- 易的 Double Strike is similar to 凯特琳的 Headshot. It is very useful when farming minions. Gathering stacks on it by attacking minions, then attacking the enemy on the seventh strike is an effective harassment method.
- Alpha Strike's multiple-target component has a deceptively long range. You can target minions near an enemy champion to harass them.
- Alpha Strike can also be used defensively. Since it includes a dash function, you can dodge skillshots. Also, Master Yi is untargetable during the teleport, so Alpha Strike can be used to dodge AoE nukes such as 努努的Absolute Zero Absolute Zero if timed properly.
- If you're in a lane against ranged players, leveling up Meditate can allow you to stay in the lane longer and gain levels faster than the opponents.
- Use Meditate if you are being focused on, as the bonus armor and magic resistance greatly reduces your damage taken.
- When you are being chased, hiding in a brush and channeling Meditate can give you the upper hand against the enemies. However, do not do this if they can still defeat you after the Meditate.
- Be aware that Blinds can effectively cut almost all of Master Yi's damage if not using an ability power build.
- When playing ability power Master Yi, remember that Highlander refreshes all your cooldowns on a kill. Try to cast Alpha Strike so it will result in a kill. This may seem like kill stealing but it will greatly increase the damage the other team will take.
- Highlander can be used as an effective escape tool, especially with Ghost used at the same time. it is also incredibly great at chasing enemies because you cannot be slowed and gain a movement speed boost.
- Triggering Wuju Style and Highlander when combined with various melee increases makes Master Yi a high damage dealer, if for short periods. It's especially effective in destroying towers.
- Wuju Style combined with Alpha Strike are very strong for last hitting minions.
- Master Yi is one of the best backdoorers, Activating Highlander and Wuju Style then attacking a turret can take it down very fast.
- Master Yi can build several ways. With the proper items and runes, he can be built as a burst mage, or he can build and to be a tanky DPS.
- armor, health, and health regeneration. , as with most champions, helps in laning because of the
- Because Master Yi is very fragile, critical strike and items can help him deal a lot of burst damage in and life steal helps him stay alive as long as he's doing damage.
- Attack speed items like , , and can greatly increase his DPS with Double Strike. It is important to keep in mind Highlander's attack speed bonus; it's not hard to accidentally cap out his attack speed.
- Combining attack damage and attack speed items are effective in increasing Master Yi's DPS.
- Cooldown reduction items are great to increase his overall use of abilities, which in general have fairly long cooldowns.
- Using Highlander and the active effect of at the same time is very effective in many situations since both of these have great attack speed and movement speed bonus. Rushing at level 1 by starting with a and leveling Wuju Style allows for effective last hitting and a high damage output. That gives you 15 bonus damage, or with Wuju Style, 30 bonus damage early game.
- Generally, items that provide bonuses on attacking or subsequent attacking are more useful on Master Yi than on other heroes due to Double Strike and his high attack speed.
- Since Master Yi is an effective DPS/Pusher, it is useful to build him with damage and attack speed runes. Life steal can also be useful with increased damage and attack speed, but is not necessary.
- Master Yi is extremely vulnerable to crowd control abilities, especially blind and snare, so players are recommended Cleanse as a summoner spell to counteract these effects.
- A full ability power-based Master Yi can work well. Alpha Strike becomes a fairly strong AoE nuke, and is refreshed instantly if a kill is scored while Highlander is active. Meditate also heals far more, often making Master Yi unkillable while meditating, and allows him to tank turrets for his team (of course, any hard crowd control effect will break it).
- A hybrid ability power-based Master Yi can yield good results with items such as or , especially if your enemies have high armor.
- Master Yi, as after level 6, and even before he is able to rip through most casters with ease, creating a powerful snowball effect. works exceptionally well with
- Due to 易的 Alpha Strike chance to hit monsters for extra damage, Master Yi can jungle very well even though he doesn't have natural sustain besides Meditate in the jungle. His ganks can be very powerful if your team mate lands CC on the enemy.
- Starting items: , × 5 OR
- Skill progression: Alpha Strike → Wuju Style → Alpha Strike → Wuju Style → Alpha Strike → Highlander
- Jungling order: 20px Blue golem ( Smite) → 20px Wolves → 20px Wraiths → 20px Red Lizard ( Smite) → 20px Small Golems → Gank
- Alternate order: 20px Wolves → 20px Blue golem ( Smite) → 20px Wraiths → 20px Red Lizard ( Smite) → Gank
- Master Yi's strength is his biggest weakness. His main damage output is his auto-attacks. Therefore, buying a or will help you defend yourself.
- When Yi uses Meditate, it is better to use a form of crowd control (especially silence or knockup, as these interrupt him) than attempting to deal damage.
- Using Exhaust on Master Yi can cripple his damage output, even during Highlander.
- Slow is ineffective when Master Yi uses Highlander.
- Master Yi excels at backdooring. Keep this in mind and be particularly aware of your mini-map.
- You can use Ignite on Master Yi during Meditate to reduce his healing by half but it will not stop him from channeling the spell.
- When Master Yi is laning AP mid, he relies on Meditate, thus making champions that can apply Grievous Wounds / healing reduction strong counterpicks (such as Fizz).
- This also makes building viable for countering, giving both AP and the active effect of Grievous Wounds.
- Remember that 易的 Wuju Style only gives him the bonus when the spell is not on cooldown, making Master Yi weaker when Wuju Style is on cooldown.