The Westward Migration refers to a period of a thousand years, in which groups of Humans migrated from the eastern to the western hemisphere en masse.
- These snippets are from the Noxian Calendar from Realms of Runeterra. However, they may be incorrect or biased due to the Noxian point of view or the old age.
- 6000 BN — A Westward Migration
Bringing all their ancient knowledge and wisdom with them, settlers from the forgotten lands of the distant east reached the shores of Shurima and Valoran. In time, their descendants would come to rule some of the greatest civilizations Runeterra has ever known. 
A diaspora from the eastern hemisphere started the migration of humans westward to the Shuriman Continent and its surrounding islands. These settlers founded many new nations and cities:
- Founding of Isle of Buhru
- A group of humans called the Buhru settle on the Serpent Isles, worshipping and eventually managing to canalize the power of the immensely powerful Spirit God of the ocean .
- Founding of the Blessed Isles
- An enlightened society of scholars devoted to studying the world's mysteries is formed on the Blessed Isles after encountering the nature spirit , who gave them knowledge and the location of the blessed Waters of Life as a gift for the respect they had for the land and its magic.
- Founding of Ixtal
- Ixaocan is built as the capital of Ixtal and it's inhabitants dedicate themselves to mastering elemental magic.
- Founding of the Targonian Tribes
- Mortals discovered Mount Targon and created a tribal theocracy centered around the celestial powers that created the mountain, coming into contact with the Aspects. These humans, under the influence of these Aspects would later trick into servitude.
- Founding of Oshra Va'Zaun
- A sea port was constructed in between Valoran and the Shuriman Continent. The people of this sea port started to worship the wind spirit , an ancient Shuriman word meaning “guardian,” for she always seemed to appear in moments of great need. As time went on, she came to be known more simply as "Janna".
- Founding of the Kingdom of Icathia 
- The magocracy Icathia was founded in the southern part of the Shuriman Continent under their first Mage King.
- These settlers came from the far east, implying that there are other lands far east of Valoran and the Shuriman Continent.
- It is possible that this diaspora originated from the lands that would later be known as Kingdom of Camavor.
- At the time, these settlers were far more magically advanced then an average human of the First Lands or the Freljord.
- Realms of Runeterra, Page 66/67