- Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter is a strong debuff that can save your team from a lot of damage. Apply it liberally to enemy champions when fighting.
- When farming, time the activation of your Acid Hunters so that you fire it in between your autoattacks. That way, you farm as efficiently as possible and you can also push the lane very fast this way. If no enemies are nearby, begin farming a creep wave by hitting the back line of enemy minions with Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge and let the corrosion deal it's full damage to the minions while you destroy the close-attacking minions with your autoattacks and Acid Hunters.
- Prior to firing Acid Hunter, try hovering over an enemy afflicted by Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge. Upon launching, the Acid Hunter will ignore all other enemies and fly directly to the corroding target.
- A locked-on Acid Hunter has incredible range and can hit even if the target is not visible to you, being in brush, the fog of war and even in stealth.
- Acid Hunter can hit through walls, giving an unexpected attack with a suprising amount of damage.
- Acid Hunter has good range and hits unarmored targets hard even when not locked-on. Getting in the habit of using the skill shot occasionally, even when Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge isn't necessary applied, helps to throw enemies off of their rhythm and makes you a threat even when your lock-on fails or wears off.
- The Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem will dramatically improve Urgot's fighting ability if he gets it; the high mana regeneration lend itself to constant Acid Hunter barrages, while the cooldown reduction allows him to lock on targets with Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge more frequently.
- As your slow is dependent on your shield's remaining active, consider putting ranks into Terror Capacitor Terror Capacitor to provide Urgot with a crippling slow, better chances of maintaining it and greater durability in skirmishes.
- Using Terror Capacitor Terror Capacitor with Acid Hunter can allow you to quickly catch fleeing opponents or deter individual pursuers.
- Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge is capable of revealing the fog of war. Use it to scout without risk.
- His Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser should be used to pull enemies right into ganks and towers, but it also has a use in escaping should your escape path be blocked by an enemy.
- Whenever there are any squishy targets on the other team, use Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser to swap them into your team to get an easy kill.
- Remember that although Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser grants armor and magic resist, you are not invincible. Take note of nearby towers or enemy champions that can burst you down before its channel is complete.
- Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser suppresses the target while channeling, so it can be used for deterring an enemy's escape for your team to finish off your target. It can also be used to stop channeling spells of your opponent.
- Urgot's skillset makes him most effective in eliminating the enemy team's carries, but don't overestimate his toughness. In general, it is a good idea to keep your distance from DPS champions until they have been weakened or separated.
- 厄加特的Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser can be used over walls to pull an enemy through it, provided that he can see the enemy. This can be used offensively and defensively either when you are being chased, ganking in the jungle, or caught in a teamfight.
- Urgot is great at harassing. Use the long range and reasonably wide area of effect of corrosion charge to weaken enemy champions with impunity while simultaneously farming.
- One strategy to take down an enemy champion as Urgot is to conserve your abilities for chasing. As soon as your target begin retreating, pop your shield and keep hitting them with as many autoattacks as you can until Terror Capacitor Terror Capacitor's time limit is almost up, then catch your victim with Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge and follow up by striking with as many Acid Hunters as you can before your opponent is out of range.
- Urgot's passive damage reduction from Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter, extra survivability from Terror Capacitor Terror Capacitor, and the armor reduction from Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge make it extremely difficult for opponents to gauge his strength, frequently causing enemies to trade blows with Urgot and usually take more damage. Don't overestimate your foe's intelligence or you will miss opportunities to take them out when they make this common mistake.
- Stacking high amounts of attack damage on Urgot will make his Acid Hunter and basic attacks more powerful.
- Urgot since it gives him attack damage and helps solve his mana problems. is a great first item on
- Urgot since attack damage, armor penetration, and cooldown reduction are the exact things he needs to increase his damage, which is strongest early/mid game.
is a fantastic early item on
- It's recommended to sell the item later though, as it builds into which is not a viable item in his build.
- life steal is valuable to boost survivability. is a good late-game item since
- Other standard attack damage items such as Acid Hunter, cannot crit and does not apply on-hit effects. and are not as effective since Urgot's main damage source,
- armor to counter you. is also a good late-game item if the enemy team is building
- Urgot can be mana-hungry in the early laning stage, but buying should eliminate mana problems for the rest of the game. If you decide not to focus your build around picking up the early, other mana regeneration sources are recommended.
- Urgot as his Terror Capacitor Terror Capacitor can offer the additional time necessary for a last escape, or give you time for cooldowns to refresh so you can quickly focus down low health enemies who linger nearby. can be an effective defensive item for
- Urgot. Although it does little for your long-range Acid Hunter combo, greatly increases his presence in close combat due to constant procs. is a strong if unorthodox item on
- Urgot since it increases your mana pool (usually yielding more damage via ) , makes Urgot more tanky, and gives highly-desired cooldown reduction. is a good defensive item on
- Attack damage items are worth buying for the early phase of the game; however, due to the risk of using his ultimate in lategame, it is recommended to build some survivability items afterwards.
- Cooldown reduction can let Urgot fire more locked-on Acid Hunters before the Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge debuff fades. With no CDR, he can fire 2 shots per lock on. With 16.7% CDR, he can fire 3. With 37.5% CDR, he can fire 4. However, the above values are mathematical and do not take into account input lag or delay.
- In practice, 30% cooldown reduction makes it easy to shoot 4 Acid Hunters per Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge. A combination of CDR masteries and items can help you hit this figure. Some choices that synergize well with Urgot include , , and / .
- The Crest of the Ancient Golem Crest of the Ancient Golem will greatly help Urgot if he can secure it.
- If you buy , chances are you will have to sell it in favor of later. An is a great substitute for the CDR loss.
- Cooldown reduction is invaluable for Urgot's other skills as well, granting more temporary durability through Terror Capacitor Terror Capacitor and a longer debuff uptime for Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge.
- While Urgot benefits greatly from spellvamp, it's usually not worth it investing into . Try to get one of your teammates to buy instead.
- Urgot as its armor helps him fight physical damage champions, while the mana and cooldown reduction help him spam his Acid Hunter. Its upgrade, , is effective for that same purpose late game. is a effective mid game item for
- Urgot build. Since he spams acid-hunter missiles constantly in fights, he will proc the Sheen as often as possible is essential to any high-damage
- A few items, ( Urgot's damage output with improved survivability. An early is great because in addition to improving Urgot all around, it can later be upgraded into . and ), that add both attack damage and resistance can complement
- Urgot does only physical damage, so getting armor items is effective in mitigating his DPS.
- Move erratically to avoid being hit by Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge thus preventing lock-on with Acid Hunter. Experienced players will often wait for you to move into position for an attack or minion kill. Use feints to cause them to misfire.
- Champions with gap closing abilities can combat Urgot effectively by staying within close range and timing their dash to coincide with his Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge.
- Urgot lacks mobility and is vulnerable to champions with good DPS, especially those with frequent disables or items such as .
- Avoid commiting to a close quarters 1v1 battle with Urgot unless you are certain of an overwhelming victory. His abilities make it difficult to escape a losing battle.
- Urgot tends to be rather predictable, in that whenever he lands a Noxian Corrosive Charge Noxian Corrosive Charge, he will almost always chase the target in order to land his full combo. This can be easily exploited to bait him into overextending for a gank.
- Keep in mind, however, that after Urgot reaches level 6, Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser can allow for an easy escape by switching places with the ganking champion. Either make sure the ganking champion has a way to block or break the suppress, or be prepared to interrupt the channel. If he is unable to use his ultimate to escape, Urgot is usually a relatively easy kill.
- Be mindful of Urgot's ultimate, as you or your team can quickly be pulled into danger. Prevent this by having spell block/cancel items such as or .
- Urgot is fairly strong at early levels. Harass him to deny him from gaining an early/mid game advantage, but do be aware of his long range damage.