- Remember not to run away from your enemies when you die, as Icathian Surprise will allow you to deal extra damage.
- 20px 克格'莫的 Caustic Spittle can sometimes be used to deliver one last hit in a chase since Caustic Spittle has a longer range than20px Kog'Maw's auto attack.
- Most 20px Kog'Maws underestimate their true power with a full item set. Bio-Arcane Barrage should be used to help take down tanks or for the extra range in a team fight. When fighting opponents that are squishy e.g. Ashe, you can just right click and fire away.
- 20px Kog'Maw can out-range most champions with his Bio-Arcane Barrage ability. Use this to your advantage by harrassing enemies through the minion wave, or grab last-hits when being zoned.
- Use Void Ooze's slow to set up a perfect Living Artillery.
- Void Ooze is 20px Kog'Maw's only escape ability. In order to succeed in running away, point Void Ooze away from your enemy towards where you are running. You will be able to run over it without a problem, but they will be forced to run on top of it the whole time resulting a drastic speed reduction. Ghost or Flash can give you the "lead" needed to compensate for the short casting time.
- You can however, click on the map immediately after using Void Ooze to stop the animation, making the escape easier, though it can still be dangerous and ghost or flash can compensate when is really needed
- Ability Power, combined with Living Artillery, can lead to devastating long range damage. This is a great way to prevent your enemies from camping by a turret.
- Be careful spamming Living Artillery as it can easily lead to mana starvation.
- Maxing your Bio-Arcane Barrage can be a good way to get kills early game.
- Using Living Artillery as often as possible without stacking the passive too high can be an extremely good way for getting kills during the laning phase.
- Living Artillery provides a very short time of vision when and where it lands. You can shoot into the bush and see if anyone is there. You can also shoot into areas such as Baron Nashor, 20px Dragon, 20px Ancient Golem, and 20px Lizard Elder to see if those monsters are alive making 20px Kog'Maw a great scouting champion.
- If the Living Artillery hits a champion, your team will be able to see that champion for 4 seconds. This can be useful to continue auto attacking or using other targeted abilities after an enemy has fled into the bush.
- You can use Living Artillery behind the enemy to scare them so the run towards you which can the let you use Bio-Arcane Barrage to shoot them once or twice.
- Living Artillery can be used to assist you in 1v1 scenarios due to its short cooldown.
- When building a hybrid 20px Kog'Maw, be sure to get a . It is one of the most cost efficient items on any hybrid build.
- When building an AP 20px Kog'Maw, a when used with Living Artillery can make subsequent hits with the ability easier due to the slow.
- Grabbing Cooldown and mana cost of Living Artillery which is a great way to prevent mana starvation.
early allows the passive to be charged quickly by the low
- Depending on your build, the later upgrade into or can prove a strong upgrade to your damage output.
- item choice for its synergy with Bio-Arcane Barrage and Living Artillery.
is a good
- Building both Bio-Arcane Barrage, and cooldown reduction cap, all without activating 's active effect. and gives 50% attack speed, some much-needed mana regeneration, a bit of AD, some armor penetration, one bonus percent on
- It is worth noting that while these two items together increase damage output by a good amount, it also leaves 20px Kog'Maw very fragile. Building resistances and a will allow you to stick on one target very effectively while being much less squishy.
- With Bio-Arcane Barrage and , 20px Kog'Maw can tear down most high health champions. Because the effects are additive, it brings you to a total of 10% of your target's max health per attack, meaning with enough magic penetration/magic resist reduction, you can theoretically kill them in just 10 hits. Adding AP can boost this to 12% or more max health per attack.
- 20px Kog'Maw, as he benefits greatly from both ability power and attack speed, and the passive magic damage and magic resistance reduction increases the damage of all of his abilities. is a very good item for
- 20px Kog'Maw, as it is a VERY efficient item for the price, and all stats on the item are useful to Kog'Maw. is another early-game item you may want to consider for
- An AD build is quite useful (such as 20px Kog'Maw due to his AD-scaling on Living Artillery, Caustic Spittle providing a passive attack speed bonus, and the naturally-useful trait of doing a lot of damage with your autoattacks while having practically unmatched range with Bio-Arcane Barrage active. , , and ) on
- Getting some lifesteal at the beginning of the game is a good idea to help you survive in your lane longer.
- Starting with a and building into a quick can lead to some great damage output for a DPS build.
- Building AP or DPS depends on what the enemy team consists of. Tanky DPS and tank enemies will call for DPS, while a balanced or assassin team will need AP. This is because DPS will kill faster but expose yourself to danger, while AP lets you take off health from a reasonably safe distance.
- Laning with an enemy 20px Kog'Maw can be a little hard because of his long range from his Bio-Arcane Barrage.
- Consider stacking magic resistance rather than health to mitigate the damage from his Bio-Arcane Barrage.
- 20px Kog'Maw is fairly squishy at early game. Putting a pressure on him can make him underleveled.
- After killing 20px Kog'Maw, quickly move away to avoid his Icathian Surprise.
- Move eratically to avoid being hit by Living Artillery.
- 20px Kog'Maw's only form of CC comes from his Void Ooze, so if you're chasing him or running away try to juke it to make your life a lot easier.