This article is either missing an image or needs the quality of an image to be improved. Reason given: none
"First light approaches."
In footage seen, there is 4 bars in the same place as Rising Thunder's 3 Special move cooldowns + Super move cooldown, so this game might have the same inputs for its special moves, which would also reflect League of Legends' champion abilities - usually 3 basic abilities, and an ultimate ability. It wouldn't be unlikely that this game has passive abilities as well.
When a character is being juggled (comboed in the air) in this game, there's a counter of how many consecutive hits occurred in the air, below the combo meter. This looks near identical to Rising Thunder's juggle counter, except without a number stating the maximum juggle. In Rising Thunder, when this counter was filled up, the player being juggled became invincible briefly and fell to the ground. Something similar was seen in the gameplay where this meter was seen, where Katarina fell towards the ground after being shot in the air by Jinx, but this could be a completely different mechanic in play.
- The founders of Radiant are also the creators of GGPO;
- The company's previous fighting game, Rising Thunder made use of GGPO;
- All of the games unveiled for the 10th Anniversary Event had the stated purpose of improving common issues the genres have, and in the case of fighters, poor netcode is a common complaint for many popular games such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Tekken 7, especially due to stay-at-home orders and quarantines following the COVID-19 pandemic during the game's development time meaning that players could only play online for an extended amount of time.
- Seen Roster
- Indirectly seen potential roster
Skill images in 'goodies' folder
- Seen Moves
- A move based on , where she fires a blast of blue energy downwards and it runs along then rises off the ground. Stuns briefly.
- Seen Moves
- Darius swings his axe in an arc upwards.
- Based on 2LoR), seemingly a Command Grab or Hitgrab, Darius reaches up with his axe, and slams his opponent to the ground. (
- Seen Moves
- Katarina is seen falling swiftly downwards and glowing white after being juggled by projectiles. Perhaps an anti-juggling mechanic just as Rising Thunder has, or a mechanic similar to Rising Thunder's Kinetic Defense, a mechanic that was limited by a meter that allowed the opponent to escape combos or any hit-stun manually. No meter resembling it was shown in the footage where this was seen.
Jinx is seen with the same two of the weapons from her arsenal as she is in League of Legends - her minigun , and her rocket launcher .
- Seen Moves
- Jinx swings Pow-Pow in an wide 3/4 circle arc from ground to above her, launching the opponent hit high upwards and away. Appears to combo into the next move:
- Jinx fires 5 fast projectiles from Pow-Pow in swift succession at a 40° angle, seemingly functioning as an anti-air and juggling tool. Lasts roughly 2 seconds.
- This game is developed by the developers from Radiant Entertainment. Radiant was a game developer that was acquired by Riot Games Inc. in March 2016.
- This game was heavily inspired by Radiant's cancelled game, Rising Thunder.
- A mod for Super Smash Bros. featuring League of Legends champions was made and played during the pre-2019 Thunderdome events.
- The game had a cameo in the GIANTS music video.
- 10th Anniversary Riot Pis - Making Games
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3y7kmtg26U&ab_channel=TheSkilledRoy - better link to come very soon
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R57yrha8tw&feature=youtu.be - better link to come very soon
- Timestamped footage of Jinx and Katarina