- attack damage casters, who prefer the cooldown reduction to attack speed and don't tend to get as much cooldown reduction from their other items as mages (who, for this reason, tend to buy instead). are a favored choice on
- Many supports also pick up these boots, as their utility to their team tends to come in a large part from their abilities.
- Mages can also pick those boots instead of , but they have to buy other magic penetration items such as to compensate.
- When picking Ionian Boots of Lucidity, keep in mind that sometimes it may be better to buy other boots, such as defensive stats may be sometimes more useful than the extra cooldown reduction, or you have other ways to reach the cooldown reduction cap. or , as the
|Summoner spell CDR|
|Base cooldown ▶||420s
( Clarity Heal Teleport)
( Cleanse Exhaust Ghost)
( Barrier Ignite)
|▼ Cooldown reduction|
- Featured in the Journal of Justice (Issue 12: Victory for Ionia).
- On June 12th, 2020, the Preseason 2021 Gameplay Plans revealed a 30px redrawn version of the item icon.