- Urgot was designed by both Geeves and Issfire.
- Urgot champion concept is speculated to be the evolution of 20px Priscilla, the Spider Queen, a champion that was never released but found in the game files.
- Urgot was the first champion revealed in The Journal of Justice before being officially announced, not counting the token mention of Sejuani.
- According to Babaganoosh, Urgot was unavailable for the Ionia versus Noxus Grudge Match due to being damaged and needing considerable time to be repaired. He received a major strength buff in the following patch release.
- Professor Stanwick Pididly's quote at the end of Urgot's background info is a reference to The Six Million Dollar Man.
- Urgot's taunt "Fear? No... I am the mindkiller." is a reference to Frank Herbert's Dune. The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear begins with "I must not fear; fear is the mindkiller ..."
- Urgot's Butcher skin is a reference to Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise.
- Urgot's Crabgot skin is a reference to the Giant Enemy Crab in Genji: Days of the Blade, which became a popular internet meme.
- Urgot's Crabgot Splash Art is likely a reference to Creature from the Black Lagoon, a classic 1954 monster horror film.
- In 诺提勒斯 Art Spotlight, around 2:50, a tab saying Urgot Mech can be seen in the top left.
- This was likely the development name for Battlecast Urgot.
- Garen's sword is visible in the background of Urgot's Battlecast skin. In addition, the banner of Demacia lies torn beneath one of his legs, as does the helmet worn by the champion shown in the images of some summoner spells.
- He shares Battlecast skins with Battlecast Xerath and Battlecast Cho'Gath.
- When Urgot was still a Noxian field soldier, his commanding officer was Sion.
- When Urgot became the High Executioner of Noxus, he was attached to Swain's military division.
- Before Urgot could execute the captured Jarvan IV, the Dauntless Vanguard and their leader Garen interfered at the final moment. Urgot was cut in two by the zealous warrior as he scrambled to free the Demacian Prince.
- Professor Stanwick Pididly, using research notes stolen from Viktor, reconstructed Urgot into a cyborg body of his own design. The experiment was a success largely due to Urgot's sheer thirst for vengeance against Garen, whom he entered the League to kill.