- Arctic Assault Arctic Assault can be cast through walls, making this ability a great escape and chasing mechanism.
- When ganking or in smaller fights, try not to initiate with Arctic Assault Arctic Assault if possible. Save it for chasing down an enemy who tries to get away with Flash or other escapes.
- Northern Winds Northern Winds grants you decent damage on a target you are focusing and have applied Frost to.
- Use Permafrost after you land a basic attack or charge in with Arctic Assault Arctic Assault. The slow increase makes it easier for Sejuani and her allies to pick off the enemy.
- Your ultimate Glacial Prison Glacial Prison is your only hard crowd control effect, making its proper usage vital.
- As Glacial Prison Glacial Prison applies Frost to enemies hit in a large area, you can initiate fights by combining it with Arctic Assault Arctic Assault and Permafrost. After your stun enemies will still be nearly immobile, giving your team a few seconds of time in which to crush key targets.
- Remember that Glacial Prison Glacial Prison explodes at the end of its range if it does not collide with an enemy champion. This actually gives it additional range and capabilities if you wish to make use of of it. Sometimes you can purposely avoid hitting a specific champion to hit more targets overall.
- Your Permafrost has a rather impressive 1000 range. Consider waiting for your opponent to use an escape ability before using it (As long as Frost is applied for up to 3 seconds, it can be used from afar). This allows you to close a gap when they least expect it. Your Glacial Prison Glacial Prison can also be used to close the gap, due to it's similar ranged capabilities.
- Building both
and at the same time is not recommended.
- is typically the better choice, with a higher slow and bonus health, however may be taken if you expect the need of another AoE slow source and higher ability power.
- Buying a allows for continuous damage on enemies, used in combination with slows it can rack up a lot of damage over a period of time.
- Much like Leona, building Sejuani as a full AP caster is not ideal due to her low AP ratios.
- Building a Permafrost and Arctic Assault Arctic Assault can greatly slow and shut down the enemy team. on her is recommended, as the it needs is great for the extra gold and combining it with her other skills such as
- The items
, , and could very easily be considered core items for Sejuani.
- health and mana regeneration, CDR and health . This item also builds from a very useful item, the , which is great for passive gold gain. provides one of the most powerful active effects an item can give on top of generous
- provides another extremely powerful active, as well as many of the stats Sejuani needs, and an anti-dps passive on-being-hit. This item is built from a , another very useful early-mid game item.
- CDR, which helps deal with her very long cooldowns, on top of an extremely powerful defensive aura. may be the most important item for Sejuani, as it provides a very large amount of armor and, more importantly,
- Sejuani late game given that her role in team fights is generally to charge straight into the enemy and hamper them with her AoE skills. is also a reasonable item for
- Ultimately, CDR is Sejuani's most important statistic to itemize or build for. Building an early and after GP10 items is arguably Sejuani's best early build. Also consider playing with a team that can allow you to take the second and/or third blue golem. This is ideal for before you gain the CDRrequired to combo your abilities efficiently.
- Your skill order should be Northern Winds Northern Winds, Arctic Assault Arctic Assault, Permafrost, then max Permafrost. After that, max Northern Winds Northern Winds or Arctic Assault Arctic Assault, depending on your preference or your team's needs. Grab Glacial Prison Glacial Prison whenever you can.
- The first point in Northern Winds Northern Winds is necessary to get your jungle started, as it has the highest Area of Effect damage on level 1.
- Grabbing Arctic Assault Arctic Assault second is necessary because it applies Frost in an Area and thereby will increase the Damage coming from Northern Winds Northern Winds.
- To clear a jungle camp, start with Arctic Assault Arctic Assault to apply Frost to all monsters of the camp. Activate Northern Winds Northern Winds after that. Shortly before Frost is about to expire, refresh its duration with Permafrost to get the most damage out of Northern Winds Northern Winds.
- When choosing whether to max Northern Winds Northern Winds or Arctic Assault Arctic Assault second, try to evaluate what you need more. If you need damage, max Northern Winds Northern Winds first. If you want to roam and chase more effectively, max Arctic Assault Arctic Assault.
- Sejuani is very vulnerable when jungling early game -- particularly because her dueling capabilities are not very strong at this point of the game. However, since Sejuani is an extremely powerful champion when farmed for the lategame, consider trying to protect and look out for Sejuani if she is on your team. Try and make sure she can farm the jungle safely and come to her aid if she is caught out.
- Sejuani is an extremely potent ganker once she hits level 4. Refrain from boldly pushing your lane if you believe she's reached this level. Even before level 4, her ganks can still hurt, so always have a ward in place to prevent getting jumped.
- Once she has a few levels going for her Sejuani is a very proficient farmer, so it would be wise to try and stop her from farming too much throughout the game, or she may become extremely difficult to deal with/kill later on.
- Glacial Prison Glacial Prison is a very powerful initiation ability, and if multiple teammates are caught in it, it could prove a difficult recovery. Avoid bunching up while she is near and/or making yourself an easy target.
- Once Sejuani catches you alone, escape is nearly impossible. Avoid invading her jungle if she's made herself difficult to kill and you are unsure of her position. Also, avoid pushing lanes by yourself if you are not certain you can kill her or get away, or of her location.
- Sejuani is extremely weak at dueling other champions in the early game, but will become extremely strong if she doesn't fall behind. Due to being one of the most powerful champions in the lategame, it's important if your team can focus on shutting her down. Try counterjungling and playing safe so she can't gank lanes successfully. Coordinate strategies to keep her behind without farm. Take advantage of her glaring early game weaknesses.