- Lulu was designed by Xypherous.
- Lulu is the first champion to be announced directly through an Art Spotlight.
- Lulu is the first champion to be available for play on the Public Beta Environment before her official release.
- Lulu is voiced by Faye Mata.
- Lulu is the first champion to utilize polymorph.
- During her development, Riot designers commonly referred to Lulu as the "Suppordle".
- While Lulu's main skin is a whimsical fantasy piece, her alternate release skins are both references to recent trends in Dark Fantasy, adding disturbing imagery to her lighthearted kit.
- Casting Help, Pix! on an enemy will place a debuff on the target and the tooltip reads "Hey! Listen!" at the end of it. This is a reference to Navi from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Lulu grabs her hat and flies on her staff when she casts Whimsy on herself.
- Lulu can be s possible reference to Schierke, a young witch-in-training that is accompanied by a little elf from Berserk.
- Her movement quote "Yup, that tasted purple." is likely a reference to Philip Fry's quote from the episode "The Why of Fry" ("Did everything just taste purple for a second?") from the sitcom Futurama.
- In polish client, quote "Po oczach go, Pix, po oczach!" (Go by the eyes, Pix, by the eyes!) is a reference to Baldur's Gate 2 character Minsc who says the same thing to his hamster.
- Dragon Trainer Lulu is most likely a reference to the movie How to Train Your Dragon.
- This skin turns Pix into a small dragon with design reminiscent of dragon designs in "How to Train Your Dragon" franchise.
- Bittersweet Lulu is a possible reference to the German story of Hansel and Gretel.