- Glitterlance has a fairly low mana cost, meaning that you can use it often in lane to harass.
- You can use Help, Pix! on allies, enemies, or minions in order to greatly extend the range on Glitterlance and make an unexpected assault on an enemy champion.
- Always be careful when using Whimsy. The speed boost and bonus AP on Whimsy are both very useful, but using it defensivly may mean that it isn't available to cast when you find that you really need it to disable a high damage enemy such as Talon, or Riven, or to interrupt a channel such as 玛尔扎哈的 Nether Grasp or 费德提克的 Drain.
- Lulu excels at supporting initiation: attach Pix to a tank, then Whimsy them to allow them to move into range of the enemy quickly and fire off a Glitterlance to slow much of the enemy team.
- Using Whimsy at rank five on Lulu will allow her to grant 30 additional health with Wild Growth, deal 30 extra damage with Glitterlance, and add 36 damage or shield strength to Help, Pix!.
- A single rank Whimsy makes Lulu quite mobile, allowing for ganks or wards depending on her build.
- Use Help, Pix! on invisible enemy champions like Teemo or Twitch to keep them revealed.
- Use Help, Pix! on high attack speed allied champions such as Master Yi, Fiora, or Evelynn as they will strongly benefit from the passive.
- Wild Growth has many uses. It can enhance an already disruptive tank with its knockup and slow, make a bruiser virtually impossible to peel off an enemy carry, or even protect a carry of your own. In lane, it can make ganks from champions with a leap or dash ability deadly, or be used to escape enemy ganks. In general, it should be used early and often as its cooldown is far shorter than most ultimates.
- Wild Growth does not grab turret or minion aggro when used on an allied champion, knocking up surrounding enemy champions. Thus it can be safely used within turret range.
- Wild Growth isn't affected by healing reduction because it will increase health, not restore it.
- Wild Growth is especially useful when used in conjunction with Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity Diplomatic Immunity.
- Use Whimsy to help allies escape dangerous situations. Casting Whimsy on them or on the enemy will assist them a lot.
- Lulu's abilities have a good base but scale only moderately well with Ability Power. And since much of her effectiveness comes from enabling and disabling others, Cooldown Reduction will allow you to be more effective then getting straight AP.
- At 40% cooldown, you can constantly keep Help, Pix! on an ally.
- Lulu can easily support other champions from the back, leading her to use aura items.
- helps Lulu sustain herself and her magic using allies.
- Pix, Faerie Companion. gives you and your allies attack speed for
- Help, Pix! and Wild Growth on both you and your allies. will increase the effectiveness of
- helps you and your allies harass much more.
- Even though Pix, Faerie Companion, staying close to enemies is harder than getting close to an ally. would increase the damage from
- Since Pix, Faerie Companion adds a lot of damage per attack, you can build Lulu as an Attack Speed carry much like Teemo, With items like , , , and .
- , and are good items for hybrid attack speed/support.
- Lulu's should get some AP in late game as her ability bases start to slip off at that moment.
- Hybrid AP-support items like , , etc... can be rushed as they are still supportive items
- reduces both her disables, as well as her damage output. Making them an ideal item.
- Lulu does not have a very high natural damage output, so when alone or focused, she'll die quickly without much retaliation.
- She however ,has a much higher damage output than any other support so don't ignore her completly.
- In lane, Lulu will often harass heavily with her Glitterlance. Unlike many piercing skillshots, standing behind minions will not mitigate the damage, so moving erratically can help mitigate damage taken.
- Lulu has no consistent heal, so poking at her or her lane partner will chop down their health or waste Lulu's mana trying to shield them.
- Wait for Lulu to use Whimsy before trying to use any channeled abilities or heading into the fight. This leaves her without the polymorph or speed and ability power buff, and allows your team to fight without disruption. Whimsy has a fairly high cooldown, especially at earlier ranks, meaning you have a good amount of time to fight before Lulu can use it again.
- Lulu is deadly for ganks as a combination of Glitterlance , Whimsy and Wild Growth will leave you in an extremely crippled condition.
- Watch out for Help, Pix! as Glitterlance's second bolt will fire from Pix's position, meaning that Lulu can pick up an unexpected kill on you or a nearby ally if she tags you or a nearby champion/minion with it.
- Despite Lulu being squishy , she is extremely hard to catch , as she will escape with Whimsy , slow you with Glitterlance , prevent some damage with Help, Pix! and if you get too close she will send you flying with Wild Growth
- Try to get Lulu to waste her ultimate without her team initiating. If Lulu uses Wild Growth in conjunction with a great initiating champion such as Malphite or Maokai, your team will be locked up for a few seconds.
- If she does use it, be careful of what you do next.
- While the knock up, health, and slow are disruptive, they don't hurt your team much after the initial knock up, so staying and fighting may be a good option if you can take out the champion before Lulu can shield them or give them the ability power and speed buff from Whimsy.
- If you have to run, beware of the slows from Wild Growth and Glitterlance. If you get slowed by both of them, a polymorph from Whimsy may take you out if Lulu's team is nearby. Also keep in mind that Help, Pix! extends Glitterlance's range, making it a very effective chasing tool if she attaches it to you or a nearby champion/minion.
- Finally, remember that Help, Pix! reveals a tagged enemy champion until Pix leaves, making it impossible to juke through bushes or past corners for the duration of the debuff.
- If she does use it, be careful of what you do next.