- 石头人莫菲特其实最重要的是符文里的护甲加成，大精华全带护甲，再加上黄色符文全护甲有30点护甲，点出防御天赋是上单所有AD英雄的噩梦。Due to 墨菲特的Granite Shield Granite Shield, Ground Slam Ground Slam and Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force, he is extremely well-suited to a tanking and initiating role.
- Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force is one of the best initiating abilities in the game, as it transports Malphite to the target location and knocks up all nearby enemies. Malphite is also immune to disables during the dash.
- Remember to allow Granite Shield Granite Shield to recharge if a team fight is about to start.
- Seismic Shard Seismic Shard is a strong ability with several utilities:
- It can be used for harassment and poking in lane, with some mana regen.
- In a teamfight, Seismic Shard Seismic Shard help Malphite stick to the enemy's carries.
- When escaping or chasing, Seismic Shard Seismic Shard will simultaneously slow them while hasting yourself.
- Seismic Shard Seismic Shard can also be used on minions to gain the speed bonus to catch up to someone out of range.
- Using Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes will cause Ground Slam Ground Slam to deal more damage due to the increased armor.
- Malphite's standard combo is first activating Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes, slowing an enemy with Seismic Shard Seismic Shard, charging in with Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force, then ending with Ground Slam Ground Slam. With a high amount of armor, this combo can shut down multiple enemies at once, especially if they're melee-DPS.
- Malphite excels at being an anti-carry, designed to stop carries in their tracks with his Ground Slam Ground Slam and then destroy them with his high damage output.
- Malphite can make a strong counter to certain solo top champions, such as Tryndamere, Irelia, or Jax that have few ranged options and need to auto-attack to secure lane control. Use Seismic Shard Seismic Shard to harass and Ground Slam Ground Slam to interfere with last hits, giving you free reign to farm yourself.
- If your enemy is on low health and they are behind a wall, Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force can go through walls and you can pick up a kill easily.
- Conversely, if you are low on health and are at great risk of dying, 墨菲特的Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force can be used to escape.
- 墨菲特的Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force combined with other champions' abilities like Curse of the Sad Mummy can incapacitate most or all of the enemy team members for several seconds.
- Jungling works especially well on Malphite as his Ground Slam Ground Slam can negate most of the Ancient Golem's damage at level one along with Granite Shield Granite Shield, meaning that Malphite can kill the Ancient Golem on an offensive or defensive combination of starting items and potions. After acquiring Seismic Shard Seismic Shard and the buff from the Lizard Elder, Malphite can gank lanes to moderate effect, but can do so to the greatest effect against weak, autoattack-dependent AD champions like Ashe or top lane Sion.
- It is difficult to build items that give Malphite all or even most of what he needs. Health, armor and magic resistance, attack damage, ability power, and cooldown reduction is hard to fit into six items, five items if you include boots. Items that provide any combination of these stats are useful and should be prioritized.
- Malphite is typically built for a tank role but can be built with ability power, trading off late game utility for damage.
- magic resistance and lowering the enemies'. Since most of Malphite's abilities deal magical damage this item can increase his damage output significantly. is a possible build option, boosting his
- Malphite, as it increases armor for Ground Slam Ground Slam and AP for Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force and Seismic Shard Seismic Shard. The active effect also allows Granite Shield Granite Shield (as well as all of his other abilities) more time to reactivate. is a good but highly situational item on
- Consider purchasing a Ground Slam Ground Slam. or to support the effect of his
- Most of Malphite's items should give you at least a small amount of armor. Ground Slam Ground Slam gains a massive amount of damage from armor, and Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes increases the damage even further, based on armor.
- Although Malphite specializes in tanking physical damage due to his heavy focus on armor and reducing attack speed, be sure to get at least a moderate amount of magic resistance with items like , , or even when facing multiple AP opponents. Your armor will have very little effect against casters like Ryze or Annie.
- Building health can be useful in addition to buying items for resistances: , , and are all good items, as they increase the shield from Granite Shield Granite Shield.
- Malphite usually doesn't have the damage to sustain himself in a fight with spell vamp or lifesteal. Building and can give him valuable health regeneration.
- Note that the health regeneration is pathetically small during the actual teamfight (Warmog's and Force of Nature are both +8 health per second), which will get you +120 health for a fifteen second teamfight. Health Regeneration is much better during the laning phase, and drops off significantly in usefulness during teamfight situations.
- The movement speed slow of a or can help Malphite stick to enemies with the movement speed buff of his Seismic Shard Seismic Shard.
- Malphite can build a little attack damage with the splash damage passive and attack damage steroid active from Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes. or are good choices in that situation.
- Buying cooldown reduction is a priority for Malphite as the cooldowns on his abilities persist longer than his abilities' effects.
- Starting items and 5x or, if you can have a little pull, and 1x . This way, you can jungle more and get , and one or two wards at first recall.
- Skill Progression: Ground Slam Ground Slam -- Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes -- Ground Slam Ground Slam -- Seismic Shard Seismic Shard
- Jungling Order: Wolves -- Blue Golem (Smite) -- Wraiths -- Small Golems -- Red Lizard -- Wraith -- Fountain -- Wolves -- Gank!
- Try to destroy 墨菲特的Granite Shield Granite Shield before using your nukes to ensure it deals full damage.
- When chasing or being chased, it may be a good idea to hold on to any movement speed increasing buffs you may have until after he has used Seismic Shard Seismic Shard as your speed increase will also increase the amount of movement speed he steals.
- Wait until the effect of his Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes wears off before continuing to attack Malphite as it gives him armor.
- If you are using a champion whose primary damage source is from auto-attacks, try to stay out of range of Ground Slam Ground Slam, as this will reduce your damage significantly.
- Malphite will usually build armor to make the effect of his Ground Slam Ground Slam more useful. Consider getting a to counter this.
- Since Malphite is more likely to build armor than health, he will be very susceptible to high burst from magic damage. Consider this when picking champions to counter him.
- Avoid grouping together with your allies to decrease the impact of an Unstoppable Force Unstoppable Force.
- Malphite can be effectively countered by going double AP, as opposed to the usual bruiser meta.