- Because of Berserker Rage's Berserker Rage's effect and Undertow, Olaf is one of the fastest junglers in the league. Undertow allows him to gank effectively, and the combination of Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes and Berserker Rage Berserker Rage let him both sustain his health throughout the early game and effectively take on and defeat most other junglers.
- Undertow is a versatile ability and offers many different utilities to Olaf:
- It is a very useful ability for chasing because of its own cooldown reduction (if you can pick it up while chasing). Throwing your axe where you are likely to chase your opponent lets you refresh its cooldown much quicker and increases its slow uptime.
- It is an effective harassment ability. While many skillshots are consumed upon hitting the first target, Undertow will travel straight through all enemies it hits. At early levels, however, recklessly spamming it will quickly deplete your mana.
- It will remove the fog of war in a large area around where it is thrown for a very brief duration, making it useful for checking bushes.
- Although Olaf's sustained damage output isn't very powerful during early game, his burst is surprisingly strong as his Reckless Swing Reckless Swing deals a significant amount of true damage which cannot be mitigated by any means. With a few ranks invested in the ability it can devastate the health of most squishier champions during mid game.
- If you have not invested in significant HP as you level it, it can also fairly quickly devastate the health of Olaf himself if you are not careful with its usage. By this token, it can often be unwise to spam this during a 1v1, as he can potentially wind up helping to kill himself.
- Olaf can combine Berserker Rage Berserker Rage, Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes, and Ragnarok at low life to become deceptively tanky. This makes him a great duelist, as he can take on most champions even at low health. When combined with items and spells such as and Exhaust, he can become formidably hard to kill.
- After purchasing a few health items, Olaf can deal significant damage while Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes is active.
- Ragnarok can be used either as an initiating ability, as a defense ability in battle or as an escape ability because of the immunity to crowd control effects.
- Olaf's strongest role during the lategame is to function as a bulky assassin. One of his most effective strategies during lategame teamfights is to activate Ragnarok, single out the opposing carry or AP mage and quickly slay them before the opposing team can kill him. Because of the complete CC immunity Ragnarok grants him, he becomes extremely difficult for the opposing team to peel from the carry.
- Try to cast Ragnarok with as low health as possible, granting you as much attack speed from Berserker Rage Berserker Rage as you can which allows for more autoattacks that grant life steal from Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes while you are immune to being stopped by crowd-control effects... but obviously, don't cast it too late.
- When playing Olaf, try to drag games into late if you don't feel you have an advantage. Once he has his full build, he becomes nearly impossible to stop.
- Olaf naturally receives armor and magic resistance from the active effect of Ragnarok, and also gains additional bonus damage from Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes based on his maximum health. Because of this, stacking health on him is a very common build path.
- Consider health item. A is one of the most useful items for Olaf, as in addition to the large amount of health it has, it slows any opponents he autoattacks, letting him chase very effectively. However, if the player is confident with their ability to consistently land Undertow on a fleeing opponent, then can be substituted for a for its much greater health and survivability boosts. or if you're looking for a build with one sole
- health and aura options for Olaf, and each offers different benefits. is a powerful defensive option for him against any physical damage-heavy team, and Olaf can make excellent use of the active to assist him in killing the opposing carries during teamfights. grants himself health and cooldown reduction for his Undertow and Reckless Swing Reckless Swing as well as lifesteal and attack speed to nearby allies. can bolster his effectiveness against teams stacking heavy armor and general survivability against physical damage. is simply a cheap item for Olaf as well as his entire team to get fairly tanky early game. Because it will postpone buying other items Olaf so desperately needs, it should be only be bought if no one else will and if strongly needed. , , and are all possible alternative
- health. The bonus attack damage based on health will stack with Olaf's Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes. Even though it doesn't excel in any particular regard (offensively or defensively), it is pretty cheap. is always a decent choice when building a lot of
- Some form of lifesteal or health regeneration is advised when dealing damage with Reckless Swing Reckless Swing to negate the health cost.
- Olaf with the lifesteal stacking with Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes. paired with is a large amount of health regeneration while also rendering pretty much any magic damage caster useless against Olaf and offering much appreciated movement speed. is a good highly offensive item for
- item for Olaf in lane. He can use all of the item's traits very well, and its lifesteal allow him to focus on leveling his other abilities over Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes yet not be lacking for sustain. is a great
- Olaf wants, attack speed, attack damage, and armor reduction. is desirable because it offers a lot of stats that
- A Olaf's kit - the passive attack damage boost as his health drops increases his DPS exponentially when combined with Berserker Rage Berserker Rage, and the magic damage shield lets him stay at low health more safely. synergizes incomparably well with
- Cooldown reduction synergizes well with Undertow as well as Reckless Swing Reckless Swing. With maximum cooldown reduction (40%), Reckless Swing Reckless Swing can be activated every 3 seconds and the cooldown on Undertow is 0.3 seconds after picking up the axe as the flat cooldown reduction from picking up the axe becomes even more effective. For the sole purpose of maintaining the slow of Undertow, as long as Olaf picks up the axe within 2.5 seconds of throwing it, 12.5% cooldown reduction is all that is needed for the target to be permanently slowed.
- Olaf has no dash ability, so purchasing or using Flash or Ghost can help him escape or initiate battles easier. , in addition the above mentioned benefits, currently grants the highest flat armor penetration of any item. Combined with armor penetration runes, masteries and Ragnarok, Olaf can effectively do true damage to lightly armored champions.
- movement speed for 3 seconds. The additional health, health regeneration and mana regeneration will also largely solve any sustainability problems. If bought early, the gold per 10 from can make a noticeable difference as the game progresses. is an option as well, as it gives 40%
- Olaf's carry-killing power by cutting their attack speed by 20%, in addition to its very useful armor and cooldown reduction bonuses. can greatly augment
- Starting items: , x5 OR
- Skill progression: Undertow → Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes → Undertow → Reckless Swing Reckless Swing
- Jungling order: Wolves → Blue Golem (Smite) → Wraiths → Wolves → Small Golems → Wraiths → Fountain → Red Lizard (Smite) → Gank
- Smite goes well with the spell vamp of Vicious Strikes Vicious Strikes.
- Throw Undertow just in front of you to deal damage and immediately pick it up. This is an extremely fast way to jungle after the Olaf changes in V220.127.116.11 while providing a very good initiator when ganking. Reckless Swing Reckless Swing does damage to yourself which can make ganking difficult when leaving the jungle with lower health.
Runes and Masteries编辑
- Before engaging Olaf, keep in mind that he becomes very strong when he is at low health due to his Berserker Rage Berserker Rage. Properly judge if you can burst him down with your abilities, or he may just lifesteal it back and kill you.
- Undertow is a slow projectile, meaning that you can dodge the spell easily.
- Save your CC while Olaf is using Ragnarok. It removes and negates any CC cast on him while it is active.
- 奥拉夫的 Ragnarok also gives him bonus armor and magic resistance. It might be wiser to wait until the buff duration is over before committing to attack him.
- As Olaf is immune to any forms of CC placed upon him, the most effective forms of keeping him away are self-displacement abilities such as Arcane Shift and player-created terrain such as Cataclysm. You should try to save these abilities for when he uses his ultimate to make him waste the duration.