- Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken can be used to detect enemies hiding in the brush, as a sound effect will play if it impacts a target.
- 凯南的Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken is very effective for harassment. Taking more than one point in it early game allows you to harass the enemy really hard while not being in range to take damage.
- Getting one level of Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken and then maxing Electrical Surge Electrical Surge allows Kennen to maintain 2 Mark of the Storm Mark of the Storm stacks on enemy champions, as well as effectively harassing them.
- Using Electrical Surge Electrical Surge after players have 2 stacks of Mark of the Storm Mark of the Storm is an easy way to stun.
- If a marked enemy is out of range of Electrical Surge Electrical Surge, they can still be hit by it if it is used on a closer marked enemy. This can be used with Lightning Rush Lightning Rush to mark minions and Electrical Surge Electrical Surge enemy champions that are too far away.
- Kennen is a great farmer if you use Lightning Rush Lightning Rush combined with Electrical Surge Electrical Surge.
- Using Lightning Rush Lightning Rush to dodge skillshots and run away is a good idea.
- Lightning Rush Lightning Rush can be used to initiate fights with its energy return component, allowing him to use other abilities afterward.
- While in Lightning Rush Lightning Rush form, Kennen cannot perform normal attacks, but can use all of his abilities.
- Lightning Rush Lightning Rush can be coupled with the summoner spell Ghost to move at very high speeds, with Kennen's stun this is excellent for chasing.
- After a team fight has initiated, use Lightning Rush Lightning Rush to apply marks to as many enemies as possible, followed by Electrical Surge Electrical Surge and Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom. This combo adds two marks initially, followed by one mark for the stun, and then adds an additional two marks, leaving any runners ready to be stunned with Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken . Alternatively, saving energy and waiting for a second Electrical Surge Electrical Surge will result in a second AoE stun.
- A good skill sequence to harass an enemy or to scare them off is Lightning Rush Lightning Rush, Electrical Surge Electrical Surge, and Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken(if possible). The reason why this combo can scare enemy's is because it can stun or get ready to stun.
- Kennen is a champion who relies heavily on combos. Some simple combos are: Lightning Rush Lightning Rush + Electrical Surge Electrical Surge + Electrical Surge Electrical Surge(passive) + Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken - this combo works extremely well from levels 3-5 (ie before Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom is learned). At level 2, Kennen can do a Electrical Surge Electrical Surge + Electrical Surge Electrical Surge(passive) + Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken combo to result in a highly damaging stun and a few auto attacks during the stun.
- Once reaching level 6, Kennen gains the ability to stun an opponent twice using a Lightning Rush Lightning Rush + Electrical Surge Electrical Surge + Electrical Surge Electrical Surge(passive) + Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom + Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken combo.
- The key to playing well is learning how to chain his combos together to be able to land free damage on the enemy while keeping them in a disadvantageous position.
- A good way to build Kennen is a balanced build, which will spread the damage out more efficiently with mark of storm. With all three skills at rank 2, Kennen becomes a powerful enemy.
- 凯南的Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom is amazing for turning team fights around. It is key that his R is used as much as possible against multiple opponents, but only at the right time.
- Kennen tends to be an initiator or to follow immediately behind an initiator thanks to Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom. Using Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom wisely in a team fight, in conjunction with Lightning Rush Lightning Rush and Electrical Surge Electrical Surge, nearly guarantees a viable amount of energy gained from Mark of the Storm Mark of the Storm because Kennen's cooldowns tend to end more quickly than Kennen's energy regenerates.
- Remember that Lightning Rush Lightning Rush also provides you with a great boost of your armor and magic resistance meaning it can save you from fatal situations like Karthus' Requiem or skills that do damage over time, notice however that it won't reduce true damage.
- Kennen. If Kennen is played as a caster, is useful for increasing the amount of damage he does, especially since his Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken can be used every 4 seconds at rank 5. and are effective items on
- Lightning Rush Lightning Rush, since you can get very fast to any opponent and slow him this way, and once slowed your target can be comboed easily. can be very good with his
- It's recommended to build AP along with defensive items as Kennen's full combo requires getting close to enemy champions and therefore survivalbility will be a must during teamfights.
- Giving Kennen or is good for the passive effect of his Electrical Surge Electrical Surge as it gives him some AP to deal more damage with spells.
- Spell vamp items, specifically and its component , are extremely effective on Kennen during the laning phase, as Kennen can last hit with Thundering Shuriken to regenerate health. Because he uses energy and not mana, any amount of spell vamp grants him free sustain, which is extremely advantageous in the laning phase when fighting opponents who have no way to sustain or lack the mana pool/mana regeneration to consistently sustain themselves.
- While a niche option, because of Kennen's high attack speed growth, a decent attack damage growth, and the utilization of his Electrical Surge Electrical Surge; Kennen can effectively be built as an attack damage carry in a similar sense like Ezreal. Items like , , , , and can allow his Electrical Surge Electrical Surge passive's Mark of the Storm Mark of the Storm trigger more quickly. Because his Electrical Surge Electrical Surge's passive damage is scaled in attack damage. items like , , and are good items to utilize. The attack damage carry build path is recommended to players who are new in playing Kennen, or those who have difficulty landing his Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken skill.
- When you have two stacks of Mark of the Storm Mark of the Storm, move away from Kennen until the debuff wears off to avoid his stun.
- Moving erratically or taking cover behind minion can hinder you from getting hit by his Thundering Shuriken Thundering Shuriken.
- Do not overextend when chasing him as Lightning Rush Lightning Rush also boosts his armor and magic resistance.
- Quickly using a knockback on Kennen while he's using Slicing Maelstrom Slicing Maelstrom can cause him to waste the ability. Be aware is a common item on Kennen to avoid such a possibility.
- Kennen mostly deals magic damage. Investing in magic resistance items will reduce his damage output.
- However, Kennen can also be built as attack damage carry. Pay attention to his build to counter him properly. For example, reducing his attack speed will lower his damage and stun output.