- The long range of Lux's abilities allow her to zone and generally counter short-ranged champions.
- If you hit an enemy with Light Binding Light Binding, throw a Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity but do not detonate it until you land an autoattack. This will allow you to ignite two Illumination charges for extra damage.
- Lux can be deceptively durable using Prismatic Barrier Prismatic Barrier. This allows her to stay alive in team fights much longer than expected.
- Use Prismatic Barrier Prismatic Barrier in teamfights, granting your entire team a strong absorption shield.
- On cast, Prismatic Barrier Prismatic Barrier will instantly cast the shield on you, and when the rod returns it resets the shield on yourself. When running, cast Prismatic Barrier Prismatic Barrier in the direction you are running. This way, you will be shielded twice, faster.
- Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity provides sight. Use it to check bushes or gank spots before approaching to prevent an unnecessary death.
- Use Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity then auto attack , then while your auto attack is in the air detonate the spell. That way you can get the Illumination passive to detonate right after.
- The combination of the long range slow of Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity and Final Spark Final Spark can decimate fleeing enemies.
- Using Final Spark Final Spark to hit enemies who are attempting to 20px Dragon or Baron Nashor may allow you to scare them or even kill steal the Dragon kill or the Baron buff. Similarly, it can be used to finish off the monster when your team is attempting the kill.
- If Lux is used on the map Twisted Treeline, her ability Final Spark Final Spark from the middle brush can target enemies at the tower. This gives Lux and her team an advantage in lane control.
- Final Spark Final Spark is not completely global. It still has a huge range but it is not infinite.
- It is advised for Lux not to get into a close-up fight, as her low movement speed, long cooldowns, and relative fragility will work against her. Stay behind your teammates and spam spells into fights from afar to stay out of harm's way.
- Lux benefits from cooldown reduction more than most champions, as her spells are on a longer cooldown than most caster champions. Try obtaining the Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem buff to use Final Spark Final Spark as an effective poke ability.
- Having a strong map control or Clairvoyance is an effective way to see enemies in the fog of war, allowing for well placed/timed Final Spark Final Spark on low health enemies or epic monsters.
- Final Spark Final Spark is great for clearing large amounts of creeps in a lane, and harassment in lategame due to its relatively short cooldown.
- The damage of her ultimate Final Spark Final Spark extends slightly past the targeting icon, but enemies will likely dodge it if they are at the very edge.
- Consider using Final Spark Final Spark at the beginning of a team fight to weaken the enemy team and give your team a big advantage. If the team fight lasts long enough, then you might be able to use it again to finish off foes running away.
- The most common damage dealing combo that Lux can use is (Light Binding Light Binding > auto attack > Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity > Final Spark Final Spark > autoattack)
- Due to the fix on her Final Spark Final Spark, the auto attack after the Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity is no longer necessary, Final Spark Final Spark now procs the Illumination debuff and refreshes it.
- Because of this, the most damaging combo now is (Light Binding Light Binding > Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity (cast) > Final Spark Final Spark > autoattack > Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity (detonate) »» autoattack.
- Lux can easily punish enemies who overextend or chase her down by kiting as it's easy to have them go through your Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity especially in the jungle, will make it easy for you to use Light Binding Light Binding and your Final Spark Final Spark right after for damage which will either scare them off, finish them, or burst down their hp enough for your team to finish them.
- It is not recommended to use attack speed items such as Illumination is not affected by ability power and its damage diminishes late game. and , as
- Lux has prime lane control, making a Lux enough health and mana. This can later be built into a , granting a fair amount of Ability Power while giving Lux a good health pool should she be focused. The mana granted is also useful to stay in fights longer. very useful to ensure dominance giving
- As Lux can stay relatively far away from a teamfight, AP should take priority over survivability. is the most efficient way of doing this, making all her spells much more potent.
- Since Lux's spell have long cooldowns, cooldown reduction is crucial to her utility/damage.
- Purchasing an early / can grant you more damage and cooldown reduction, but delays the final build.
- Strong CDR choices include and .
- Since 拉克丝的Final Spark Final Spark, has a relatively low cooldown and long range, it is best to stack up on AP and cooldown reduction to make it more potent and effective in weakening enemy champions before or during a team fight. Final Spark Final Spark can also finish off enemy champions on low health that are retreating.
- Building will grant Lux a fair amount of mana and ability power, allowing her to spam her abilities.
- Since Lux generally stays behind her team in team fights and she can survive random chases due to her crowd control abilities, you can get AP and an edge over the opposing team. and manage to keep your stacks high, giving you a fairly high amount of
- All of Lux's spells are skillshots, so move erratically to avoid her spells.
- When fleeing with low health, do not move in a straight line, in order to avoid her Final Spark Final Spark.
- Final Spark Final Spark has a red indicator that indicates where the ability is cast, even in fog of war. Use this to your advantage.
- Even though Final Spark Final Spark has a long but limited range, the spell animation is nearly instant, unlike 伊泽瑞尔的 Trueshot Barrage.
- Be careful when you have the Illumination debuff on while Lux fires Final Spark Final Spark as you will receive both the damage proc from the Illumination and the laser itself.
- Move away from Lux until the Illumination debuff wears off to reduce the damage you will take.
- Do not run in a straight line when running away from or chasing Lux. It is best to sidestep to avoid her Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity or Light Binding Light Binding.
- Prismatic Barrier Prismatic Barrier does not do any damage, thus you do not need to dodge it. However, be ready to dodge Lux's other skills.
- Due to the small and narrow paths in the jungle, Lux's spells become more than likely to land, enabling her to fully use her combo, which can devestate any carries or squishies.
- This also becomes a problem / advantage in team fights that occur in these areas. Lux can easily deal massive damage to enemies who stand in a line.
- Lux's Prismatic Barrier Prismatic Barrier is also more than likely to hit, shielding all her allies which will cause a large problem / advantage, preventing a large amount of DPS dealt to her team.
- Lux is generally countered by champions that can survive her burst and chase her/close the distance, such as Wukong.