Jungling and Laning编辑
- Though Warwick's strategy may vary from one to another, he is an excellent jungler and a powerful solo laner.
- Many of the Warwick strategies can be used at any Summoner level and do not require specific runes most of the time. However, without decent runes and masteries, he is quite slow and is bound to lag behind even if it's possible to clear the jungle without dying.
- If you want to jungle well on Warwick it is recommended to use runes giving attack speed to maximize the health regeneration from Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst as well as increasing his speed as well as using armor runes to minimize monster damage, especially at earlier levels.
- Due to the sustain granted by Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst and Hungering Strike Hungering Strike, Warwick can easily remain at full health in the jungle, allowing him to take many jungle routes and making him difficult to counter-jungle.
- Due to Warwick's tendency to almost always build and his high heal-based ability kit, he is well suited for countering tanky champions, especially since a common strategy is for tanky-dps to build Atmog's ( + ) and does damage as a percentage of total health.
- To maximize your ganking pressure you can force them to use their summoner spells such as Flash or Ghost before using your Infinite Duress Infinite Duress.
- Hunters Call Hunters Call can help a lot when pushing a lane since it will increase the attack speed of both you and your allies.
- Turn Blood Scent Blood Scent off to fool weakened enemies into thinking that you are not nearby, but don't forget to turn it on again later.
- Warwick excels at hunting down fleeing or weakened enemy champions after teamfights. At max level, Blood Scent Blood Scent reveals the location of enemy champs with less then 50% health from great distances and gives him a large boost in speed for chasing, it also reveals their locations for all friendly champs, making escapes very difficult while also preventing bush jukes.
- Once Warwick hits level 6, his ganking ability becomes vastly greater as his Infinite Duress Infinite Duress can almost ensure at least one enemy will die in a gank.
- Warwick is also very useful in killing his pursuers. While running, cast Infinite Duress Infinite Duress to regain most of the health you have lost, then spam the rest of your skills. This should shut down your pursuer's hope in killing you.
- Take care when initiating a teamfight with Infinite Duress Infinite Duress, as the enemy team will likely focus you quickly.
- When ganking, try saving Infinite Duress Infinite Duress for later in the fight when enemies are trying to run away. This way you have a higher chance of getting a kill, however it is sometimes better to use Infinite Duress Infinite Duress to suppress your target until your team catches up to them.
- Only initiate the fight when your team can focus down an opponent to ensure they won't escape.
- When choosing a target for Infinite Duress Infinite Duress, be careful of targets who have spell-blocking abilities or , as it will completely negate the suppression on your ultimate.
- Casting Infinite Duress Infinite Duress on the enemy carry is the priority for Warwick in any team fight. The cooldown on the skill is relatively short, so don't be afraid to use it if you think it will grant your team a kill.
- Infinite Duress Infinite Duress is easily disrupted by a stun, knock-up or suppression, so wait for the enemy disables to be used before using this ability.
- Due to the health regeneration from Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst and Hungering Strike Hungering Strike, Warwick excels at 1v1 fights. Use this knowledge to your advantage.
- The attack damage scaling on Infinite Duress Infinite Duress and the ability power scaling on Hungering Strike Hungering Strike make attack damage and ability power items viable on Warwick.
- Any ability power items should offer Warwick some other additionally beneficial statistic because they don't significantly increase his damage.
- Lifesteal, in addition to Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst and Hungering Strike Hungering Strike, can give Warwick a good amount of sustain in a fight, making a good item selection. The armor reduction stacks from can help increase his physical damage, although it does nothing for his magic damage. or .
- The ability power and attack damage and sustain. offers a good mix of
- With Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst, Warwick can benefit from attack speed items.
- His ultimate Infinite Duress Infinite Duress procs all on-hit effects such as , , and five times, and once or twice. Using Infinite Duress Infinite Duress gives it full stacks for , , , deals the fourth strike damage from and will deal 20% of their HP (4% per strike) as magic damage.
- has a great synergy with his ultimate, but due to its high price and as most players choose to build tanky before going for damage, it is recommended that it should be bought as a fourth or maybe fifth item.
- Since Warwick does significant damage by simply autoattacking, purchasing critical strike items like , , or might be good for him. Take note that building critical strike is a slow process, requiring a fair amount of gold while offering no defensive stats, and can leave a melee champion like Warwick very vulnerable. Delaying the purchase of critical strike for survivability is suggested.
- Building some survivability is crucial for Warwick since he has no innate defense mechanisms as a melee champion.
- By building him tankier, Warwick becomes incredibly hard to kill due to high healing while still being able to put out hefty damage on enemies without having to fear sudden death. This will also maximize the effectiveness of any proc items you get by allowing him to stay in the fray for longer.
- A Infinite Duress Infinite Duress on an enemy champion, allowing Warwick to keep the suppression or give them second thoughts. is great when you use
- Warwick's lack of any multiple-target or AoE damage means he may miss out on assists during a team fight. ensures Warwick does some damage to nearby enemies when attacking, allowing for assist credit. Buffing friendly champions with Hunter's Call Hunter's Call will also provide assist credit.
- Getting a Warwick's survivability while he attacks as the healing from his Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst and Hungering Strike Hungering Strike will be increased, giving him an advantage in a 1v1. will greatly increase
- The movement speed slow of a or a , in addition to Warwick's Blood Scent Blood Scent, can easily prevent any enemy's escape.
- Warwick as cooldown reduction works well with Hungering Strike Hungering Strike. is a strong defensive item on
- Cooldown reduction, although not a significant increase to his damage, is helpful because Warwick's abilities have rather long cooldowns.
- Mana regeneration and Ability Power helps sustaining yourself with Hungering Strike Hungering Strike early game. can be a good starting item because the
- Starting items: , x5 OR ,
- Skill progression: Hungering Strike Hungering Strike → Hunters Call Hunters Call → Blood Scent Blood Scent → Hungering Strike Hungering Strike → (optional → recc: Hungering Strike) → Infinite Duress Infinite Duress
- Jungling order: Blue Golem (smite) → Wolves → Wraiths → Red Lizard (smite) → Small Golems → (Fountain / Gank) → Wolves → Wraiths → Small Golems → Wolves → Blue Golem → Wraiths → Red Lizard → (Gank) → Fountain at lv 7 → Dragon (assumes having )
- Note: another set of starting items could be Hunters Call Hunters Call after the 2nd attack in order to gain the most healing efficiency with Eternal Thirst Eternal Thirst. , 2x , . The ward is almost always used to ward your own Blue Golem or Dragon, so if an enemy jungler attempts to take it, you can set up a gank. Alternatively, you can place the ward at enemy Blue/Red to try to gank the enemy champion trying to obtain the buff. Use
- Buying a Warwick to get closer to you in order to use Hungering Strike Hungering Strike to break your shield before using his ultimate. can force
- Infinite Duress Infinite Duress. is also effective for countering
- Once he builds enough attack speed and life steal, Warwick can largely sustain himself simply by attacking, Getting will cause him to take 30% of his dealt attack damage reducing a portion of his sustainability.
- Build magic resist to lower the damage from Hungering Strike Hungering Strike.
- Since his dps come from attack speed and on hit effect items (typically a attack speed debuff: and along with champions like Malphite, Nasus and Gragas or any other tank/offtank with an attack speed debuff such as Ground Slam Ground Slam or Ice Blast Ice Blast. and often ), the counter is
- Getting health regeneration early on can be an effective counter against a laning Warwick, as his harassing is limited to using Hungering Strike Hungering Strike.
- Getting an Ignite will help counter his considerable healing due to their active healing reduction effects. , or
- Before Warwick has a few ranks on Hungering Strike Hungering Strike he can't trade damage well. Use this to your advantage and deny Warwick early on.