- Warwick was designed by Ezreal.
- Warwick is voiced by Brian Sommer, Who also voices Tryndamere and Willump.
- Warwick's concept is greatly inspired from the folklore surrounding werewolves, humans who have the ability to shapeshift into a wolf-like creatures after being cursed.
- The ability thumbnails for Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst, Infinite Duress Infinite Duress and Blood Scent Blood Scent show Warwick in his Grey skin instead of his Classic skin.
- Warwick's Blood Scent Blood Scent ability is similar to Bloodseeker's ability from Defense of the Ancients and Blood Hunter's ability from Heroes of Newerth.
- Warwick's dance is from Michael Jackson's music video Thriller. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here
- On the Headless Hecarim skin, Warwick's and Rengar's skulls are hanging on his belt.
- Warwick's joke "All the better to eat you with my dear!" is a reference to the fable Little Red Riding Hood.
- Urf the Manatee Warwick is reference to the April Fool's day hero Urf. At the end of April Fool's Day 2010 it was known that Warwick had killed and flayed Urf.
- The skin itself cost 5000 and was reduced by 99% for most of the available time to 50 , until it shifted to 500 . On the last weekend, it cost the actual price before turning unique. Riot Games donated the money to a foundation protecting hunted manatees.
- On the Harrowing version of Summoner's Rift, if Urf's ghost is approached by Warwick wearing the Urf skin, Urf would throw his spatula at Warwick and shake his head.
- in the Urf the Manatee Warwick skin a sand sculpture of a turret can be seen
- Big Bad Warwick is a reference to the Big Bad Wolf from the story Little Red Riding Hood, where the wolf disguises himself as the girl's grandmother.
- Firefang Warwick is a possible reference to the mythical creature Ifrit, which is said to be a fire demon that takes the shape of a giant wolf-like creature.
- Hyena Warwick has a special running animation and a diffrent laugh.
- In the Taiwanese client, Hyena Warwick skin is labelled "Lv11", referencing the bounty quest target "Hogger" from World of Warcraft, the very first elite mob that most alliance players would come across and have trouble with.
- Grey Warwick can only be obtained after getting 50 referrals.
- In an effort to complete a special potion made by Singed to help Warwick increase his capacity to hunt down specimens, he tried to kill Soraka to obtain her heart for the potion.
- Before his lycanthropy, Warwick was a long time friend of the alchemist Singed, finding him many human specimens to experiment with.
- It was Warwick who killed Urf, the Manatee. He occasionally wears Urf's skin on the Fields of Justice.