- Getting Exhaust can help deceive your enemies into thinking that you are an easy kill. With low health and max fury, you can easily bait enemy champions into a fight, you can Exhaust them and use Bloodlust to turn the tides of battle.
- Bloodlust can be deceptively powerful early game. At max fury, using Spinning Slash Spinning Slash to enter combat can be a great way to get an early kill without your opponent knowing what hit them.
- Bloodlust is the most important skill for Tryndamere. It gives you both a way to heal yourself, and gives you more attack damage as you lose health. Be sure to max it out early.
- Remember that Mocking Shout Mocking Shout reduces enemy attack damage so it is a good ability in a team fight even if you don't need to slow anyone in particular.
- It can also be used at early levels when laning to decrease the attack damage of enemy champions regardless of their positioning - this can make some of their last hits fail, if well timed.
- If you use Mocking Shout Mocking Shout right after charging in with Spinning Slash Spinning Slash, the enemy will have limited time to avoid getting slowed. However, it is common knowledge that Tryndamere will use Mocking Shout Mocking Shout right after Spinning Slash Spinning Slash so always be ready to vary your tactics.
- Spinning Slash Spinning Slash is an excellent ability for chasing or escaping as this ability can allow you to pass through walls.
- As Spinning Slash Spinning Slash ignores unit collision, it can be used to quickly get to the melee distance of a ranged champion hiding behind their minions.
- When using Undying Rage Undying Rage, make sure you back out before it's too late, especially when there are champions with global range ultimates on the enemy team. Using his ult followed by a Spinning Slash Spinning Slash through a wall is a good way to escape.
- Try to delay the activation of Undying Rage Undying Rage as much as possible, as you can still lose health while it is activated. Delaying it is also a very effective way to cause an enemy champion to overcommit while trying to kill you. It is, however, always better to activate it a moment too early than a moment too late - while both can, in the end, cause you to die, the former lowers the chance that you will get hit by a few large bursts of damage and be dead before you can even react.
- Before Undying Rage's Undying Rage's duration ends, activate Bloodlust to heal back from 1 health. As of the new update however, you gain back a bit of health to either to give you enough time to use lifesteal or Bloodlust without dying.
- The two most viable offensive rune types are armor penetration marks and crit chance marks. Critical strike chance marks boost his early game, allowing more critical strikes and thus more healing with Bloodlust, and armor penetration marks boost his general damage output.
- Tryndamere is a prime target for Exhaust and crowd control, and you can use Cleanse to counter it.
- Cleanse is one of the most important summoner spells for Tryndamere, as experienced players will know to apply crowd control to Tryndamere as much as possible, to shut him down.
- Before playing Tryndamere, players should take into account that he is one of the few manaless champions and instead uses fury as his resource. This will affect rune, mastery, and item choice.
- Another option to remove Exhaust, or any type of crowd control, is buying . It has lower cooldown than Cleanse, but does not give you any lingering resistance after use like Cleanse. If you use it to remove a slow/stun/etc, you can immediately be stunned, slowed, suppressed, etc. again.
- Mocking Shout Mocking Shout can be used to check if an enemy is hiding in brush.
- It is important to note that Mocking Shout Mocking Shout does not need to be used to notice enemy champions hidden in fog of war . The ability will change from grey to active reguardless of whether or not you can see your enemies. This can be very effective when walking through an enemy jungle, alowing you to "see" if an enemy is on the other side of a wall killing monsters.
- A very common build on Tryndamere is to start off with , returning to the base early in order to upgrade to and buy boots.
- The most used items for Tryndamere are and . His mid game is really strong with those, in late game it fades a bit, though.
- Tryndamere's mid-game performance. It gives many different stats, all of them useful to him. greatly enhances
- Lifesteal can be enormously useful with Tryndamere as his hits deal high damage and can restore a great amount of his health each hit. is therefore extremely good with Tryndamere's good farming.
- Getting an early Tryndamere, as attack speed and crit chance will greatly boost his damage output. The movement speed is useful, too. can be very beneficial on
- Tryndamere lifesteal and critical rate boost as well as an active skill that can counter health regeneration champions. is also an item choice as it is relatively cheap and grants
- Tryndamere. It can be either upgraded or sold later. is similar from this point of view, giving lifesteal and active as well. Against a team with no summoner heals, it is a great item for a jungler
- If the team has a lot of damage over time or crowd control spells, it would be a good idea to purchase a and/or .
- Undying Rage Undying Rage easier when fighting AP nukers. It also has a great synergy with Bloodlust and Undying Rage Undying Rage, further increasing damage when on low HP. makes timing of
- Cooldown reduction is useful on Tryndamere, enabling him better chasing with Spinning Slash Spinning Slash and enabling him to use Undying Rage Undying Rage much sooner after a use. Tryndamere can benefit the most from , and .
- Ability power Tryndamere is possible. His heals from Bloodlust are greatly improved and he still deals nice damage by Spinning Slash Spinning Slash . He needs to be played tanky in this case, to make the heals count.
- In this case, his build should include cooldown reduction almost completely, with 8,1% from masteries, he is already at 33%. as first major item. In early game, he still relies on autoattacks and he needs to heal and dash often. It also solves his needs of
- Good AP items are Tryndamere, he only does physical damage. , and . can be nice as well, but its aura doesn't help
- If you play as bruiser/offtank, movement speed bonus. It also gives critical chance and attack speed so he can build rage faster for Bloodlust and lower cooldown of Spinning Slash Spinning Slash by every crit. gives him nice
- You shouldn't be main tank. If you are forced to, build more armor and magic resistance. However, you still need some ability power for heals and doing at least slight damage. , or can be good against mostly physical team, while or helps against magical damage.
- Starting items: , x5 OR OR ,
- Skill progression: Bloodlust→ Spinning Slash Spinning Slash→ Bloodlust→ Mocking Shout Mocking Shout
- Jungling order: Wolves → Blue Golem (Smite) → Wraiths → Red Lizard (Smite) → Gank
- During laning, Tryndamere is vulnerable to ranged harassment. If you can manage to keep him from last hitting, you can deny him his heal along with gold. Just be careful; some Tryndamere players have full Rune pages for crit chance and crit damage, which makes him deceptively strong at low health. Also, be wary, as he can quickly use Spinning Slash Spinning Slash to close the distance and deal damage of his own.
- Although Malzahar's and Warwick's ultimates do not kill Tryndamere or prevent him from activating Undying Rage Undying Rage, suppressing him during his ultimate effectively wastes its duration, and with proper timing you may be able to kill him after his Undying Rage Undying Rage runs out as the suppression does not allow him to escape or heal, while their ultimates will still be doing damage. Both playing and countering Tryndamere is all about timing.
- If you are a tank, are being focussed by or have a lot more health than Tryndamere, can be used quite effectively against him. By having 30% of his damage returned to him he will quite literally be killing himself if he cannot kill you quickly and will most likely be forced to use Undying Rage Undying Rage earlier than he would like to. Getting a or will however be more useful for your team, as they can decrease Tryndamere dps through the attack speed slow.
- Using Ignite after Tryndamere activates his ultimate counters the healing from Bloodlust and might kill him after Undying Rage Undying Rage wears off.
- Hemoplague is an excellent skill to finish off Tryndamere due to the 5 second delay. However, it is not recommended to waste Hemoplague on Tryndamere if he is alone. Using it during a team battle after he uses Undying Rage Undying Rage will almost ensure a kill.
- All of Tryndamere's damage aside from Spinning Slash Spinning Slash is from auto attacks; blind crowd controls such as 黑默丁格的 CH-1 Concussion Grenade or 提莫的 Blinding Dart will negate all of it.
- As a carry, Exhaust is extremely effective for countering him, since his damage comes almost exclusively from autoattacks.
- Tryndamere excels at 1v1 fights. Ensure you are in a good position to give yourself an edge before commiting to the fight. Be careful wheven when at your turret as it may not kill Tryndamere while his Undying Rage Undying Rage is in effect.
- If Tryndamere attempts to turret dive you, run away and juke him until the duration of Undying Rage Undying Rage wears off.
- Using Crowd Control effects such as Stuns, Roots and Blind when Tryndamere uses Undying Rage Undying Rage will help counteract this ability.
- Tryndamere is centered around intimidating opposing players to overcommit to highly disadvantegous situations and make bad choices. In particular, Tryndamere excels at chasing fleeing enemies. Experienced Tryndamere players know this and usually attempt to use his abilities to intimidate an opponent into fleeing; which almost guarantees him an easy kill.