Wit's End is a finished item in League of Legends.
- 40% attack speed = 1000
- 40 magic resistance = 720
- 42 on-hit damage = 1050
- 30 magic resistance = 540
- 30 'magic penetration' = 933.33
- is gold efficient at 0 stack.
- gold efficiency is further increased by per stack, doubled to on melee champions, up to a maximum of gold efficiency at full stacks.
- Wit's End's additional on-hit damage does not apply to structures.
- Magic resistance can be stolen from multiple enemies at once, including minions, but the user can only gain a total of 30 magic resistance.
- magic damage and physical damage, such as or , in order to both decrease the enemy's magic resistance as well as deal more damage against champions with high armor by dealing additional magic damage. is often most useful on auto-attack reliant, mixed damage dealers who deal both
- While Wit's End is very useful when fighting against tanks with high magic resistance, it can also be very useful against champions with particularly low magic resistance as well.
- Wit's End is also highly useful on frequent auto-attackers against champions with high magic damage, since it can give its owner up to a total of +70 magic resistance while not sacrificing an item slot solely for a defensive item.
- Wit's End is viable on bruisers and tanks who rely on their auto-attacks to deal damage, such as and , as it not only increases their damage output but also greatly bolsters their magic resistance.
- Auto-attack reliant champions who lack attack damage scalings such as often find the 42 on-hit damage roughly equivalent to having AD, resulting in 42 × 35 = 1470 value worth of "attack damage".
- In the same vein, auto-attack reliant champions who predominantly deal magic damage such as 155.55 - 777.75 ( 31.11 per 1 magic penetration) based upon the number of Wit's End stacks. can think of the magic resistance stolen by Wit's End as magic penetration, resulting in
- In order to deal the same amount of magic damage on-hit, a champion with would need 180 AP.
- Wit's End is a strong counter to , as it not only provides the user an on-hit effect that ignores passive, but its magic resistance also reduces the incoming magic damage from passive.
- Wit's End gives 42 on-hit magic damage and, before an update, attack speed. Considering the item's name, this is probably a reference to , where 42 is the answer to "the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything".
- Starter items
- Potions and Consumables
- Basic items
- Advanced items
- Finished items
- Removed items