Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Veigar is one of 11 champions that have an ability that infinitely stacks an effect:
, , , , , , , , , , and .
- Among these, Veigar is one of 8 champions that can stack a stat infinitely: , , , , , , , and .
- In Veigar's case, ability power. infinitely stacks his
- When Veigar uses kill an enemy champion, he will laugh malevolently. to
- Veigar possess the most laugh emotes of any champion, at 6.
- Veigar ['vɛi̯ɣɐr] is an Icelandic name, from Old Norse veig "strength" & herr "army"; Veigar's name has two pronunciations:
- /'veɪɡɚ/ (VEY-guhʳ): Riot's official pronunciation of his name;
- /vaɪ'ɡɑ:ɹ/ (vie-GAHR): based on German phonology, considered incorrect.
- Veigar is voiced by Bob Beal.
- is voiced by Scott McNeil.
- V7.9 , and are also voiced by the same voice actor. , pre-
- During development, he was called Permission.
- Veigar is named after Veigar Bouius, who previously worked as the Senior QA Analyst for Riot Games. He is "quite tall".
- All of Veigar's active abilities (excluding edge of a black hole, the point at which light cannot escape. a reference to the undetectable matter in space. a reference to the Big Bang, the prevailing cosmological model that explains the early development of the Universe. His old passive, , which means "Balance", is an important concept in stellar and orbital physics. ) refer to space. a reference to the
- Veigar's appearance is similar to the Black Mage, a character from the Final Fantasy series.
- true damage to all units inside the cage and in very rare occasions it could even kill a unit when it was at 1 health. used to deal 1 point of
- Veigar is over 1,500 years old, as he was present during
- He was possibly captured by the Iron Revenant around 400 BN, or 1400 years ago.
- He was possibly affected by Stockholm syndrome after being held captive for years by .
- The Evil Dead franchise.
quotes "I will swallow your soul!" and "Even now, your loved ones suffer!" are similar to quotes from
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Chrono Trigger
- "Unimaginable is the power of Veigar!" - Magus (talking about Lavos, the last boss)
- "The black wind howls." - Janus
- "I will make weapons from your bones!" - Blacksmith
- "Not even death can save you from me!" - Diablo
- Dragon Ball Z (anime)
- "My power is over 9000!" - Vegeta
- "This isn't even my final form!" - Frieza
- Final Fantasy
- "Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!" - Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
- "I, Veigar, will knock you all down!" - Garland (Final Fantasy)
- "I will create a monument to nonexistence!" - Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
- "The end draws near..." - Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
- "I'll... remember... this..." - Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
- "I am all-powerful!" - Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
- Mortal Kombat
- "Finish Them!"
- "Weak, pathetic fools." - Shao Kahn
- "Vengeance shall be mine!" - Sarah Kerrigan
- "Arcane launch detected!" - Starcraft Nuclear Launch.
- Star Fox
- "Cocky little freaks!" - Sector Y boss
- "I can't let you do that!" - Star Wolf
- Street Fighter
- "Weakness is a disease and I am the cure." - Akuma
- "My victory symbolizes the crumbling of justice." - M. Bison
- "The feelings of terror only prove your inferiority!" - M. Bison
- "Get lost, you can't compare with my powers!" - M. Bison
- The Legend of Zelda
- "Hey! Listen!" - Navi (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- "Do you realize who you're dealing with?" - Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- "You are Error!" - Zelda 2 reference.
- "You dare defy me?!" - Iron Knuckle (The Legend of Zelda CDi Games)
- "All the cake is gone!" - Portal reference
- "Your entire life has been a mathematical error!" - GLaDOS
- "Playtime has ended!" - Magneto (X-Men vs Street Fighter)
- "Champions! Welcome to die!" - Magneto (X-Men Arcade)
- "I will show you true power!" - Mass Effect (possibly). Shares this quote with .
- "Annoying Champion is about to die!" - Gauntlet
- "You and your friends are dead!" - Friday the 13th (NES Game, Game Over screen)
- "A battle you have no chance of winning." - G-Man (Half-Life)
- "I am invincible!" - GoldenEye
- "Welcome to your doom!" - Altered Beast
- "What is a champion? A miserable pile of pixels!" - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night reference
- "I hunger!" - Sinistar
- "Don't get mad! Get sadistic!" - Destroy All Humans!
- "Join me or die!" - Warcraft III
- "Somebody set up us the bomb!" - Zero Wings
- "I have fury!" - Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (said by Fawful)
- "Would you kindly (Stop moving!)" - BioShock
- "My strength is unparalleled!" - Ninetails (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
- "Got a present for ya!" - Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars
- "Quad Damage!" - Quake/Unreal Tournament
- "It's no use!" - Silver (Sonic the Hedgehog (2006))
- "Super effective!" - Pokémon
- "You have fallen into my trap!" - Yu-Gi-Oh!
- "Your journey ends here, hero!" - Fantasy Rivals
- "Delete!" - Mega Man Battle Network, Death Note, or Cybermen (Doctor Who)
- "Suffer like we did!" - Zeal (The House of the Dead/The Typing of the Dead)
- "My power grows!" - Majesty (stated when one of the player's Wizards levels up)
- "Let's run it back!" - A "run back" is a general fighting game term for a rematch.
- "Right where I want you!" - Millhouse Manastorm from World of Warcraft
- He closely resembles the Black Mage from the Final Fantasy series.
- His was directly tweaked for the first splash art of his skin.
- While more elaborately edited, the first splash art for his skin also seems to have borrowed the pose from his first classic splash art.
- This skin shares the Medieval theme with:
- He is among the only three skins priced at
, making them the cheapest ones available (excluding sales and giveaways/promotions).
- The others are:
- The others are:
- He does not have the robe of the White Mage but uses a similar color palette.
- This skin shares the Winter Sports theme with:
- He was released in celebration of the 2010 Winter Olympics along with:
- He is competing in the curling event at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- This skin shares the Riftquest theme with:
- The skin was somewhat inspired by tabletop role-playing games.
- It is a direct reference to Gandalf the Grey from the The Lord of the Rings, written by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- On his left hand, he is holding a .
- This skin shares the Fables theme with:
- He was released in celebration of Saint Patrick's Day 2011.
- It replaces particles with four leaf clovers, particles with floating four leaf clovers, and falling trail with a solid rainbow.
- This skin shares the Road Warrior theme with:
- It also shares the 'Baron' theme with:
- This skin shares the Silver Age theme with:
- It changes particles into mechanic pyramid-like structures that resemble the claw on his hand.
- holds a scepter that closely resembles the "Runed Arcanite Rod" item in World of Warcraft.
- Contrary to the belief of some of the community, this skin has nothing to do with the popular YouTube personality TotalBiscuit.
- This skin shares the Snowdown theme with:
- He was released in celebration of Snowdown Showdown 2012 along with:
- It is a possible reference to the Grinch, a green, hairy creature that stole every gift during Christmas.
- It changes the particles of all of Veigar's spells; becomes a Christmas tree shaped cookie, becomes a breaking colored bauble, area is marked by Christmas trees and lights, and becomes a wrapped present. The skin also features a animation where Veigar enters a chimney.
- This skin shares the Arcade theme with:
- This skin was teased through a Final Boss picture showing the previous three Arcade skins. The Polish site for League of Legends has listed the name Veigar in the announcements link.
- His voice is similar to the Shadow Selves' voices in the English dubbed version of Persona 4 series.
- His hands and feet floating near his body without any arms or legs is a reference to the Rayman series.
- The glove on his right hand resembles the Power Glove, an accessory for the NES.
- His right hand appears on the teaser with the hand on giant proportions, being a reference to the Master Hand from Super Smash Bros series.
- It is revealed in the splash art for this skin that the 3 red buttons on the knuckles have the letters Q, W, and E on them. This is a reference to many Real-Time Strategy games (such as League of Legends), where Q, W, E, and R are used to cast spells or abilities.
- During his recall animation, he inputs a code that strongly resembles the Konami Code into his glove (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A).
- His The Wizard Agahnim" from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. is a reference to "
- His Tetris to fall. causes different pieces from
- His is a box of binary code, a number system that computers use to run.
- His dance references the Can-Can..
- He shares this dance with:
- He shares this dance with:
- His staff has an eye that resembles The Eye of Sauron.
- Most of Final Boss Veigar's quotes are video game references. A large portion of them, and more, can be seen in this video.
- This skin shares the Omega Squad theme with:
- (pre-metal breakdown) can be seen to his right looking through binoculars.
- This is the only Skin where his ears (and part of his face) can be seen, due to him not wearing any type of hat.
- This skin shares the Eclipse theme with:
- This skin shares the 'Disguise' theme with:
- He celebrates April Fools' Day 2020 along with:
and can be seen in the background, while he and Tristana are perched on
- However, Horace 'Horuze' Hsu has posted a follow up image that shows a buff instead of Urgot. This is most likely done as a joke befitting the seasonal event.
- This skin was inspired by Furyhorn from Teamfight Tactics.
- This skin shares the Astronauts theme with:
- He is responsible for creating the corrupted , as he is shown turning regular meeps into corrupted ones when recalling.
- His energy gauntlet disintegrates during his death animation.
tortured Veigar to gain knowledge about other realms.
- He knew  , who was also forced to work for Mordekaiser.
- might think all evil champions are allies for his advantage.
- The reason why Noxian prison, according to reports from Noxian authorities, was because Veigar was amongst 'a handful' of yordles arrested for trading illegal goods in Noxus. was in
- After his failed attempt to steal The Mothership, Veigar was shot down by during his escape.
is a friend of Veigar.
- This might have been Riot's response to a fanfiction thread about their misadventures. According to Rivini (its author), Riot officially made them friends, AFTER the thread was created.