- Jayce was designed by FeralPony and Hephastopheles.
- Jayce is voiced by Troy Baker.
- Jayce is the 100th champion for League of Legends.
- After the community indicated that Jayce's lore made Viktor seem "like a Saturday morning cartoon villain", his lore was rewritten to better reflect how Riot viewed their rivalry.
- This makes Jayce the second champion, after Shyvana, to have their lore changed due to community feedback.
- Jayce is the second champion to have his ultimate available at level 1,the first being Karma and the third being Elise; however, unlike Karma, Jayce and Elise can later level up thier ultimate similar to the majority of the champions in the game in order to increase its potency.
- Jayce is one of the four champions who is labelled as both melee and ranged, the others being Kayle, Elise and Nidalee.
- Jayce's dance is a reference to here.
, which is a song by M.C. Hammer. A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Jayce's dance is similar to Malzahar's dance.
- Also, Mercury Cannon - Hammer can be simplified to M.C. Hammer.
- He holds his hammer with both hands in front of him while looking upwards.
- Jayce may also be linked to 'the Apprentice' from the game Orcs Must Die!.
- He has melee and ranged attacks, and look similar, as well both can fire of a blue ball of power.
- In addition, both have the title of defender.
- Jayce's moniker the "Defender of Tomorrow" is a reference to Superman: The Man of Tomorrow.
- Jayce's joke is possibly a reference to Gogeta's actions from Dragon Ball GT, where Gogeta tells Omega Shenron that he will, "Extinguish every single cell in his body," but instead fires confetti to him.
- "Shocking" is likely a reference to Goldfinger
- Jayce shares a quote with Viktor: "Pave the way."
- Jayce's Classic skin is a possible reference to hammerites or mechanists, both from Thief series.
- Jayce's Classic skin bears some similarities to the hero Superman from DC Comics.
- Full Metal Jayce's skin is a reference to the Nintendo game series Metroid as well as Iron Man.
- Full Metal Jayce's voice sounds identical to Viktor. This possibly reflects the important role that Viktor plays in Jayce's lore.
- Jayce views Viktor, the machine-augmented scientist from Zaun, as a dangerous enemy to Piltover.
- Viktor defeated Jayce and stole a powerful arcane crystal to power his creations. Jayce later created the Mercury Hammer and counter assaulted Viktor's laboratory, destroying Viktor's prototype weapons.