- Use Null Sphere at early levels to harass the opponent. Because of the silence that comes with the ability, enemies will have a hard time counter-attacking in time.
- Nether Blade synergizes well with attack speed items and allows him to cast more spells from the mana gained. It also farms minions well if the minions in question are softened up by Riftwalk.
- While out of combat use Nether Blade to charge up your Force Pulse and his passive to regain mana.
- A risky way to deal a lot of burst damage to enemies is to constantly cast Riftwalk at the summoner pool. This will stack the damage on Riftwalk while the summoner pool regenerates your mana. Using this method with summoner spell Teleport can inflict devastating damage.
- Kassadin is fairly easy to kill if he can't Riftwalk away. When engaging the enemy, consider whether it'd be better to Riftwalk in, cast your spells, and walk out, or to walk in, cast your spells, and Riftwalk out.
- Riftwalking into a team fight will probably draw attention to you, something you want to avoid. As such, walking into a team fight and teleporting out can help you avoid retaliation.
- Unless it is urgent, when traveling with Riftwalk wait until your last Riftwalk counter has expired before using it again as Riftwalk can deplete your mana very quickly.
- Kassadin is great for laning with or against champions with spammable spells such as Karthus and Cassiopeia as it ensures that Force Pulse is always charged.
- Kassadin lanes extremely well with Soraka for multiple reasons:
- Starcall is a spammable skill and can easily charge your Force Pulse.
- Infuse, at full rank, can easily restore your mana even with the stacks of Riftwalk. It can also be used to silence your opponent after the silence from Null Sphere expires.
- Due to Kassadin being an anti-mage in nature, Soraka's innate Consecration can help you fight even better against other mages.
- Kassadin is a melee mage champion. In other words, he needs to get into melee range to deal damage. The bonus armor and heal from Astral Blessing Astral Blessing can help Kassadin greatly.
- Kassadin's abilities have high ability power ratios and low cooldowns, so a high amount of AP enables him to deal immense damage in short time intervals.
- The Riftwalk, Null Sphere, and Force Pulse combo is especially powerful against casters, as it silences and heavily damages them before they can react to it. Make sure you have at least 4 charges in Force Pulse before doing this combo, as Riftwalk and Null Sphere will let you gain the remaining 2 charges needed to cast it.
- Riftwalk can be used to jump over walls, and essentially acts like the summoner spell Flash.
- As an assassin, Kassadin excels at ganking. Also, he is best at focusing alone or weak targets, or even targets like casters or low-MR enemies. With all of this in mind, Kassadin performs best entering in-progress team fights, once a carry has been slain and the enemy team is beginning to disperse or retreat, to pick off injured champions.
- With his Void Stone and his Nether Blade active, it is possible to build Kassadin as Magical DPS, though due to the rarity of the build and lack of proper testing, the effectiveness of this build is questionable.
- Kassadin can be built either as a mage with ability power and mana due to his high AP ratio and mana cost, or an anti-mage with cooldown reduction and magic resistance due to his Void Stone reducing magic damage.
- Kassadin deal with his high mana costs. and later an can help
- A Kassadin the survivability he needs when using Riftwalk to a group of enemies. It also gives him some ability power to help him deal more damage. and/or gives
- When built as an Anti-Mage with magic resistance, a is a must.
- Getting the increases mana regen greatly. The magic resistance is also a nice plus, considering his passive and his anti-squishy role.
- Riftwalk and /or Flash together with Cleanse and/or will let you escape even the deadliest ganks.
- Kassadin is a fearsome anti-mage due to his passive, Void Stone and his Null Sphere. Since he specializes in counter AP-champions, an AD carry (especially Sivir due to her Spell Shield) will shut Kassadin down extremely hard.
- Kassadin mostly deals magic damage; therefore, stacking magic resistance will mitigate his damage.
- Buying magic penetration to face Kassadin is not recommended, as his passive doesn't give him magic resistance.
- Kassadin has very great mobility because of his Riftwalk. Take care when chasing him as he may outrun you.
- Force Pulse can only be activated if he has enough stacks. Engaging him when he has no stacks can help kill him faster.
- In the laning phase, especially on a solo lane, it can be very hard for Kassadin to keep stacks on his Force Pulse, so casting spells sparingly can greatly reduce his damage output. Manually detonating a two-part spell such as Lucent Singularity Lucent Singularity or Death's Caress adds an extra charge to Force Pulse, so it may be beneficial to let these spells expire on their own.
- Kassadin has trouble killing minions waves quickly in the early game, as Force Pulse is not always available, leaving him with only melee attacks and the long-cooldown Null Sphere. Playing a champion with strong AoE spells can allow you to push your minions to Kassadin's turret, which will force him to either lose gold income when the turret kills your minions, or stay in melee range of your minions, leaving him vulnerable to your ranged spells and attacks from outside the turret's range.
- Predicting 卡萨丁的 Riftwalk movement can be greatly effective in countering him, as his harass combo involves mostly Riftwalk into range, and dropping a Null Sphere.
- Such example could be Brand, by casting Pillar of Flame Pillar of Flame and Sear at the correct position and timing, you can instead damage and stun Kassadin during his attempt to harass you.
- The travel time of Null Sphere is noticeably slow - if you have your own crowd control that can be cast onto Kassadin before it lands and after he uses Riftwalk to approach you, you can punish him and favourably trade.
- As a melee assassin, Kassadin must close the gap to begin fighting, and, more importantly, must initiate the fight to do all of his practical damage. With this in mind, being able to close in before he can Riftwalk or even applying your crowd control first will considerably buff your chances of slaying or at least defeating him.
- Do not use Flash to get away from Kassadin because of his Riftwalk can still be used to teleport to a new area.
- Warwick is a good counter for multiple reasons. Firstly, his basic magic resistance makes him suitably less squishy than other fighters versing Kassadin. Secondly, his life steal assures that his health is buffed throughout the fight. Finally, his ult, Infinite Duress Infinite Duress, prevents Kassadin from using Riftwalk to initiate the fight, as it suppresses him and places Warwick right on top of him.
- Mordekaiser is another excellent counter, for having even higher base magic resistance than Warwick, and that the shield he gains from ability use is very capable of soaking damage from Kassadin's spells.