|“||"Make way for the yeti!"|
A mammalian race that inhabit the Freljord. They are intelligent beings that used to live in harmony with other creatures, like the Yordles. However, after an icy cataclysm that decimated their population, the yeti race was never restored to its original numbers and are a rarity to encounter.
Ancient and noble civilization-builders, the Yeti inhabit the Freljord. They once lived in harmony with other creatures, like the Yordles. Their intelligence and wisdom were utterly connected to their magic. However, unleashed an icy cataclysm which decimated the Yeti civilization and robbed the Yeti of their magic, resulting in most Yeti descending into . While peaceful in nature, most yeti are protective of their own kind and can use violence if necessary for defence.
Other Related Champions
- Avarosan tribesmen encountered yeti during hunts.
- once saved a tavern from a rampaging yeti.
- fought alongside yeti during ancient times.
- attacked, enslaved the yeti and stolen their magic.
- found and befriended .
- Frostguard controlled yeti. fought against
|“||"It was so tiny and peaceful! Hard to believe it would grow up to be... well... a yeti."|
|— Avarosan Trapper|
There are two different appearances to the yeti that greatly differ from each other: those that lost their magical abilities, and those that still retain them. Both groups have white hair all across their bodies to better blend in with the Freljord environment, and can live extremely long lives.
Those that lost their magical abilities are the vast majority of the remaining yeti race. Less intelligent that their magical counterparts, the key features of their appearance is the almost humanoid like appearance resembling an ape. Young yeti have lighter white hair covering their entire bodies. Older yeti, while also substantially larger, also lose hair from their heads while they age. With sharp claws and underbite teeth that function as tusks, these yeti are an imposing threat to anyone facing them. The Frostguard use these yeti as mindless fighters.
greatly differs from his yeti counterparts both in appearance and magical prowess. He was the only one that remained faithfully and zealously guarding what little that remained of the yeti magic, a gem that swirled with the frozen dreams of any mortal mind nearby. Though his task meant he had to find a worthy vessel for the remaining magic, the humans who came to his lair had only malice and greed in their hearts. Until one day, gave Willump what he truly needed, a friend. Giving the remaining magic to the boy, the Yeti and his newfound friend parted, searching to become heroes.
- Yetis are inspired by the ape-like cryptid, whose Tibetan name གཡའ་དྲེད་, g.ya' dred [ja.ʈ(ʂ)ʰe] means literally "rock bear".
- 4 Bjerg the Wanderer encountered many yeti during his travels across the Freljord, which he later told about to his nephew, Ingvar the Younger, who drew 3 illustrations of the yeti.
- Legends of Runeterra depictions of the yeti resemble old .