- Jayce has a great variety of abilities at his disposal. Judicious use of different combinations grants him excellent flexibility, able to adjust for most situations.
- If you are in your Mercury Hammer Mercury Hammer form and need to quickly relocate, you can use your transform into the Mercury Cannon Mercury Cannon, giving you extra movement speed thanks to your passive and then immediately placing Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate will give you a further significant speed boost.
- Additionally, casting Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate, passing through it and then firing Shock Blast Shock Blast back through it will likely deal considerable damage to your pursuer, forcing him back or allowing you to finish him off with Hyper Charge Hyper Charge and To the Skies! To the Skies! combo.
- Also, when firing Shock Blast Shock Blast through an Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate, the range and damage on the Shock Blast Shock Blast is greatly increased allowing for high poking potential in the laning phase.
- Placing Jayce within the Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate and casting Shock Blast Shock Blast won't tip off the enemy of the exact line you'll be firing on, giving them less time to better react. As well, casting Shock Blast Shock Blast and then placing Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate in its path can allow it to hit an enemy that wrongly assumes they can out-run the ability.
- If you are being poked under your tower, quickly casting To the Skies! To the Skies! on a group of minions will clear them and damage your opponent. While they are slowed, you can use Thundering Blow Thundering Blow to knock them back into tower range for a potential surprise kill.
- Changing forms introduces an entirely new set of abilities that do not share the same cooldown timer with the other set of abilities. Changing forms twice will not cause an ability to go off cooldown any sooner.
- Hyper Charge's Hyper Charge's Attack damage and attack speed boost can affect attacks dealt by the hammer the hammer. Combine this with the magic damage from the switch and the leap from To the Skies! To the Skies! and finish with Thundering Blow Thundering Blow to deal a quick and powerful combo.
- Hyper Charge Hyper Charge can be used to destroy enemy Wards before they dissapear after they are placed.
- Shock Blast's Shock Blast's explosion can reveal the Fog of War and grant vision in brush for a small period.
- Thundering Blow Thundering Blow has the capability to knock enemies over thin walls.
- Lightning Field Lightning Field can be very useful when trying to destroy minion waves and jungle camps.
- When in Hammer Stance Hammer Stance, To the Skies! To the Skies! makes an excellent gap closer, and grants the oppurtunity to unload deadly ability combinations.
- Hextech Capacitor's Hextech Capacitor's ability to ignore unit collision and increased movement speed can allow great positioning for singling out particular enemies, especially when they are attempting an escape.
- When an enemy is escaping, use Transform: Mercury Hammer Transform: Mercury Hammer to switch to Hammer Stance Hammer Stance. Then, with the extra movement speed and the ability to ignore unit collision, move through the enemy until you are located in front of them. Then use Thundering Blow Thundering Blow to knock them back. If they are too far away to catch with the movespeed alone, To the Skies! To the Skies! can be used as a gap closer, slowing them and even further disrupting an attempted escape.
- Most of Jayce's abilities do not interrupt movement or attack animations.
- It is to be kept in mind that 杰斯的Mercury Cannon Mercury Cannon has a much faster attack animation than his Mercury Hammer Mercury Hammer. This makes last hitting minions much easier to accomplish while ranged rather than as melee.
- As Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate will also speed up allies in addition to yourself, casting it immediately in your team's path can help greatly when making a unified retreat or chase attempt.
- Even though Thundering Blow Thundering Blow does not scale off a target's missing health, it can be used as an execute-style ability. Keep your eye on the opponent's health and cast Thundering Blow Thundering Blow when they have reached the same % of their health as it will deal for a safe kill.
- Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate reveals fog of war at either end of the gate, use this to help set up jumps on minion camps in the jungle.
- While in lane if against a melee champion, be sure to continually harass them while in your Mercury Cannon Mercury Cannon form, this will deny their minion kills and help give you more lane control. Doing this will inadvertedly push up your lane so stay at a distance once you've pushed up to a tower in order to allow for an easy escape from a gank.
- If you know your enemy laner is not present, switch to your Mercury Hammer Mercury Hammer and restore mana.
- Jayce can successfully be built as an AD carry or tanky AD caster depending on his team's needs. The AD caster build largely focuses on his Mercury Hammer Mercury Hammer and his carry build revolves around use of his Mercury Cannon Mercury Cannon, though both builds make use of both stances.
- Playing and building around Mercury Hammer Mercury Hammer is generally easier of the two as the transition from ranged to melee is a easier and less-risky one for a champion that has built significant durability items, while a transition from melee to ranged is obviously beneficial for chasing down targets or kiting enemies - and without durability items, one is unlikely to live long enough to allow a good transition from melee to ranged.
- Jayce synergizes extremely well with movement speed items due to his many position-dependant abilities. Consider taking items and spells such as , and Ghost.
- Jayce regardless of his build, as he benefits at least moderately from all the stats it provides. He can proc its passive effects regularly as he will be making repeated use of his spells and autoattacks in combat.
is an extremely useful item for
- Building an early Jayce into a deadly pusher; his Lightning Field Lightning Field and Shock Blast Shock Blast make farming minion waves exceptionally easy and the procs from his Transform: Mercury Hammer Transform: Mercury Hammer and Hyper Charge Hyper Charge will do heavy damage to turrets. transforms
- Stacking attack speed on Jayce can be largely redundant as he already has a powerful attack speed steroid in the form of his Hyper Charge Hyper Charge. Focusing instead on attack damage items can be more beneficial on him.
- Because of the passive mana recovery on his Lightning Field Lightning Field, Jayce is more restricted by his health than by his mana in the laning phase. Building some early health regeneration or life steal with items such as a or can allow Jayce to stay in a lane for a very long time, provided you can afford to push the lane by hitting creeps.
- Offensively, most of Jayce's damage is on the physical side, making armor penetration items such as and very effective on him.
- Jayce's exceptional chasing abilities by slowing the opponent and making it extremely difficult to escape from him. It also grants a large amount of health, letting him stay in a fight for much longer. combines well with
- Cooldown reduction can be a useful stat to itemize for on Jayce because of the utility his spells afford him.
- The active effect of Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate gives, allowing Jayce and his team to relocate extremely rapidly in an emergency. It also builds out of , an item which will largely solve any sustain problems in the early game, and , granting much-needed cooldown reduction and health. stacks well with the team-wide movement speed boost his
- Once he has obtained at least 17% cooldown reduction, Jayce is capable of permanently maintaining all eight stacks of outside of combat, as his Transform: Mercury Hammer Transform: Mercury Hammer and Transform: Mercury Cannon Transform: Mercury Cannon are both free to cast.
- Against a magic damage-heavy team, Jayce can opt to use either a or as sources of AD-focused magic resistance. A arguably benefits him more because of Hyper Charge's Hyper Charge's attack speed steroid and superior attack damage scaling, but by the same token Hyper Charge Hyper Charge can also let him very quickly build the passive stacks on and offers higher magic resistance.
- Jayce when using Hyper Charge Hyper Charge at max rank, as the enhanced attacks can critically strike. With an critical hits will deal 250% of his damage, and with a max ranked Hyper Charge Hyper Charge, the enhanced attacks stack with critical strikes multiplicatively. This can ultimately result in up to three critical hits doing 325% damage. is an extremely powerful item on
- Jayce is highly vulnerable to ranged harass in lane due to his short autoattack range of 500 in cannon form cannon form, and most ranged attackers can reliably hit him without fear of return fire and Jayce cannot benefit from the mana-gain-per-hit passive of Lightning Field Lightning Field without taking ranged harass should he run out of mana while in cannon form cannon form. Consider good poking top laners such as Kayle or Kennen to take advantage of this.
- Although his poke in the form of Shock Blast Shock Blast is highly damaging, the projectile from this ability is slow and relatively easy to dodge. He can enhance the attack using his Acceleration Gate Acceleration Gate, but this makes his attack telegraphed, and lets you possibly enact countermeasures to it. You can also simply remain behind minions to block the shots. However, an accelerated Shock Blast Shock Blast has an AoE effect that can damage you through a line of minions.
- Despite his good mobility, Jayce only has one hard gap closer in the form of To the Skies! To the Skies!. Strong slows like 内瑟斯的 Wither can enormously reduce his effectiveness in combat.
- Most of Jayce's damage is physical. Buying early armor can help in mitigating his damage.
- Stacking health against Jayce is less effective as his Thundering Blow Thundering Blow deals a large amount of magic damage based on your maximum health.
- When on the run from Jayce and his team, you can attempt unusual juking maneuvers in order to mess up his attempts to use Thundering Blow Thundering Blow to knock you back towards his team.
- You may need different strategies to deal with Jayce depending on how he is playing.
- Jayce's ability to disrupt a team as a bruiser relies on the abilities of his Transform: Mercury Hammer Transform: Mercury Hammer and he must be in close range to do this. Knockback abilities like 崔丝塔娜的 Buster Shot and 阿利斯塔的 Headbutt can quickly remove the threat he poses from a teamfight.
- Carry Jayce can put out considerable damage with his abilities in Transform: Mercury Cannon Transform: Mercury Cannon form, but the short range on his autoattacks means he must remain close to the front of a battle to make the most of his kit. This means he is highly vulnerable to attack from tanky champions such as Irelia or assassins like Akali. Even better, pulls such as 布里茨的Rocket Grab Rocket Grab and 诺提勒斯的 Dredge Line when pulled off can yank him into range of your entire team and quickly burst him down before he can dish out significant damage.
- Jayce can use To the Skies! To the Skies! to cross walls and provide a surprise attack. Both denying him vision of key bushes by destroying any wards placed there and warding yourself to keep track of his movements will prevent him from abusing this.
- Since Jayce is not very sustainable, champions such as 20px Cho'Gath, AD Nidalee, and 20px Dr. Mundo would be able to out-sustain Jayce if they keep sucessfully harassing him. Building items such as , and starting with a and 5 can help out-sustain Jayce.