- Brand was designed by Coronach.
- Brand is the Danish, Dutch, German and Swedish word for "blaze/fire", "burning" and "burned".
- Brand is the second champion to be based around a fire theme, the first being .
- Brand's ability,
has a similar in-game animation to auto-attack.
- Brand's auto-attacks also have the same animation as auto-attacks, though changed in color from purple to orange.
- Considering Lokfar's similarities to stereotypical vikings and Norsemen of the past (Surtr of Norse mythology. His appearance follows a common description of the character (blackened skin with lava crackling underneath), and Brand claims he is destined to renew the world by burning it, which is Surtr's role in Ragnarök. ), Brand may have been inspired by the fire giant
- Brand could also have been inspired by Ignus of Planescape: Torment, due to both of them being mages basked in flames, burning their enemies, and having lost their humanity to become what they are now.
- is most likely a reference to Vaan's Quickening of the same name in Final Fantasy XII.
- The body that Brand is currently occupying once belonged to Kegan Rodhe, a seafaring marauder.
- This concept of possession may be in reference to human branding, a process in which a mark is seared into the skin of a living person, with the intention that the resulting scar will make the mark permanent. This was used as a method to impose ownership over an oppressed person.
- Brand's line "Some say this world will end in fire" is a reference to the poem Fire and Ice by Robert Frost.
- Brand's joke "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" was once used by before her current voice.
- Zombie Brands line "everyday im shambling" is a reference to LMFAO Party rock anthem qoute "everyday im shuffling".
- The original name of the Vandal Brand skin was Biker Brand as seen in his art spotlight.
- This skin seems inspired by Ghost Rider , a hero from Marvel Comics.
- An icon of can be seen on the Keg Tap Handle behind the bar in Brand's Vandal artwork, along with the words "Graggy Ice" scratched into the cask.
- Apocalyptic Brand could be a reference to the Fallout saga, a series of video games with a post-apocalyptic background.
- Cryocore Brand strongly resembles Mr. Freeze from the Batman franchise.
- This skin changes Brand's particles to a blue color, representing ice in place of his normal fire.
- Zombie Brand is his 1st legendary skin. It changes his particles to a greener hue and changes his animations and voice to that of a more traditional zombie.