- Vladimir was designed by Ezreal (person).
- Vladimir is voiced by Kevin M. Conolly.
- Vladimir's name is inspired from Vlad the Impaler, the 15th century Romanian King that later inspired Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- It should be noted that Vladimir is a Slavic name, as Vlad comes from "Vláda" meaning "Reign", while "Mir" meaning both "World" and "Peace". So Vladimir's full name means either "reign of peace" or, more likely, "reign over the world".
- Vladimir was the second champion released in Season One, 20px Xin Zhao being the first.
- Vladimir was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. He was one of the selected champions.
- According to Vladimir himself in the Journal of Justice, he does not directly drink blood, instead directly draining the life force out of his victims.
- Many of his lines are plays on popular lines meant to reflect his vampiric attributes, such as "The clot thickens." instead of "The plot thickens."
- Vladimir's joke is a pun on his blood type.
- Blood Lord Vladimir's quote "Kneel before Vlad." is a reference to General Zod, a prominent villain from the Superman comics.
- His quote "I am lord and master" is a reference to Foamy The Squirrel from the Neurotically Yours web-series.
- Count Vladimir is in reference to Count Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- Marquis Vladimir is in reference to Lestat de Lioncourt, the vampire from Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles.
- Nosferatu Vladimir is in a reference to the 1922 movie Nosferatu, the very first vampire motion picture ever made.
- Vandal Vladimir's Chinese Splash Art shows both Brand and Gragas on the other motorcycles behind him. In the American splash art, both Gragas and Brand are obscured, keeping them previously anonymous.
- Blood Lord Vladimir is the second non-comical legendary skin, the first one belonging to Tryndamere.
- Blood Lord Vladimir is voiced by Gavin Hammon who also voices Varus