- Rocket Grab Rocket Grab is Blitzcrank's signature skill, with immense utility when used well.
- Rocket Grab Rocket Grab has a distinctive cast sound; try casting it out of enemy sight to avoid them hearing it.
- Aim your shots from unexpected angles to increase their chances of landing, such as through an enemy minion about to die.
- Blitzcrank can allow your team to invade the enemy jungle at the start of the match due to the threat you pose with Rocket Grab Rocket Grab.
- Avoid hitting certain champions that would benefit from getting pulled into your team as a free initiation, such as Amumu or Galio.
- At level 2, Rocket Grab Rocket Grab and Power Fist Power Fist's crowd control can easily help your lane get kills. You can also use this combination to punish enemies who towerdive.
- Mana Barrier Mana Barrier can be a great source of survivability if itemized for, and its low cooldown ensures it is almost always up for skirmishes.
- With 40% cooldown reduction, Overdrive will remain on a 1 second cooldown when the ability's duration ends.
- Use Overdrive to get Blitzcrank on top of priority targets to lock them down with Power Fist Power Fist.
- Static Field Static Field's passive damage is deceptively high over the course of a fight, so try to not use the active until necessary.
- Blitzcrank players will generally want to max their Overdrive and Power Fist Power Fist as priorities; Rocket Grab Rocket Grab does its job at rank 1 by pulling enemies into Blitzcrank's melee range, where his other two basic abilities make him very difficult to escape.
- If your team has long-range crowd control such as 莫甘娜的 Dark Binding, it can sometimes pay off to put points into Rocket Grab Rocket Grab to greatly increase the damage, as well as a much-desired cooldown decrease.
- As support you will want to either max Rocket Grab Rocket Grab or Overdrive first. Rocket Grab Rocket Grab should be maxed for shorter cooldowns and higher damage, and Overdrive should be maxed if you need to move faster. Maxing Overdrive first means you can skip boots early, and go for your GP/10 items faster. Maxing Power Fist Power Fist on support Blitzcrank is almost useless, since you won't build AD, and it only shortens the cooldown.
- When playing support Blitzcrank against a squishy botlane or a botlane with low CC, you can walk up to the enemy AD carry or support instead of initiating with Rocket Grab Rocket Grab. This can be done by activating Overdrive and using Power Fist Power Fist when you are in range of your target. Then when your target tries to escape, use Rocket Grab Rocket Grab to pull the target back in. This is almost always a secure kill, or atleast a force of the enemy's summoner spells. When you do this, make sure your AD carry follows up. If your AD carry doesn't go in with you, you will most likely lose the trade and maybe even die.
- Stacking mana with items like and will increase the effectiveness of his Mana Barrier Mana Barrier.
- Blitzcrank can be effective at tank, DPS, and support roles. A tank should get items that give mana and survivability, a DPS should get and (and later a ), and a support should get cooldown reduction to put out as much crowd control as possible.
- Blitzcrank extremely well. It increases his attack damage, and the potential 1350 mana increases the effectiveness of Mana Barrier Mana Barrier. This item is universal in nearly every Blitzcrank build.
- Alternatively, can be replaced with and on an AP/Tank hybrid with other AP + HP items such as and .
- Blitzcrank's standard combo, as well as increase the strength of his Power Fist Power Fist and Mana Barrier Mana Barrier. , and later can greatly increase the damage output of
- Blitzcrank, as they provide mana for your and Mana Barrier Mana Barrier. This gives increased survivability (from the armor, magic resistance, and synergy with Mana Barrier Mana Barrier), decent amounts of attack damage, and helpful cooldown reduction. and are great items for a Tanky-Support
- Since Blitzcrank has trouble farming for gold, can be used as a cheap and effective way to increase his survivability and usefulness to his team, especially if he's being built as a tanky-support role.
- As Rocket Grab Rocket Grab has a high mana cost early on, it can be beneficial to start with a into and later .
- Staying behind minions is a great way to protect yourself against 布里茨的Rocket Grab Rocket Grab during the laning phase.
- Be wary of Blitzcrank's location when he is in the bushes. He will more than likely try to initiate with Rocket Grab Rocket Grab.
- Grabbing a ward for vision in the brush counters this tactic well.
- When fighting a support Blitzcrank, his damage will be much lower than his allied AD carry. Don't be afraid to force a fight if he has used Rocket Grab Rocket Grab and/or Power Fist Power Fist recently.
- Be careful not to overcommit when attacking Blitzcrank. He will gain shield through his Mana Barrier Mana Barrier when his health gets low. This can either result in Blitzcrank managing to escape from or kill you.
- Save your channeled spells as Static Field Static Field will briefly silence you and end your channeled spell.
- Beware of Blitzcrank trying to bait you. Be sure you know his Mana Barrier Mana Barrier is not up before you chase him down.
- Champions that can poke well without putting themselves in much danger, such as Varus or Caitlyn are able to harass while being considerably safer from Rocket Grab Rocket Grab than others.
- When Blitzcrank goes for an unexpected grab, usually his allies are close by. Use this to your advantage and have teammates purposefully get pulled and have teamates follow the innitiate as usually the enemies swarm the person getting grabed.