- When consumed, is gold efficient without its passive effect.
- "Going in combat by affecting an enemy champion" refers to anything that would put you in combat by dealing damage. This includes effects that deal 0 damage (e.g , placing ).
- Elixirs are automatically applied when purchased (even while dead) if there are already 6 items in the inventory.
- Elixirs applied in this fashion while dead will perpetually reset their buff duration until the player respawns, and thus last for their normal duration afterwards.
- Only one Elixir effect may be active at a time. Activating a new elixir will remove the previous buff.
- It is best used by casters or other champions that scale with ability power, as other champions will probably benefit from other elixirs.
- Sorcery has a great synergy with when attacking towers. Any champion that could benefit from this item can utilize this elixir in pushing towers. Nashor's Tooth will not give bonus on hit damage to towers, unlike .
- Elixirs are often bought towards the end of long games when builds are all completed and the extra gold continues to accumulate. They can also be bought mid game to give a temporary stat advantage during ganks and teamfights. is also beneficial for split/tower pushing, any time.
- Sorcery has synergy with unique passive—albeit with a cooldown against champions—potentially making it a superior offensive option over an Elixir of Wrath for some tanks.