- Kennen was one of the champions chosen from the Ionian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match.
- Kennen is able to stun champions 2 or even 3 times (if he has enough energy) in a row:
- Fifth hit of Electrical Surge Electrical Surge and its active. (2 marks)
- Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken. (first stun)
- Lightning Rush Lightning Rush. (1 mark)
- Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken. (2 marks)
- Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom. (second stun and 2 marks)
- If he still has energy Electrical Surge Electrical Surge. (third stun)
- Kennen's dance is a reference to a breakdance move called an airflare.
- "Kennen" means "to be familiar with" in German and Dutch.
- Kennen's voice is probably the same from the "Island CX Franco", from the game Twinsen's Odyssey. His voice can be checked in this video (around 08:34)
- The 'Eyes' in Kennen's quote of 'The Eyes Never Lie' when being picked may be referring to Shen, the leader of the three ninajs.
- Karate Kennen is a reference to the Karate Kid movie series.
- Deadly Kennen bears a strong resemblance to Marvel Comics' Deadpool.
- Swamp Master Kennen is likely a reference to Jedi Master Yoda from the Star Wars franchise.
- Kennen MD is part of a "Medical" theme whom he shares with his fellow ninjas, Akali and Shen. This is may a tribute to the webcomic series The Adventures of Dr. McNinja, which stars an eponymous medical ninja.
- Arctic Ops Kennen throws kunais instead of shurikens and has 2 big kunais on his back.
- Kennen is a member of the Kinkou Order along with Akali and Shen. The three shadow warriors work together in order to preserve the balance in Valoran.
- Kennan and his fellow ninjas are at war with Zed and his Order of Shadows.
- Kennen's parents reside in Bandle City.
- Kennen enjoys listening to Sona's music.