- Draven was designed by Volty.
- Draven is voiced by Erik Braa, Who also voices Jax.
- In Old English, Draven's name means "Hunter".
- Draven's dance is the fire dance.
- It is also the first dance to have the champion talk while dancing.
- Draven's name and overall aesthetics is a possible reference to Kraven, the Hunter, from the Spiderman comics.
- Draven also has a striking resemblance to action star Danny Trejo and his character Machete, specially his face.
- In his Champion Spotlight, Draven was not played by "Phreak" like the other champion spotlights.
- When Draven recalls or teleports, he strikes a pose identical to Usain Bolt's signature pose.
- When Draven strikes his recall pose, he points toward his respective summoner's platform or towards where he is teleporting.
- Draven's backstory is possibly a combination of two famous executioners: Souflikar, a Turkish executioner who would challenge his victims to a race, and Richard Brandon, an English executioner who excited the crowd by killing his victims in a single blow.
- Draven can catch the enemy team's Draven's spinning axe and gain the buff.
- Draven's death animation is similar to Liquid Ocelot's death at the end of the final boss fight in Metal Gear Solid 4.
- Draven is the first champion to have a special quote when using Recall or Teleport.
- Draven is the only champion with a quote and effect made to specifically interact with himself. He emits a quote when he catches another Draven's axe.
- His quote "Welcome to the League of Draven" has become a meme, in which people photoshop Draven's face onto other champions.
- The name of Soul Reaver Draven is possibly a reference to the game Soul Reaver, from the Legacy of Kain series.
- The Soul Reaver skin bears a striking resemblance to the Turian Race from the Mass Effect series when seen ingame, especially the reaper converted Marauders.
- Draven is Darius' younger brother. The two together are known as "The Blood Brothers".