the enemy is missing.
- deals flat magic damage or 8% / 10% / 12% / 14% / 16% of the enemy's maximum health (whichever is higher).
- does 15% of current target health as physical damage to all nearby enemies.
- increases your attack damage by 1.5% of your maximum health.
- does an additional 5% of the target's maximum health in magic damage over 3 seconds for every spell (effect halved for AoE and and damage over time).
- does 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions) every autoattack.
- (+5% per 100 ability power) of the target's current health in magic damage upon activation. does 15%
- restores .35% of your maximum health every second.
- does 2.5% of the target's maximum health in magic damage every autoattack.
- does 4% of the target's maximum health in magic damage every autoattack.
- gives 1 attack Damage for every 2.5% health missing.
A champion's health can be restored in several ways:
- Health regeneration
- Using a .
- Returning to the spawning pool, which restores a percentage of your maximum health per second.
- Some max health is granted upon leveling up and with that you regain some current health. Actual health regained is lower depending on how wounded the champion is upon leveling up.
- Slaying a monster that has Healing Sigil ( , and ), will restore health equal to a percentage of their missing health.
- With life steal or spell vamp, dealing damage to enemies with autoattacks or abilities respectively will restore some health.
- The passive effect of and restores 250 health over 8 seconds when leveling up.
- Using a healing ability or spell.
- +270 health, +18 armor, +24 magic resistance. Unique Aura: +12 armor, +15 magic resistance, +8 bonus attack damage to nearby allied champions. 1925 gold. :
- +290 health, +325 mana. Passive: Upon leveling up, restores 250 health 200 mana over 8 seconds. 1325 gold. :
- +120 health+10 armor, +8 health regeneration per 5 seconds. 475 gold. :
- +700 health, +20 attack damage. Unique Passive: Your autoattacks reduce your target's movement speed for 2.5 seconds. 3250 gold. :
- +430 health. 1110 gold. :
- +200 health, +25 ability power. Unique Passive: +20 magic penetration. 1485 gold. :
- +200 health. Unique Passive: Generates 5 gold every 10 seconds. 825 gold. :
- +250 health, +50% attack speed. Unique passive: On every fourth hit, the target and up to three other nearby enemies are dealt 110 magic damage. 2300 gold. :
- +200 health. Unique Passive: 10% cooldown reduction. 850 gold. :
- +300 health, +35 armor. Unique aura: Nearby allied champions gain 15 health regen per 5 seconds. Unique active:Shield yourself and nearby allies for 5 seconds, absorbing up to 50 (+10 per level) damage. 60 second cooldown. 2225 gold. :
- +225 health, +18 attack damage. Passive: 25% chance on hit to reduce your target's movement speed by 30% (20% for ranged) for 2 seconds. 1315 gold. :
- +350 health, +75 armor, +25 health regeneration per 5 seconds. Unique Passive: 5% cooldown reduction and 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speed by 35% for 3 seconds. Unique Active: Slows movement speeds and attack speeds of surrounding units by 35% for 2 seconds + 0.5 seconds for each 100 armor and magic resistance. 60 second cooldown. 3075 gold. :
- +450 health, +525 mana, +60 ability power. Passive: Your champion gains 18 health, 20 mana, and 2 ability power every minute. The bonuses cap at +180 Health, +200 Mana, and +20 Ability Power. Unique Passive: Upon leveling up, restores 250 health and 200 mana to your champion over 8 seconds. 3035 gold. :
- +180 health. 475 gold. :
- +500 health, +80 ability power. Unique Passive: Your spell hits slow the target's movement speed by 35% (15% for multi-target and damage-over-time spells) for 1.5 seconds. 3105 gold. :
- +330 Health, +30 health regeneration per 5 seconds, +15 mana regeneration per 5 seconds. Unique Passive: 15 % cooldown reduction. Unique Active: Nearby champions gain 40% movement speed for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown. 2200 gold. :
- +520 health. Unique Aura: 12 mana regeneration per 5 seconds to nearby ally champions and 10% cooldown reduction. 2285 gold. :
- +250 health, +30 magic resistance. Unique Passive: 10 % cooldown reduction. Increases healing and regeneration on yourself by 15%. 1550 gold. :
- +450 health, +45 armor. Passive: Deals 40 magic damage each second to nearby enemies. 2610 gold. :
- +250 health, +30 attack damage, +30 ability power, +30% attack speed, +15% critical strike chance, +12% movement speed, +250 mana. Unique Passive: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 35% (25% for ranged) for 2.5 seconds. On cast, it will make your next autoattack deal additional physical damage equal to 150% of your base attack damage. 4070 gold. :
- +250 health.Unique aura: Nearby allied champions gain +20% attack speed and +12% life steal. Unique passive: 15% cooldown reduction. 2145 gold. :
- +375 health, +375 mana, +50 magic resistance. UNIQUE Passive: Blocks one negative spell every 45 seconds. 2715 gold. :
- +80 health, +10 attack damage, +3% life steal. 475 gold. :
- +80 health, +5 mana regeneration per 5 seconds, +15 ability power. 475 gold. :
- On use, grants +140-235 health, based on champion level, and 10 attack damage for 4 minutes. 250 gold. :
- +180 health. Unique Passive: 32 health per stack, 2 stacks for each kill and 1 for each assist. Maximum: 20 stacks; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion takes 15% less damage. 1275 gold. :
- +920 health. +30 health regeneration per 5 seconds, Passive: Permanently gain 3.5 health and 0.1 HRp5s per minion kill. Champion kills and assists grant 35 health and 1 HRp5s. Bonuses cap at +350 health, and +10 HRp5s. 3000 gold. :
- +275 health, +70 attack damage. Unique Passive: 25% chance on hit to reduce your target's movement speed by 30% for 2.5 seconds. Unique Active: For 5 seconds, your attacks will reduce your targets' movement speed by 30% and deal 80 true damage over 2.5 seconds. 60 second cooldown. 3565 gold. :
- +300 health, +25 ability power. Unique Passive: 10 % cooldown reduction. Your magic damage grants vision of your target for 4 seconds. Unique Active: Covers an area with stealth detecting mist, granting vision of units which pass through it for 10 seconds. 1 minute cooldown. 1435 gold. :
- Unique Passive: +200 health. +20 attack damage, +5% life steal. 950 gold. :
- Unique Passive: +200 health. +30 ability power, +7 mana regeneration per 5 seconds. 950 gold. :
- +350 health, +350 mana, +50 magic resistance. Unique Passive: Reduces and stores 10% of magic damage dealt to your champion. Unique Active: Deals 200 + (Stored magic damage)(Max: 400) to nearby enemy units. 90 second cooldown. 2715 gold. :
- +300 health, +50 Ability Power, +350 Mana. Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds (effect halved for AoE and and damage over time). 2890 gold :
- +850 Health. Unique Passive: On kill or assist, heal 200 HP over 5 seconds. 2565 gold :
- +350 Health, +40 Attack Damage. Unique Passive: 10% Cooldown Reduction. Unique Passive: 10% Spell Vamp. Unique Passive: +25 Armor Penetration. 2962 gold :
Note: Only the addtional health effect of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- increases his maximum health by 90 / 120 / 150 when it kills a unit. This buff stacks up to 6 times. Cho'Gath loses half his current stacks (rounded up) upon death.
- (+50% AP) for 7 seconds. increases the maximum health of the targeted ally by 300 / 450 / 600
- increases his maximum health by 300 / 450 / 600 for 15 seconds.
- increases his maximum health by 300 / 450 / 600 for 15 seconds.
- increases his maximum health by 1 per 4 mana he has.
- permanently increases his maximum health by 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 whenever he kills a unit if is toggled on.
- increases his maximum health by 220.
- increases his maximum health by 1.4 per 1 point of ability power.
- Durability Durability increases your champion's health by 1.5 / 3 / 4.5 / 6 per level ( 27 / 54 / 81 / 108 bonus health at level 18).
- Veteran's Scars Veteran's Scars increases your champion's health by 30.
- Juggernaut Juggernaut increases your champion's maximum health by 3%.
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
(Health per level)
|Mark||0.30 per level (5.40)||0.42 per level (7.56)||0.54 per level (9.72)|
|Seal||0.60 per level (10.80)||0.84 per level (15.12)||1.08 per level (19.44)|
|Glyph||0.30 per level (5.40)||0.42 per level (7.56)||0.54 per level (9.72)|
|Quintessence||1.5 per level (27.0)||2.1 per level (37.8)||2.7 per level (48.6)|
|Champion Level||Top 5 Champions||Bottom 5 Champions|
|Level 1||1.||(576 hp)||1.||(410 hp)|
|2.||(561 hp)||2.||(420 hp)|
|3.||(559 hp)||3.||(424 hp)|
|4.||(558 hp)||4.||(425 hp)|
|5.||(556 hp)||5.||(429 hp)|
|Level 18||1.||(2381 hp)||1.||(1600 hp)|
|2.||(2278 hp)||2.||(1610 hp)|
|3.||(2275 hp)||3.||(1653 hp)|
|4.||(2227 hp)||4.||(1658 hp)|
|5.||(2225 hp)||5.||(1687 hp)|
Asides from, who may obtain any amount of health due to the passive effect of his , the most health any champion can obtain is 14652, being with:
- 6 stacks
- all HP/level and Percentage HP runes and HP-related masteries
- 6 fully stacked
- ability power possible. active on him from a with maximum
- Revive's health boost.
- After he revives, Cho'gath can only use his feast a maximum of 2 times before the revive buff wears out, since the maximum cooldown reduction he can achieve is not large enough to get back to full stacks within those 2 minutes.