- Upon Death, Kog'Maw loses all status effects (inherently including crowd control effects) that do not inherently persist through death.
- An example for a debuff that does persist through death is .
- Icathian Surprise's untargetability does not destroy in-flight projectiles.
- Resurrection will take precedence over Icathian Surprise.
- After Icathian Surprise ends, the corpse of Kog'Maw will retain unit collision for the duration of his death animation.
- Icathian Surprise will still trigger if Kog'Maw is killed by the Nexus Obelisk.
- If Kog'Maw has an auto attack in the air at the same time that he's moving while he dies, as long as the auto hits the target after Icathian Surprise has started Kog'Maw will be able to auto once during Icathian Surprise.
- Kog'Maw's usable summoner spells will be placed on a 5 second cooldown upon becoming a zombie.
- During Icathian Surprise, Kog'Maw's attack range is reduced to 0, making him automatically path near enemies he is trying to target.
- Caustic Spittle will fire from wherever Kog'Maw was at the start of the cast time.
- Void Ooze is always fired from the original cast location.
- The missile leaves a blob of ooze on the ground every 125 units traveled.