- By aiming Mystic Shot in brushes and watching your cooldowns while listening for the Mystic Shot hit sound, you can see if enemies are hiding in a brush.
- If attacking a tower with an ally, you can use Essence Flux on them to boost their attack speed. Hitting the friendly champion will also increase the stacks and duration of your passive Rising Spell Force.
- In the lane, Ezreal's early burst damage and poke is very high. Combine this with a lane partner or jungler's crowd control to get some kills.
- Do not underestimate Essence Flux's damage, espeically with a bit of Ability Power. With some aim, AP Ezreal can easily harass and burst enemies down safely behind minions.
- Remember that Arcane Shift can be used to jump terrain spots and walls in the jungle. It is your best escape mechanism.
- Be careful using it offensively in a skirmish as people will know to focus you while it's on cooldown.
- Take note of the surrounding area. If Ezreal is low on health and tries to Arcane Shift over a wall, the escape attempt will be pointless if the homing missile targets a jungle monster and pulls aggro.
- Use Arcane Shift to help line up your other abilities, but avoid using it in situations that would leave you vulnerable.
- You can line up Trueshot Barrage to hit multiple minion waves or monsters.
- Do not hesitate to use Trueshot Barrage to just farm a creep wave or defend a turret. By spamming Mystic Shot the cooldown for Trueshot Barrage will come back up very quickly. With maxed cooldown reduction, its cooldown can end up as low as 30 seconds.
- Trueshot Barrage can be used at the beginning of a team fight to instantly gain 5 stacks of Rising Spell Force.
- Ezreal's strength grows considerably when equipped with both neutral buffs, start getting them as soon as possible.
- With some wards, Trueshot Barrage can be used to steal the enemy's own buffs.
- Trueshot Barrage can and be saved when in a teamfight or on a one on one situation to last hit or to finish off a enemy if they run away. Since the range is global and does massive amounts of damage you can defeat any champion with a method of escape. e.g LeBlanc using her Distortion and then following up with Mimic Distortion Mimic Distortion would not be able to escape a well aimed Trueshot Barrage.
- Although Trueshot Barrage is a channeled ability, you cannot stop the channel with hard CC. The only way to prevent Ezreal from ulting mid-cast is by killing him.
- Never forget that Trueshot Barrage is global and you may be able to snipe a enemy champion from all the way across the map if you have good aim. You can also use it to soften up a enemy that you are aiming to fight.
- If you decide to snipe a fleeing enemy, make sure they don't have any sort of heal, shield or invulnerability.
- Use Trueshot Barrage when the enemy has no vision of Ezreal, so they will be unable to warn their teammates.
- Also note that Trueshot Barrage can be seen through the fog, so a wary opponent can watch for it and avoid it from a distance.
- Trueshot Barrage has a channel time upfront and is easily dodged by skilled players. For this reason, it is often a good idea to use it to hit an entire team immediately after the battle starts, dealing significant total damage and granting multiple stacks of Rising Spell Force.
- Trueshot Barrage is especially powerful in Dominion, delaying enemies' attempts to capture your towers and buying crucial time. Due to its relatively low cool down in conjunction with Mystic Shot, use it wisely and use it often.
- Smart casting will give you a faster response time, allowing you to hit more abilities.
- Mystic Shot deals physical damage. Stacking up on armor penetration runes greatly increase the damage this skill deals, especially in the lower levels.
- Ezreal has several options regarding using armor penetration and armor reduction in all of his builds (Mind the notes regarding armor penetration):
- item for an attack damage or hybrid (attack damage and ability power) build, granting attack damage, armor penetration, and cooldown reduction. is a good early
- Mystic Shot and improving auto-attacks with attack speed, attack damage and armor reduction make it a good item against low - mid armor champions. can be used as an all-around item complementing well into mid to late-phase. While a less to not-effective option for ability power, its strength for
- Ezreal for Mystic Shot and attack damage. While less-useful for regular auto-attack than , the armor penetration is the strongest against mid-high armor stacking champions, it is an amazing item against tougher enemies. Its low cost makes it an affordable purchase in the early-phase. However, it's not exactly suitable for ability power and/or hybrid builds as is. complements
- You can play Ezreal either as a ranged physical or caster damage per second depending on how you build him.
- Physical damage per second plays like a ranged damage per second, utilizing autoattacks, Mystic Shot and Trueshot Barrage for burst damage, and other abilities for utility and supplementary damage.
- Caster damage per second plays like an area of effect caster, utilizing Essence Flux and Trueshot Barrage to damage multiple targets in battles while using Mystic Shot for supplementary damage and cooldown reduction.
- If you get Ezreal into a very fast jungler and increase his farming considerably. you can turn
- is a good item early game (upgrading to or later on) if you run out of mana too quickly.
- The casting of Mystic Shot procs 's damage buff, which is then applied when the shot hits the target, thus increasing its damage.
- Mystic Shot. On cast it procs one stack, and procs a second stack if it hits the target. can be stacked quickly using
- As Mystic Shot applies on-hit effects, you can harass enemies with it easily. Add a to maximize damage against enemies who stack health.
- Mystic Shot cannot critically strike, so building items like would be less effective than building an item like unless you are unable to maintain stacks.
- When building AP, and will boost your damage output by providing 35% CDR, 75 AP, and 12 MP5.
/ improve his kiting ability, and grant him a slow.
- If using a primarily AP build, it is much better to go with .
- Dependant what you build, Ezreal can choose to pick up an
, or both.
- Within the preparation phase of Dominion in the early 1:20 minutes, Ezreal can start collecting Mana with by keeping every ability on Cooldown. This can serve as a minor improvement for the early phases.
- While the bonus Mana pool of and are the same, they compliment each other very well. Getting both requires a high level of farm though. Nevertheless, each item is very useful if quickly farmed and can be a fundamental part of most builds.
- Mystic Shot can trigger 's passive, making it a core item on any AP build since it increases Mystic Shot's AP ratio from .2 to 1.2.
- Ezreal as it provides Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction to continiously spam Mystic Shot, Mana Regen to make sure you don't run out of mana so quickly, and Ability Power to increase all Ezreal's ability damage, and all for a relatively low cost. is perfect for both AD or AP
- Ezreal is fairly squishy at early game. Harassing him early will hinder his gold and experience gain.
- Three of his spells deal magic damage. Buying a or early will help you mitigate his damage if he builds towards those spells.
- 伊泽瑞尔的 Trueshot Barrage has a global range. Take care when recalling when your health is low.
- The projectile can be seen through fog, watching the map while recalling can help you notice it soon enough to move out of the way.
- All of Ezreal's abilities are skill shots. Buying movement speed items will make it easier to evade his spells.
- When 1v1ing an Ezreal as Ezreal, try using Arcane Shift to dodge their first Mystic Shot. Immediately, you are in a good place to chase them, have dealt more damage, built a stack on Rising Spell Force, and have a cooldown advantage. If you can dodge Mystic Shot while they are casting Essence Flux, you will have an even greater advantage. For this reason, be careful using Arcane Shift offensively against another Ezreal.
- Ezreal cannot trade fairly during close combat and rely on poking as much as possible. Having a champ that can dash or blink towards him (ie 20px Xin Zhao , Diana , Irelia ) would cost Ezreal his blink to run away from the team fight and be isolated from the defending allies causing his death.