- For its predecessor, see , and for its successor, see .
"You belong in a museum!"
- 50 ability power = 1087.5
- 30 armor = 600
- 10% cooldown reduction = 266.67
- 250 mana = 350
- was gold efficient without its passive and active effects.
- is made for duo lane, with the support having this item. It provides stats that are useful for this role:
- While nearby, the Conduit and the support will both generate charges. Upon reaching 100 charges, you can activate the passive to grant the both of you 20% increased AP and 50% critical strike chance for 5 seconds.
- Conduit gains 4 charges per attack.
- Conduit gains 8 charges per ability.
- In most cases, the increased AP will mostly be useful on the support, granting additional damage and/or better shield / heal. And the critical strike chance will mostly be useful to the ADC, even though 50% critical strike chance on a support might be useful somehow.
In trying to balance auras, not only do you have to account for the super-strong case (five friends stacked up together) but, on the flip side, you've also got to be thinking about the times when it's just you and a buddy. Keeping an aura balanced for both cases is often a difficult challenge and, even if we can solve for that, usually leaves us wondering how to add satisfying gameplay beyond... an aura. This was the first reason we decided to take on aremodel when bringing more support itemization to the scene.
We wanted to build a high-impact “let's get some hurt in the mix" item that still identified itself as a support tool. Like howis the item you buy when you know there's one mate you need to protect, should be the aggressive counterpart for when you want to smack some faces. As an additional goal here, we really wanted to amp up the satisfaction for the support – something that the old suffered from (unless you really liked auras, we won't deny that).
Why not just make a new item and leavein? We very lightly poked this topic with but might as well address it now. Beyond the issue of leaving an extremely difficult to balance item in the game (particularly one that is relatively weak until the "right" team comp taps into it [and then it becomes very, very strong]), when something becomes so niche in its optimal use it can quickly become a trap item for players believing all items (and item premiums) were created equal. We do want to support the ability for players to make smart, contextualized decisions based on the state of the game, but can't do so by leaving really specialized things lying around. Instead, our hope is to either focus an item so that it becomes a clear choice for a broad enough set of champions (see: ) or we can normalize and push out a wider swathe of options that are actually supportive of Good Decisions (see: our ability power item changes).
- is named after a character from the webcomic as a reward for the creator Tim Buckley gaining over 1000 referrals.
- is the third iteration of a supportive aura item. Its ancestral origin is which was remade into and then replaced by it before being developed into its modern form as .
- Starter items
- Potions and Consumables
- Basic items
- Advanced items
- Finished items
- Minion and Turret items
- Removed items