- Elise was designed by Coronach and Meddler.
- Elise is voiced by Karen Strassman, who also does the voices for , , , and .
- Elise is the third champion to have access to her ultimate at level 1, the others being and .
- Elise and are the only two champions who can have 19 skill points allocated by level 18, because they get a level in their ultimates at level 1 for free.
- Elise is the third champion to have 7 abilities, the others being
- holds record having access to 8 abilities (ultimate in each stance should be counted seperately).
- Elise is one of the four champions who is labelled as both melee and ranged, the others being , and .
- The rework of the Twisted Treeline appears to have drawn much influence from Elise's design.
- This includes spider webs and the new monster, , who is also a spider-like creature.
- here. , , , , , and can trigger quotes dedicated only for champions that came from the Shadow Isles while capturing altars on the Twisted Treeline. These quotes can be viewed
- Elise's name is short for "Elizabeth" or "Elisabeth", which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew name "Elisheva", meaning "God's promise", the "oath of God" or "I am God’s daughter".
- This is possibly a reference to her lore where she worships a mythical spider god.
- Elise currently holds the record for having the most movable pets on the Field, which is 5.
- Elise is the first champion to have a monologue during the log-in screen.
- Elise is the fifth champion to feature a transformation ability. The others being , , and .
- Elise shares a quote with ; "Ah, the tangled webs we weave."
Design & Concept
- Elise's concept was in development stage three years ago under the name .
- Elise's Classic Spider form and general motif is likely based off the Widow Spider, a popular species used in western culture to represent deadly female characters.
- Likewise, Elise's Death Blossom skin is based off the Crab Spider species.
- Elise's Human form bears some resemblance to Sarah Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, from StarCraft universe.
- Elise's dance is based off of the Can-Can, a dance featuring high kicks and provocative body movements.
- Elise bears some resemblance to the goddess Lolth from Forgotten Realms who can also change spider and humanoid form.
- Elise owes her allegiance to the mythical spider god in the Shadow Isles.