Valanx is the first of the new champions: created to be the host oflive kit. In keeping with the live kit's new existential personality, I felt like one of the Shuriman Baccai would be a perfect candidate. Baccai are those who were rejected by the ritual of Ascension - they are malformed and incomplete. There is not an expansive amount of lore surrounding the Baccai other than the fact they exist - so there's nothing inhibiting the introduction of this champion.
- Personality and themes
Valanx retains most of the design choices of Aatrox's VGU - including his model, posture and personality. He is angry and hateful, self-depracating and suicidal. Appearance wise, however, Valanx would receive a new Valanx classic skin where he resembles a malformed Ascended - most similar Sand Magic (Bending) for his abilities.or }, except the transformation isn't complete. Valanx's animal motif was set to be the scarab beetle - making him look like a half-formed Khepri. One of the biggest departures from Aatrox's VGU is that Valanx is unarmed - he attacks enemies with his mutated claws and utilizes
I gave him the title, The Deathless Prince, because I felt it might be interesting if Valanx was a former prince to the Shuriman Empire who shamed his name when the Sun Disc rejected him. While other Baccai might have died as a result of their deformation, or perhaps Baccai in general only have short life spans, Valanx was cursed to suffer his shame indefinitely.
- Enfeeble (I)
- Valanx periodically empowers his next attack to gain bonus range and deal bonus damage based on the target's maximum health.
- Dispatch (Q)
- Valanx performs an acrobatic attack that cycles between 3 areas of effect.
- Entomb (W)
- Valanx unleashes a gust of magic that creates an area of quick sand beneath the first enemy hit. If they do not escape in a short time, a sinkhole opens up that drags them into its center and deals additional damage.
- Shift (E)
- Valanx dashes a fixed distance in the target direction. Additionally, Valanx passively heals for a percentage of the non-periodic damage he deals against champions.
- World Ender (R)
- Valanx reveals the remnants of his beetle-wings and takes flight, gaining movement speed and fearing nearby enemies. While transformed, Aatrox gains bonus AD and increases healing.
- Valanx would be released with , and .
- Upon logging in after The Champion Blender, players would receive the option to refund or keep any of their currently owned cosmetics.